- AIRSIDE LIVE Is Where Big Data, Data Security and Data Governance Converge - May 27, 2021.
Free virtual summit on June 3rd offers sessions from data industry leaders and practitioners on challenges and solutions in an ever-changing, data-driven landscape.
- What is Data Catalog and Why You Should Care? - Dec 23, 2019.
Learn why data catalogs could be just the thing you need to meet the challenges of data and metadata management and collaboration.
- Automated Data Governance 101 - Oct 15, 2019.
The way we control our data isn’t working. Data is as vulnerable as ever. Download this white paper, which outlines lessons about how data science and governance programs can, if implemented properly, reinforce each other’s objective.
- Advanced Analytics & Data Gov Training in Chicago: ML, DL, Self-Service, Strategy, and more - Mar 13, 2019.
Learn effective data governance practices and how to successfully implement advanced analytics by attending our industry leading training at TDWI Chicago, April 28 - May 3, and take your projects to the next level.
- On Building Effective Data Science Teams - Mar 4, 2019.
We take a look at the qualities that make a successful data team in order to help business leaders and executives create better AI strategies.
- Bring Essential Data Governance Training to Your Team - Oct 15, 2018.
Technology trends such as big data, cloud, self-service, and agile challenge traditional data governance practices. TDWI Onsite Education sends top-rated instructors to teach the skills you need at your location. Discounts available for training scheduled prior to Dec 31, 2018.
- YouTube videos on database management, SQL, Datawarehousing, Business Intelligence, OLAP, Big Data, NoSQL databases, data quality, data governance and Analytics – free - May 18, 2018.
Watch over 20 hours of YouTube videos on databases and database design, Physical Data Storage, Transaction Management and Database Access, and Data Warehousing, Data Governance and (Big) Data Analytics - all free.
- Is a Single Version of Truth Possible?
May 16 Webinar - May 10, 2018.
The data warehouse promised to deliver a single version of truth. But skeptics abound, saying a single version of truth is a mirage and not necessary. Join this webinar and learn from experts debating this question.
- Discover the Looker Difference, Mar 14 Webinar - Mar 8, 2018.
More than just BI, Looker is a modern data platform that can serve the data needs of an entire company, with a balance of self-service and governance with access to a single-source of truth.
- Operational Best Practices for Enterprise Data Science - Jan 24, 2018.
Join Team Anaconda for a live webinar, Jan 30, 2pm CT, as we tackle the four main concerns we hear from our customers and show you best practices for managing enterprise data science: scalability, security, integration, and governance.
- Governance in Data Science - Jan 16, 2018.
Governance roles for data science and analytics teams are becoming more common... One of the key functions of this role is to perform analysis and validation of data sets in order to build confidence in the underlying data sets.
- Data Science Governance - Why does it matter? Why now? - Jul 10, 2017.
Everyone is talking about GDPR, Data Governance and Data Privacy, these days. Here we discuss what is it and why does it matter.
- Axcess-Financial: Manager of Governance – Financial Services Industry - Jun 6, 2016.
Seeking a Manager of Governance, to develop an Operation Risk Management (ORM) Framework and install best practices in 2nd line ORM oversight across the company, with goal to ensure compliance with risk policies and standards.
- Interview: Linda Powell, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) on Data Governance for Finance Industry - May 22, 2015.
We discuss the chief data officer role at CFPB, big data opportunities and challenges, ontology, vintage data, data governance trends, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Kenneth Viciana, Equifax on Data Governance – Red Tape or Catalyst? - Mar 14, 2015.
We discuss recommendations for Data Governance policies, advice, Big Data trends, qualities sought in Data Scientists, and more.
- 2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science? - Dec 21, 2014.
What’s next in the world of big data? Commonplace terms begin to vanish as businesses put an increased emphasis on the predictive and prescriptive analytics needed to drive value.
- Tableau Top 10 Trends in Business Intelligence for 2015 - Dec 6, 2014.
Tableau Software presents its top 10 trends in business intelligence in 2015, including transformed data governance, improved social intelligence, and organizational analytics.
- Interview: Christophe Toum, Talend on Why Big Data Needs Big Governance - Aug 2, 2014.
We discuss the priority order of data governance for Big Data initiatives, impact of increasing shift towards Hadoop and NoSQL, data quality, current trends, talent crunch, advice and more.
- Interview: Aparna Pujar, eBay on Evolution of Behavior Analytics for User Engagement - Jul 25, 2014.
We discuss Behavior Analytics vs. Web Analytics, important metrics for user engagement, challenges of behavior insights domain, future of multi-screen analytics, key soft skill and more.
- Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 – Day 2 Highlights - Jul 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Governance experts from Visa, Bing, San Francisco County, and RS Investments at Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
- Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 – Day 1 Highlights - Jun 24, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Governance experts from State of Colorado, IBM, Informatica and Sony Pictures Entertainment on day 1 of Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
- Don Zereski, VP, Local Search & Discovery, HERE (Nokia) on Location Analytics and Architecture Evolution - Jun 8, 2014.
We discuss trends in location analytics, evolution of HERE's analytics architecture, infrastructure challenges, data governance and more.
- Lynn Goldstein, Chief Data Officer, NYU on the Need for Data Governance - Jun 3, 2014.
We discuss the role of Data Governance, establishing Big Data accountability, impact of Data Governance on Data Quality, and assessing the education available for Data Governance.