- Florida Hacks with IBM - Aug 25, 2021.
Join the Florida Hacks with IBM virtual hackathon and create a project to tackle sustainability challenges. IBM will provide mentorship and data sets to help bring your ideas to life.
- Amazon Web Services Webinar: Accelerating clinical trial and biomedical development processes with healthcare data - Aug 18, 2021.
Join this webinar on August 27 to learn how to leverage external healthcare datasets to make faster decisions with greater accuracy – accelerating biomedical development and improving patient welfare.
- Top 10 Data Science Courses to Take in 2021 - Apr 20, 2021.
Whether you are getting started with Data Science / Machine Learning or are an experienced professional looking to learn something new, check out these top 10 data science courses for 2021.
- 6 Data Science Certificates To Level Up Your Career - Feb 18, 2021.
Anyone looking to obtain a data science certificate to prove their ability in the field will find a range of options exist. We review several valuable certificates to consider that will definitely pump up your resume and portfolio to get you closer to your dream job.
- IBM Uses Continual Learning to Avoid The Amnesia Problem in Neural Networks - Feb 15, 2021.
Using continual learning might avoid the famous catastrophic forgetting problem in neural networks.
- How to use AI & analytics now to prepare for resiliency in 2021 - Nov 11, 2020.
Emerge with Resiliency 2020 is a no-cost virtual event presented by the IBM Planning Analytics and Cognos Community taking place on Nov 18. This one-day event includes 8 expert sessions, during which you’ll learn how IBM solutions can help enhance business continuity, reduce risk from emerging threats, and help you prepare for and manage disruption.
- Innovating versus Doing: NLP and CORD19 - Jun 30, 2020.
How I learned to trust the process and find value in the road most traveled.
- Leaders, Changes, and Trends in Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms - Feb 24, 2020.
The Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms has the largest number of leaders ever. We examine the leaders and changes and trends vs previous years.
- Three Methods of Data Pre-Processing for Text Classification - Nov 21, 2019.
This blog shows how text data representations can be used to build a classifier to predict a developer’s deep learning framework of choice based on the code that they wrote, via examples of TensorFlow and PyTorch projects.
- Earn an IBM Data Science Certificate - Mar 25, 2019.
IBM’s Data Science Professional Certificate program on Coursera brings you everything you need to plunge into an exciting career in data science—no prior experience required! Start learning today.
- Gainers, Losers, and Trends in Gartner 2019 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms - Feb 11, 2019.
We compare Gartner 2019 MQ for Data Science, Machine Learning Platforms to its previous versions and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including RapidMiner, KNIME, TIBCO, Alteryx, Dataiku, SAS, and MathWorks.
- Crunch Data Engineering and Analytics Conference, 29-31 October, Budapest - Sep 21, 2018.
The biggest (and anecdotally best) data engineering and analytics conference in the CEE region, is back! Practical Data Engineering and Data Analytics talks will take over Budapest, 29-31 October. Best part: discounted 3-in-1 tickets for Crunch, Amuse and Impact.
- Doing Real-Time Data Analysis With Db2 Event Store - Apr 26, 2018.
IBM unveiled the updated Db2 Event Store platform and various features at its Think 2018 conference, tailored for those in the data industry, including data scientists, and application developers.
- Gainers and Losers in Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms - Feb 27, 2018.
We compare Gartner 2018 Magic Quadrant for Data Science, Machine Learning Platforms vs its 2017 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME, Alteryx, H2O.ai, and Domino.
- Challenge Yourself to Think, Mar 19-22, Las Vegas - Feb 5, 2018.
Think 2018 is for those who seek inspiration and education, reinvention and innovation, want to connect with experts and seek progress. It is for understanding what is going on in the world around AI, Cloud, Data, Security, and Systems and discovering what’s possible. Use code TK18CAC to save.
- Industry Predictions: Main AI, Big Data, Data Science Developments in 2017 and Trends for 2018 - Dec 19, 2017.
Here is a treasure trove of analysis and predictions from 17 leading companies in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning: What happened in 2017 and what will 2018 bring?
- Visualizing High Dimensional Data In Augmented Reality - Sep 25, 2017.
When Data Scientists first get a data set, they oftne use a matrix of 2D scatter plots to quickly see the contents and relationships between pairs of attributes. But for data with lots of attributes, such analysis does not scale.
- Using Apache SystemML(tm) with Hortonworks Data Platform - Sep 18, 2017.
Learn how to add Apache SystemML to an existing Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.6.1 cluster for Apache Spark. Users interested in Python, Scala, Spark, or Zeppelin can run Apache SystemML as described here.
