- Domino named a Visionary in Gartner Magic Quadrant for completeness of vision and ability to execute - Mar 10, 2020.
From a product perspective, we believe three aspects of the Domino platform, in particular, are foundational to earning this illustrious moniker: openness, collaboration, and reproducibility.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n08, Feb 26: Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science & Machine Learning Platforms; Will AutoML Replace Data Scientists? - Feb 26, 2020.
This week in KDnuggets: The Death of Data Scientists - will AutoML replace them?; Leaders, Changes, and Trends in Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms; Hand labeling is the past. The future is #NoLabel AI; The Forgotten Algorithm; Getting Started with R Programming; and much, much more.
- Leaders, Changes, and Trends in Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms - Feb 24, 2020.
The Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms has the largest number of leaders ever. We examine the leaders and changes and trends vs previous years.
- What is missing when AI makes a decision? - Apr 5, 2019.
We explain the need for caution when it comes to using AI in real-life situations and outline the importance of asking the right question to deliver the right impact.
- How to Cope with the Rise of the Citizen Data Scientist - Feb 19, 2019.
Gartner predicts that citizen data scientists will surpass data scientists in the amount of advanced analytics produced. Does that mean that Enterprise AI and augmented analytics render the job of a data scientist obsolete? Download this white paper to found out more.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n07, Feb 13: The Best and Worst Data Visualizations of 2018; Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms - Feb 13, 2019.
Also: Data-science? Agile? Cycles?; How I used NLP (Spacy) to screen Data Science Resumes; Neural Networks - an Intuition; A Quick Guide to Feature Engineering; Understanding Gradient Boosting Machines
- Gainers, Losers, and Trends in Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms - Feb 11, 2019.
We compare Gartner 2019 MQ for Data Science, Machine Learning Platforms to its previous versions and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including RapidMiner, KNIME, TIBCO, Alteryx, Dataiku, SAS, and MathWorks.
- Get the latest analyst research on data science platforms - Jan 30, 2019.
Access a complimentary copy of the Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine-Learning Platforms to discover the latest trends and see why Dataiku was named a "Challenger" in the industry.
- Find the Right Accelerator for Your Deep Learning Needs - May 17, 2018.
Download the report Find the Right Accelerator for your Deep Learning Needs to learn how I&O leaders must deliver effective machine learning infrastructures that effectively balance performance, cost, and functionality while minimizing complexity.
- Leverage the Power of Data-Literacy - Apr 19, 2018.
Optimizing your business for AI success is the only way to leverage its growing power; data-literacy represents the foundation of that optimization.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n09, Feb 28: Gartner 2018 MQ for Data Science/ML – Gainers and Losers; Comparative Analysis of Top 6 BI/Data Viz Tools - Feb 28, 2018.
A Comparative Analysis of Top 6 BI and Data Visualization Tools; A Tour of The Top 10 Algorithms for Machine Learning Newbies; A Guide to Hiring Data Scientists.
- Gainers and Losers in Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms - Feb 27, 2018.
We compare Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Science, Machine Learning Platforms vs its 2017 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME, Alteryx, H2O.ai, and Domino.
- Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning – Read the report - Feb 23, 2018.
Read Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms, courtesy of Domino, and learn which data science platform is right for your organization and why Domino was named a Visionary.
- How to build a Successful Advanced Analytics Department - Jan 4, 2018.
This article presents our opinions and suggestions on how an Advanced Analytics department should operate. We hope this will be useful for those who want to implement analytics work in their company, as well as for existing departments.
Pages: 1 2
- More than the Hype: Beyond Gartner’s Hype Cycle - Nov 3, 2017.
Gartner publishes hype cycles across different technologies and sectors. Here we conduct detailed analysis of Gartner’s Hype Cycles.
- Closing the Insights-to-Action Gap - Sep 5, 2017.
There are many types of analytics for getting insight out of data, but the bigger and more difficult challenge is turning that insight into action. What should we do differently based on your findings?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 16-22: Getting Started with #DeepLearning - Aug 23, 2017.
