- What’s the difference between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst? - Nov 25, 2021.
Find out the major differences between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist, and read the author's pointers on what they would recommend you to do if you wish to make that transition from Data Analyst to Data Scientist.
- A Guide to 14 Different Data Science Jobs - Oct 27, 2021.
The field of data science is growing into one that features a variety of job titles This guide reviews different positions available for you to consider if you have a data science background.
- Will Data Analysts be Replaced by AI? - Oct 5, 2021.
It's the question so many are asking: will data analysts be replaced by AI? Read this well-reasoned and concise opinion by someone with insight into the matter.
- 7 Differences Between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist - Sep 9, 2021.
This article discusses the 7 key differences between data analysts and data scientists with an aim to help potential data analysts/scientists determine which is the right one for them. I touch on day-to-day tasks, skill requirements, typical career progression, and salary and career prospects for both.
- 3 mindset changes to become a better analyst - Aug 12, 2021.
Once fresh out of school and ready to burst into an organization as a new hire with newly-developed skills and knowledge, many have learned that things tend to be a little different in the "real world" compared to university. A few shifts in your approach to continued learning and expanding your confidence might help you professionally reach a little further, faster.
- Become an Analytics Engineer in 90 Days - Jul 12, 2021.
A new role of the Analytics Engineer is an exciting opportunity that crosses the skill sets of a Data Analyst and Data Engineer. Here, we describe how this position can evolve at an organization, and recommend self-learning resources that can be used to prepare for the multifaceted responsibilities.
- How to Land a Data Analytics Job in 6 Months - Jun 17, 2021.
Go from zero to hero in under six months. Data science has a very high barrier of entry. It is a very competitive field that everybody from different educational backgrounds are looking to get into. Here is useful advice on how to proceed.
- Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained - May 19, 2021.
In this article, we will have a look at five distinct data careers, and hopefully provide some advice on how to get one's feet wet in this convoluted field.
- Data Profession Job Satisfaction: Beware Of The Drop - Apr 16, 2021.
Latest KDnuggets Poll results: The Job satisfaction has declined for ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts, but remained the same for Data Engineers, and Managers/Directors. Data Scientist job satisfaction has an alarming drop in mid-career. Finally, which regions have the highest and lowest job satisfactions?
- Data Engineering — the Cousin of Data Science, is Troublesome - Jan 22, 2021.
A Data Scientist must be a jack of many, many trades. Especially when working in broader teams, understanding the roles of others, such as data engineering, can help you validate progress and be aware of potential pitfalls. So, how can you convince your analysts to realize the importance of expanding their toolkit? Examples from real life often provide great insight.
- How to Think Like a Data Scientist - May 29, 2020.
So what does it take to become a data scientist? For some pointers on the skills for success, I interviewed Ben Chu, who is a Senior Data Scientist at Refinitiv Labs.
- Find Your Perfect Fit: A Quick Guide for Job Roles in the Data World - Apr 23, 2020.
Data related positions are considered the hottest in the job market during the last couple of years. While everyone wants to join the party and enter this fascinating field, it is essential to first get an understanding. In this quick guide, I’ll do my best to dispel the confusion by crystalizing the essence of the different positions.
- The Future of Careers in Data Science & Analysis - Nov 27, 2019.
As the fields of data science and analysis continue to expand, the next crop of bright minds is always needed. Learn more about the nuances of these jobs and find where you can fit in for a rewarding and interesting career.
- How to Become a Successful Healthcare Data Analyst - Nov 5, 2019.
Are you interested in starting your career in the data analysis domain? Read this informative blog on how to get your career off the ground.
- Why Data Visualization Is The Most Important Skill in a Data Analyst Arsenal - Aug 26, 2019.
Visually-displayed data is much more accessible, and it’s critical to promptly identify the weaknesses of an organization, accurately forecast trading volumes and sale prices, or make the right business choices.
- How to Build Disruptive Data Science Teams: 10 Best Practices - Jul 16, 2019.
Building a data science team from the ground up isn't easy. This strategic roadmap will help hiring managers with tactical advice and how to properly support a data science team once established.
- Benco: Data Analyst [Pittston, PA] - Apr 8, 2019.
Benco is seeking a Data Analyst to be responsible for providing comprehensive data analysis and quantitative research to enhance their customer knowledge and marketing programs.
