- Build and deploy your first machine learning web app - May 22, 2020.
A beginner’s guide to train and deploy machine learning pipelines in Python using PyCaret.
- Hyperparameter Optimization for Machine Learning Models - May 7, 2020.
Check out this comprehensive guide to model optimization techniques.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n17, Apr 29: The Super Duper NLP Repo; Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books & Courses for Quarantine - Apr 29, 2020.
Also: Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events; Learning during a crisis (Data Science 90-day learning challenge); Data Transformation: Standardization vs Normalization; DBSCAN Clustering Algorithm in Machine Learning; Find Your Perfect Fit: A Quick Guide for Job Roles in the Data World
- Announcing PyCaret 1.0.0 - Apr 21, 2020.
An open source low-code machine learning library in Python. PyCaret is an alternate low-code library that can be used to replace hundreds of lines of code with few words only. This makes experiments exponentially fast and efficient.
- The Double Descent Hypothesis: How Bigger Models and More Data Can Hurt Performance - Apr 20, 2020.
OpenAI research shows a phenomenon that challenges both traditional statistical learning theory and conventional wisdom in machine learning practitioners.
- Want to Build an AI Model for Your Business? Read this - Mar 25, 2020.
The best approach for AI production is similar to what venture capitalists (VC’s) do when they evaluate and invest in startups.
- ModelDB 2.0 is here! - Mar 19, 2020.
We are excited to announce that ModelDB 2.0 is now available! We have learned a lot since building ModelDB 1.0, so we decided to rebuild from the ground up.
- Decision Boundary for a Series of Machine Learning Models - Mar 13, 2020.
I train a series of Machine Learning models using the iris dataset, construct synthetic data from the extreme points within the data and test a number of Machine Learning models in order to draw the decision boundaries from which the models make predictions in a 2D space, which is useful for illustrative purposes and understanding on how different Machine Learning models make predictions.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n45, Nov 27: Interpretable vs black box models; Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 27, 2019.
This week: Stop explaining black box machine learning models for high stakes decisions and use interpretable models instead; Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists; Python Tuples and Tuple Methods; Can Neural Networks Develop Attention? Google Thinks they Can; Three Methods of Data Pre-Processing for Text Classification
- Stop explaining black box machine learning models for high stakes decisions and use interpretable models instead - Nov 20, 2019.
The two main takeaways from this paper: firstly, a sharpening of my understanding of the difference between explainability and interpretability, and why the former may be problematic; and secondly some great pointers to techniques for creating truly interpretable models.
- Automate Hyperparameter Tuning for Your Models - Sep 20, 2019.
When we create our machine learning models, a common task that falls on us is how to tune them. So that brings us to the quintessential question: Can we automate this process?
- Version Control for Data Science: Tracking Machine Learning Models and Datasets - Sep 13, 2019.
I am a Git god, why do I need another version control system for Machine Learning Projects?
- Introducing AI Explainability 360: A New Toolkit to Help You Understand what Machine Learning Models are Doing - Aug 27, 2019.
Recently, AI researchers from IBM open sourced AI Explainability 360, a new toolkit of state-of-the-art algorithms that support the interpretability and explainability of machine learning models.
- 7 Tips for Dealing With Small Data - Jul 29, 2019.
At my workplace, we produce a lot of functional prototypes for our clients. Because of this, I often need to make Small Data go a long way. In this article, I’ll share 7 tips to improve your results when prototyping with small datasets.
- From Data Pre-processing to Optimizing a Regression Model Performance - Jul 19, 2019.
All you need to know about data pre-processing, and how to build and optimize a regression model using Backward Elimination method in Python.
- Data-driven to Model-driven: The Strategic Shift Being Made by Leading Organizations - Jun 17, 2019.
You can have all the data you want, do all the machine learning you want, but if you aren’t running your business on models, you’ll soon be left behind. In this webinar, we will demystify the model-driven business.
- The Machine Learning Puzzle, Explained - Jun 17, 2019.
Lots of moving parts go into creating a machine learning model. Let's take a look at some of these core concepts and see how the machine learning puzzle comes together.