Also: No surprise, Gartner ranks #AI as the top technology to watch in coming years; TOP 100 @medium articles on #AI / #MachineLearning / #DeepLearning.
- Data science platforms are on the rise and IBM is leading the way - May 25, 2017.
Download the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms today to learn why IBM is named a leader in data science and to find out why data science, analytics, and machine learning are the engines of the future.
- Machine Learning overtaking Big Data? - May 4, 2017.
Is Machine Learning is overtaking Big Data?! We also examine trends for several more related and popular buzzwords, and see how BD, ML. Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and Deep Learning rank.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n15, Apr 19: Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science/Analytics Platforms; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook - Apr 19, 2017.
Also Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people; New Online Data Science Tracks for 2017; Cartoon: Why AI needs help with taxes.
- Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science Platforms and Machine Learning Solutions - Apr 14, 2017.
Who leads in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Predictive Analytics? We compare the latest Forrester and Gartner reports for this industry for 2017 Q1, identify gainers and losers, and strong leaders vs contenders.
- Gartner Data Science Platforms – A Deeper Look - Mar 3, 2017.
Thomas Dinsmore critical examination of Gartner 2017 MQ of Data Science Platforms, including vendors who out, in, have big changes, Hadoop and Spark integration, open source software, and what Data Scientists actually use.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n08, Mar 1: Deep Learning Frameworks Dissected; Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms - Mar 1, 2017.
The Anatomy of Deep Learning Frameworks; Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers; Data Science vs Fake News Contest; An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks; Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know
- Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 23, 2017.
We compare Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms vs its 2016 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME, MathWorks, Microsoft, and Quest.
- So What is Big Data? - Feb 9, 2017.
We examine what experts say about Big Data – is it like teenage sex? Is it more than just a large and complex collection of data? And how many Vs are there?
- Advantages and Risks of Self-Service Analytics - Apr 13, 2016.
Self-service analytics is likely to spread in all the business layers, and with proper care to avoid certain risks, the culture of self-service analytics will help all organizations.
- “Citizen Data Scientist” Revolution - Mar 24, 2016.
The naysayers are on the wrong side of "citizen" Data Scientist debate. Business users already have self-service BI capabilities and make decisions whether they are statistically sound or not. We can’t stop them from making decisions but should make statistically sound decisions easier. This new approach is called Smart Data Discovery.
- The Mirage of a Citizen Data Scientist - Mar 1, 2016.
The term "citizen data scientist" has been irritating me recently. I explain why I think it both a bad term and a bad idea, and what we need instead.
- The Force Awakens In Data – Industry Leaders Comment - Feb 29, 2016.
While Rey, saw her force come to life in less then 30min, the data industry has been waiting for ‘that’ to happen, for half a decade. However, finally, business-focused analytics and data discovery are on the rise.
Pages: 1 2
- RapidMiner a Leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 18, 2016.
RapidMiner is thrilled to be recognized as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms for the third consecutive year. Download the Gartner report.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n06, Feb 17: 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Q&A; Top Influencers and Brands - Feb 17, 2016.
21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; Big Data 2016: Top Influencers and Brands; Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: : gainers and losers; Scikit Flow: Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and ...
- Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 16, 2016.
We compare Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant Advanced Analytics Platforms vs its 2015 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, KNIME, Dell, Angoss, and Microsoft.
- 10 Business Intelligence Trends for 2016 - Dec 19, 2015.
BI analysts, industry players predict the rise of self-service, Big Data analytics, real-time data in the coming year.
Pages: 1 2
- Predictive Analytics + Hadoop = Business Impact, Dec 15 Webinar - Dec 4, 2015.
Learn how to use Predictive Analytics and Hadoop to Turn the Promise of Big Data into Business Impact in this webinar with RapidMiner Founder and CTO Ingo Mierswa and leading Gartner Analyst Merv Adrian.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n29, Sep 2: How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Big Data Out, Machine Learning In - Sep 2, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is In; KDnuggets part-time internship in Data Science, Data Journalism; The one language a Data Scientist must master.
- Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in - Aug 28, 2015.