- Intuit: Staff Business Data Analyst [Mountain View, CA] - Mar 6, 2019.
Intuit is seeking a Staff Business Data Analyst in Mountain View, CA. Come join Intuit as a Staff Business Data Analyst in our blazingly fast paced and high performing team.
- On Building Effective Data Science Teams - Mar 4, 2019.
We take a look at the qualities that make a successful data team in order to help business leaders and executives create better AI strategies.
- Voloridge: Quant Data Analyst [Jupiter, FL] - Jan 18, 2019.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Data Services Analyst to work collaboratively with our data scientists and our operations team to meet the Voloridge mission of delivering superior risk-adjusted returns using proprietary modeling techniques.
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine: Data Analyst [Bethesda, Maryland] - Oct 29, 2018.
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking a Data Analyst in Bethesda, Maryland, to analyze, organize, and manage AACOM’s data infrastructure.
- UnitedHealth Group: Data Analyst – Global Finance [Minnetonka, MN] - Aug 27, 2018.
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a Data Analyst - Global Finance in Minnetonka, MN to own the construction, development and maintenance of the analytical datasets that support the UnitedHealthcare Global finance team.
- SocialCops: Sr Data Analyst - Jul 24, 2018.
SocialCops is seeking a Senior Data Analyst. You'll independently drive data structuring and analysis for our partners or internal product teams' problem statements.
- compstak: Jr Data Analyst - Jul 19, 2018.
Seeking talented full time data analysts to help us improve our data pipeline in order to ensure high quality and better scalability. This includes data extraction, preprocessing, augmentation, and verification projects.
- GetYourGuide: Senior Data Analyst - Apr 23, 2018.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will contribute to the vision of your team and with the different business units to establish and maintain best practices for data-driven decisions, including the data supply chain, data storage, reporting solutions, and analysis.
- GetYourGuide: Data Analyst - Apr 23, 2018.
As a Data Analyst, you will contribute to the vision of your team and with the different business units to establish and maintain best practices for data-driven decisions, including the data supply chain, data storage, reporting solutions, and analysis.
- Foot Locker: Data Analyst - Apr 2, 2018.
Seeking a self-managing leader who has a history of increasing responsibility and a passion to move the ball forward with respect to analyzing and deploying the customer experience data.
- Jimdo: Data Analyst - Oct 16, 2017.
Seeking a Data Analyst you will join Jimdo's cross-functional Data Team at the Jimdo Headquarter in the beautiful city of Hamburg, and bring domain knowledge and experience to a diverse team and contribute to the understanding and usage of data throughout the company and enabling data driven decision making.
- The Role of the Data Analyst in a Predictive Era - Aug 17, 2017.
Read "Analyst of the Future" guidebook to discover 3 emerging analyst roles and what they encompass, 4 trends transforming the world of data, and more.
- plan.com: Data Analyst - Jun 27, 2017.
Seeking a Data Analyst to play an integral role in utilizing all analysis (particularly surrounding raw data manipulation, customer value management and commercially-focused business strategy) in order to implement change and improve overall business performance.
- Cox Communications: Data Analyst - May 17, 2017.
Seeking a Data Analyst III who is an expert in reporting, analysis, and metrics with advanced understanding.
- Evidera: SAS Programmer/Senior Data Analyst - May 5, 2017.
The SAS Programmer/Senior Data Analyst is integral to the success of the organization and works closely with a variety of stakeholders; technical and research, in order to drive the delivery and quality of required programming and results tables.
- 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained - Feb 6, 2017.
Sexiest job... massive shortage... blah blah blah. Are you looking to get a real handle on the career paths available in "Data Science" and "Big Data?" Read this article for insight on where to look to sharpen the required entry-level skills.
- AbsolutData: Data Analyst (must be proficient in Spanish) - Jan 13, 2017.
Be a part of the team working on marketing analytics with global clients, apply analytical tools and techniques and effectively communicate the results.
- NEW: 6 Hot Career Prospects in Data Science Industry Today - Nov 18, 2016.
You read that Data Scientist is “The Sexiest Job of The 21st Century”, but there are other jobs profiles and opportunities in Data Science – read about these roles, responsibilities, skills, salary prospects and market demand (also pretty sexy!).