- All Models Are Wrong – What Does It Mean? - Jun 12, 2019.
During your adventures in data science, you may have heard “all models are wrong.” Let’s unpack this famous quote to understand how we can still make models that are useful.
- 7 Steps to Mastering Intermediate Machine Learning with Python — 2019 Edition - Jun 3, 2019.
This is the second part of this new learning path series for mastering machine learning with Python. Check out these 7 steps to help master intermediate machine learning with Python!
- Choosing Between Model Candidates - May 29, 2019.
Models are useful because they allow us to generalize from one situation to another. When we use a model, we’re working under the assumption that there is some underlying pattern we want to measure, but it has some error on top of it.
- Careful! Looking at your model results too much can cause information leakage - May 24, 2019.
We all are aware of the issue of overfitting, which is essentially where the model you build replicates the training data results so perfectly its fitted to the training data and does not generalise to better represent the population the data comes to, with catastrophic results when you feed in new data and get very odd results.
- Modeling 101 - May 13, 2019.
In the past couple of decades, innovation in statistics and machine learning has been increasing at a rapid pace and we are now able to do things unimaginable when I began my career.
- Modeling Price with Regularized Linear Model & XGBoost - May 2, 2019.
We are going to implement regularization techniques for linear regression of house pricing data. Our goal in price modeling is to model the pattern and ignore the noise.
- Distributed Artificial Intelligence: A primer on Multi-Agent Systems, Agent-Based Modeling, and Swarm Intelligence - Apr 18, 2019.
Distributed Artificial Intelligence (DAI) is a class of technologies and methods that span from swarm intelligence to multi-agent technologies. It is one of the subsets of AI where simulation has greater importance that point-prediction.
- Checklist for Debugging Neural Networks - Mar 22, 2019.
Check out these tangible steps you can take to identify and fix issues with training, generalization, and optimization for machine learning models.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n05, Jan 30: Your AI skills are worth less than you think; 7 Steps to Mastering Basic Machine Learning - Jan 30, 2019.
Also: Logistic Regression: A Concise Technical Overview; AI is a Big Fat Lie; How To Fine Tune Your Machine Learning Models To Improve Forecasting Accuracy; Airbnb Rental Listings Dataset Mining; Data Science Project Flow for Startups
- A startup: Quantitative Modeler [Remote, US] - Jan 18, 2019.
A Startup is seeking a talented and highly motivated Quantitative Modeler for a unique and exciting opportunity with a small team looking to accurately predict the events (team and player level) of future sports competitions.
- BERT: State of the Art NLP Model, Explained - Dec 26, 2018.
BERT’s key technical innovation is applying the bidirectional training of Transformer, a popular attention model, to language modelling. It has caused a stir in the Machine Learning community by presenting state-of-the-art results in a wide variety of NLP tasks.
- Multi-Class Text Classification Model Comparison and Selection - Nov 1, 2018.
This is what we are going to do today: use everything that we have presented about text classification in the previous articles (and more) and comparing between the text classification models we trained in order to choose the most accurate one for our problem.
Pages: 1 2
- Will Models Rule the World? Data Science Salon Miami, Nov 6-7 - Oct 19, 2018.
This post is excerpted from the thoughts of Data Science Salon Miami speakers on the future of model-based decision-making.
- How to Solve the ModelOps Challenge - Oct 18, 2018.
A recent study shows that while 85% believe data science will allow their companies to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage, only 5% are using data science extensively. Join this webinar, Nov 14, to find out why.
- Society of Machines: The Complex Interaction of Agents - Oct 4, 2018.
In this new series we’ll focus on collective interaction of two or more machines. This interaction of machines can be among each other or with the environment.
- Machine Learning: How to Build a Model From Scratch - Sep 20, 2018.
Register now for upcoming webinar, Building a Machine Learning Fraud Model with Momentum Travel, on Sep 27 @ 10 AM PT.
- How to Make Your Machine Learning Models Robust to Outliers - Aug 28, 2018.