Which are the most hyped technologies today? Check out Gartner's latest 2015 Hype Cycle Report. Autonomous cars & IoT stay at the peak while big data is losing its prominence. Smart Dust is a new cool technology for the next decade!
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 11 and beyond - Aug 10, 2015.
How Scale-Out and In-Memory Solve ETL, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Harnessing the Hadoop Ecosystem, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 26 – Mar 1: Bayes Theorem explained with Lego; 10 Cool #BigData Cartoons - Mar 2, 2015.
Cute and Educational: Bayes Theorem explained with Lego; 10 Cool #BigData Cartoons #TGIF; #DataMining Indian Recipes finds spices make negative food pairing more powerful; Key Take-Aways from Gartner 2015 MQ for #BI & Analytics Platforms.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n06, Feb 25: My brief guide to Big Data; Data Scientist 3 wishes; Active Data Mining Blogs - Feb 25, 2015.
My Brief Guide to Big Data; Cartoon: Data Scientist gets 3 wishes for Valentine Day; Active Data Mining, Data Science blogs; Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics - gainers and losers.
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: who gained and who lost - Feb 23, 2015.
SAS, IBM, KNIME, and RapidMiner lead in Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms. We analyze who gained and who lost versus last year.
- Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit, Las Vegas, Mar 30 – Apr 1 - Feb 3, 2015.
Learn how to remaster your skills to deliver the analytic advantage your organization needs in the digital age in order to succeed, get new best practices and leading-edge strategies. KDnuggets discount.
- CIOs name BI and analytics No. 1 investment priority for 2015 - Jan 27, 2015.
Join us at Gartner BI and Analytics Summit 2015, Mar 30 - Apr 1, in Las Vegas, and learn the business impact of advanced analytics and big data to make the right investments for success in the digital age.
- 2014 in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in August - Jan 1, 2015.
Worst Venn Diagram ever? ThomsonReuters needs a new graphic designer; The World Bank sums up the entire global economy in one chart; #BigData moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner 2014 Hype Cycle; xkcd: Boyfriend as a statistically "significant" other.
- Big Data on the Internet of Things - Oct 14, 2014.
ParStream unveils the first analytics platform purpose-built for the speed and scale of the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 18-19: Big Data moves to “Trough of Disillusionment” in Gartner Hype Cycle - Aug 20, 2014.
Big Data moves to "Trough of Disillusionment" in Gartner Hype Cycle; Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining; Statistics.com Online Courses and Certificate Programs in Data Science; Exploring Hotel Review Data from Trip Advisor with R.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Toronto: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 6, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data leaders from TD Bank, Public Health Ontario and First Nations Education Steering Committee on day 1 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Toronto, Canada.
- Zementis – Cool Vendor in Data Science, 2014 - May 22, 2014.
Zementis, named by Gartner a Cool Vendor in Data Science, provides a scalable, standards-based platform to rapidly deploy and execute predictive models.
- 3 Key Trends in the DBMS Market - May 3, 2014.
The top 3 trends in DBMS include market consolidation, moving beyond OLTP, and distributed computing - we examine them in detail.
- Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms – view report - Mar 25, 2014.
Pioneering predictive analytics vendor RapidMiner was positioned in the Leaders quadrant of the first "Gartner Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms" - view the full report.
- KDnuggets 14:n05, Exclusive: Yann LeCun interview; New Salary Poll; Gartner Analytics MQ - Mar 5, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (10) | News (6) | Software (5) | Webcasts (1) | Courses (6) | Meetings (5) | Jobs (7) | Academic (1) | Publications (5) | Top Tweets (5) | CFP (18) .
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- KNIME a 2014 Leader in Advanced Analytic Platform: Gartner Magic Quadrant - Feb 25, 2014.
KNIME announced that Gartner has placed KNIME among the "Leaders" in its Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytic Platforms in recognition of KNIME ability to execute and its completeness of vision.
- SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 24, 2014.
Gartner new Magic Quadrant(tm) for Advanced Analytics Platforms names 4 companies as leaders: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, and Knime. A copy of the report, with evaluations for 15 more companies, is available thanks to RapidMiner.