Pages: 1 2
- Data Scientists vs Data Analysts – Part 1 - Nov 11, 2016.
With employers trying to keep up with current data science trends, are data scientists just renamed data analysts? Part 1 of an investigation focuses on the top level numbers and pretty visualisations to highlight key differences.
- Evolution of the Data Scientist Through the Decade: What’s Changed - Oct 20, 2016.
Evolution is the truth of mankind and it’s inevitable. We all are evolutionizing everyday biologically as well as technologically and so do our roles and responsibilities. Here is the summary of evolution of Data Scientist role and it’s hiring trends in industry throughout the decade.
Pages: 1 2
- Equifax: Strategic Data Performance Analyst - Oct 14, 2016.
Seeking a Strategic Data Performance Analyst, responsible for leading analytic initiatives pertaining to maximizing the effectiveness of EWS data assets, including: Data Quality Analysis and Improvement, Data Valuation Analytics, Data Usage Analytics, and Customer Profiling.
- Mid-Atlantic PERMANENTE Medical Group: Research Data Analyst - Sep 20, 2016.
Provide analytic support on research projects involving clinical data, including collaborating with investigators in research studies, designing databases for research projects, and running analytical reports and statistics. Previous healthcare experience required.
- Innovation in Data Analytics, help shape Singapore’s Smart Nation - May 12, 2016.
Read a first-hand perspective on Big Data playing field in Singapore, strong support for Machine Learning and Data Science research, excellent local conditions, and how all these contribute to a bigger aspiration this city state is striving towards.
- The Mirage of a Citizen Data Scientist - Mar 1, 2016.
The term "citizen data scientist" has been irritating me recently. I explain why I think it both a bad term and a bad idea, and what we need instead.
- Which Database is best for an Analyst? - Dec 10, 2015.
Database comparisons usually look at architecture, cost, scalability, and speed, but rarely address the other key factor: how hard is writing queries for these databases? We examine which of the top 8 databases are easiest to use.
Pages: 1 2
- The different data science roles in the industry - Nov 17, 2015.
Data science roles and responsibilities are diverse and skills required for them vary considerably. Here, we have described the different data science roles along with the skill set, technical knowledge and mindset required to carry it.
- inVenture: Data Analyst - Nov 11, 2015.
Inventure is building the future of credit in emerging markets. We have helped tens of thousands of people access instant loans for growing their businesses, and will reach millions more in the next few years.
- UPS: Data Analyst - Sep 30, 2015.
Responsible for analyzing existing data and analytics approaches, as well as creating/enhancing data and statistical models to support corporate security initiatives.
- Blast Analytics & Marketing: Technical Business Analyst - Sep 25, 2015.
Work with Marketing Directors and execs to help them define goals, understand levers, and get meaningful insights from their data; provide accurate analysis of clickstream digital analytics and other data.
- City of Hartford: Statistician/Data Analyst - Sep 3, 2015.
Do analytical/operational research, data mining, and operational modeling for Management, Budget and Grants Dept. Apply by Sep 28.
- Kohls: Big Data Customer Insights Analyst - Sep 1, 2015.
Structure, process, and analyze high volume, high velocity, or other resource intensive data to support insight to influence marketing business decisions.
- Catasys: Senior Data Analyst, Healthcare Services - Aug 19, 2015.
As key member of Infrastructure and Analytics dept, help analyze and mine large databases, design studies, develop models and address corporate analytics needs.
- Nexon: Sr. Game Analyst - Aug 14, 2015.
Work closely with various internal teams to help drive innovation in our games through analytics, insights and data-driven decisions.
- Columbia U.: Data and Research Analyst - Jul 31, 2015.
Work closely with the Director to develop, manage, and maintain various data-driven processes and applications, including reporting and analysis, data integrity and security to support Columbia College and its units.
- U. of California San Diego: Data Analytics Analyst (77011) - Jul 20, 2015.
Provide reliable and timely high-level qualitative and quantitative data and trend analysis that supports the strategic planning and operational effectiveness of key Vice Chancellor for Research programs.
- Autodesk: Senior Data Analyst - Jun 17, 2015.
Help expand our BIM 360 business exponentially by using your wicket-smart analysis skills to help us innovate new usage-based packaging and pricing models for Autodesk fastest growing product segment.