In this blog, we’ll try to understand the different interpretations of this “distant” notion. We will also look into the outlier detection and treatment techniques while seeing their impact on different types of machine learning models.
- Leveraging Agent-based Models (ABM) and Digital Twins to Prevent Injuries - Aug 22, 2018.
Both athletes and machines deal with inter-twined complex systems (where the interactions of one complex system can have a ripple effect on others) that can have significant impact on their operational effectiveness.
- Building Reliable Machine Learning Models with Cross-validation - Aug 9, 2018.
Cross-validation is frequently used to train, measure and finally select a machine learning model for a given dataset because it helps assess how the results of a model will generalize to an independent data set in practice.
- Modelling Time Series Processes using GARCH - May 25, 2018.
To go into the turbulent seas of volatile data and analyze it in a time changing setting, ARCH models were developed.
Pages: 1 2
- Model Risk Management with Automated Machine Learning, Mar 29 Webinar - Mar 9, 2018.
Model Risk Management has recently become a very hot topic in regulatory and compliance-rich industries. Join DataRobot on Mar 29, 2018 for a webinar titled "Model Risk Management with Automated Machine Learning."
- A Framework for Approaching Textual Data Science Tasks - Nov 22, 2017.
Although NLP and text mining are not the same thing, they are closely related, deal with the same raw data type, and have some crossover in their uses. Let's discuss the steps in approaching these types of tasks.
- Interpreting Machine Learning Models: An Overview - Nov 7, 2017.
This post summarizes the contents of a recent O'Reilly article outlining a number of methods for interpreting machine learning models, beyond the usual go-to measures.
- Train your Deep Learning Faster: FreezeOut - Aug 3, 2017.
We explain another novel method for much faster training of Deep Learning models by freezing the intermediate layers, and show that it has little or no effect on accuracy.
- Models: From the Lab to the Factory - Apr 27, 2017.
In this post, we’ll go over techniques to avoid these scenarios through the process of model management and deployment.
- Must-Know: Why it may be better to have fewer predictors in Machine Learning models? - Apr 4, 2017.
There are a few reasons why it might be a better idea to have fewer predictor variables rather than having many of them. Read on to find out more.
- What is Structural Equation Modeling? - Mar 27, 2017.
Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) is an extremely broad and flexible framework for data analysis, perhaps better thought of as a family of related methods rather than as a single technique. What is its relevance to Marketing Research?
- Statistical Modeling: A Primer - Mar 21, 2017.
It's critical to understand that statistical models are simplified representations of reality and they're all wrong but some of them are useful. So why do we use statistical models?
- Learn about modeling methods at PAW Chicago, Jun 19-22 - Feb 27, 2017.
Predictive Analytics World Business is coming to Chicago Jun 19-22, featuring advanced predictive modeling methods. Register by March 10 for super early bird rates.
- Smart Data Platform – The Future of Big Data Technology - Dec 2, 2016.
Data processing and analytical modelling are major bottlenecks in today’s big data world, due to need of human intelligence to decide relationships between data, required data engineering tasks, analytical models and it’s parameters. This article talks about Smart Data Platform to help to solve such problems.
- Approaching (Almost) Any Machine Learning Problem - Aug 18, 2016.
If you're looking for an overview of how to approach (almost) any machine learning problem, this is a good place to start. Read on as a Kaggle competition veteran shares his pipelines and approach to problem-solving.
Pages: 1 2
- New Standard Methodology for Analytical Models - Aug 3, 2015.
Traditional methods for the analytical modelling like CRISP-DM have several shortcomings. Here we describe these friction points in CRISP-DM and introduce a new approach of Standard Methodology for Analytics Models which overcomes them.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Automatic Statistician and the Profoundly Desired Automation for Data Science - Feb 17, 2015.
The Automatic Statistician project by Univ. of Cambridge and MIT is pushing ahead the frontiers of automation for the selection and evaluation of machine learning models. In general, what does automation mean to Data Science?
- Boeing: Advanced Technologist – Modeling - Nov 25, 2014.
Modeling, using formal languages for system specification, requirements formalization, application of formal methods to safety analysis, vehicle health management, and test-case generation.