- Arrowstreet Capital: Research Associate/Data Analyst - Mar 31, 2015.
Support our research team investment ideas, help code ideas into signals, test, and producing return and risk forecasts to drive trading decisions.
- Alliant: SAS Programmer/Data Analyst, Direct Marketing/Credit - Mar 10, 2015.
Support our Analytics team with responsibility for data manipulation, model scoring and report generation.
- VEIC: Energy Data Analysts - Mar 10, 2015.
Work closely with clients to develop and maintain analytical tools that derive useful information from data sources like Smart Meter, sub-meter data, etc. in support of efficiency projects. Apply by Mar 23.
- Cardinal Financial: Data Science Analyst - Feb 26, 2015.
Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining and visualization to see beyond the numbers, develop a deep understanding of the business, translate data into actionable insights.
- Megaputer: Data Analysis Consultant - Feb 20, 2015.
Create data analysis and reporting solutions for Megaputer customers with the help of PolyAnalyst(tm) platform: experimental, proof-of-concept, implementation, and production projects. Develop successful long-term relationships with customers.
- KDnuggets Annual Poll: Analytics/Data Science/Data Mining income/salary, role, and employment - Feb 11, 2015.
Please vote in KDnuggets annual poll on analytics / data science / data mining field income/salary vs analytic role and employment. We will analyze and publish the results.
- Analyzing Analysts to Build Better Analysis Software - Feb 10, 2015.
Our study how analysts used Mode led to major updates designed to fit how data analysts and business analysts actually use data - there's no one-size-fits-all tool and analysis doesn't end with the analyst.
- Elliot Health System: (Senior) Data Analyst - Jan 17, 2015.
Support clinical analytics, including quality, service, cost, and satisfaction-related measure development, process improvement methods, internal and external program reporting requirements, project planning, and program evaluation.
- Real Time Data Solutions: Data Analyst - Nov 22, 2014.
Work with engineers, product managers and web designers to deliver real time data mining solutions and help improving the quality of our products.
- Megaputer Intelligence: Data Analysis Consultant - Nov 15, 2014.
Create data analysis and reporting solutions for Megaputer customers with the help of PolyAnalyst platform: experimental, proof-of-concept, implementation, and production projects. Develop successful long-term relationships with customers.
- Apple: Data Analyst - Oct 20, 2014.
The Maps team is looking for self-motivated team players who are fascinated by data, are curious about patterns and anomalies, and want to derive insights from data to improve our products.
- Bosch Research and Technology Center: Multiple Data Scientist, Data Mining Engineer positions - Sep 3, 2014.
Join the Data Science team at Bosch RTC to research and develop novel, large scale machine learning and data mining algorithms, for Predictive Maintenance, Health Informatics, Vehicle Diagnostics, Manufacturing, and other applications.
- Philadelphia VIP: Data Analyst - Aug 5, 2014.
Philadelphia VIP, the hub of pro bono legal services in Philadelphia, seeks an accountable, goal oriented, team player to leverage cutting edge information systems for data capture, reporting, analysis, visualization, and presentation.
- Starcom (SMG Performance Marketing): Analyst, Advanced Analytics - Jul 16, 2014.
Be a major contributor of the design, development and on-going maintenance of all advanced analytics and tool building for clients across all media types, working towards the development of a data-driven analysis approach.
- Top stories for Jun 29 – Jul 5 - Jul 6, 2014.
Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist?; Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst" ?; When Watson Meets Machine Learning; 100 Big Data Companies Analyzed.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 1: Is “Data Scientist” more than “Data Analyst”? Good list of 41 Big Data Influencers - Jul 2, 2014.
Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"? ; 41 Big Data Influencers - Journalists, Public Sector, Industry, Academia; Alteryx and Databricks to lead development of Apache SparkR ; Top data mining researcher @Jure Leskovec lecture on Webgraph structure.
- Is “Data Scientist” more than “Data Analyst” ? - Jul 1, 2014.
Data Scientists and Data Analysts have a number of skills unique to their positions, with analysts focusing more on creating business value and data scientists including simulation and optimization in their jobs.
- BlueJeans: Senior Data Analyst – Business Insights - Jul 1, 2014.
Do you like to think out of the box? Do you have a passion for analytically-based business decisions? If so, then consider a career move to Blue Jeans in Mountain View.