- Data Science Study of “Unite The Right” and social media - Sep 14, 2017.
In response to the violence in Charlottesville, the Data Science Institute at the U. of Virginia is undertaking a unique project to help understand the ways people use social media to physically, and politically engage in the world around them.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Use Cases: Part 2 - Sep 11, 2017.
This post is the second in a series whose aim is to shake up our intuitions about what machine learning is making possible in specific sectors — to look beyond the set of use cases that always come to mind.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Use Cases: Part 1 - Aug 31, 2017.
This post is the first in a series whose aim is to shake up our intuitions about what machine learning is making possible in specific sectors — to look beyond the set of use cases that always come to mind.
- How to Turn your Data Science Projects into a Success - Jul 14, 2017.
This interview with Dr. Olav Laudy, Chief Data Scientist for IBM Analytics, is a summary of a recent conference where he participated in a panel on the Big Data and Analytics
- Generali, The Co-operators, La Mutuelle Generale and IBM on using AI to lower operational costs – Exclusive webinar - Jul 6, 2017.
Learn how insurers can use AI and Machine Learning to improve operational efficiencies, lower costs and improve productivity in this webinar on July 20.
- For data scientists, now is the time to act; Forrester has insights to help you get started - Jun 27, 2017.
IBM, a leader in 2017 Forrester Wave Report for Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions, offers data scientists a complete toolkit, including predictive analytics and machine learning capabilities and more.
- Predictive analytics sparks sizable bottom-line benefits - Jun 20, 2017.
Learn more about how the power of IBM SPSS predictive analytics can help you transform your business while boosting your bottom line.
- A Practical Guide to Machine Learning: Understand, Differentiate, and Apply - Jun 9, 2017.
So, if Machine Learning was first defined in 1959, why is this now the time to seize the opportunity? It’s the economics.
- Stay ahead of cyberattacks and fraud with predictive analytics - Jun 6, 2017.
Even as cyber criminals and swindlers step up their game, companies can use predictive analytics to stay ahead. Discover the full scope of IBM SPSS predictive analytics capabilities.
- Data preprocessing for deep learning with nuts-ml - May 30, 2017.
Nuts-ml is a new data pre-processing library in Python for GPU-based deep learning in vision. It provides common pre-processing functions as independent, reusable units. These so called ‘nuts’ can be freely arranged to build data flows that are efficient, easy to read and modify.
- Data science platforms are on the rise and IBM is leading the way - May 25, 2017.
Download the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms today to learn why IBM is named a leader in data science and to find out why data science, analytics, and machine learning are the engines of the future.
- The Quant Crunch: The demand for data science skills - May 10, 2017.
This report, created by analyzing millions of job postings using advanced technology, divides Data Science and Analytics roles into 6 broad categories, and answers many questions, including cities, industries, job roles with most growth.
- Forrester vs Gartner on Data Science Platforms and Machine Learning Solutions - Apr 14, 2017.
Who leads in Data Science, Machine Learning, and Predictive Analytics? We compare the latest Forrester and Gartner reports for this industry for 2017 Q1, identify gainers and losers, and strong leaders vs contenders.
- IBM Chief Data Officer Strategy Summit, March 29-30, San Francisco – free VIP passes - Mar 24, 2017.
Join over 150 Chief Data Officers, Chief Analytics Officers and other senior data leaders in San Francisco. A few VIP complimentary places are still available.
- Homebrewed Deep Learning and Do-It-Yourself Robotics - Mar 14, 2017.
Learn how to experiment with embodied robotic cognition with IBM Project Intu, a platform that extends Deep Learning and other cognitive services to new devices with minimum coding.
- Free Online Books Explaining Big Data, Machine Learning, Blockchain and More - Mar 10, 2017.
It has been a challenge to keep up-to-date with new concepts from NoSQL, to machine learning, to Internet of things and blockchain, but Little Bee Books is here with free solutions to helping you do so.
- Gartner Data Science Platforms – A Deeper Look - Mar 3, 2017.
Thomas Dinsmore critical examination of Gartner 2017 MQ of Data Science Platforms, including vendors who out, in, have big changes, Hadoop and Spark integration, open source software, and what Data Scientists actually use.
- Cooperative Trust Among Neural Networks Drives Deeper Learning - Feb 28, 2017.
Machine learning developers need to model a growing range of multi-partner scenarios where many learning agents and data sources interact under varying degrees of trustworthiness. This IBM site helps to take next step towards continuous intelligence.
- Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 23, 2017.
We compare Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms vs its 2016 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers, including IBM, SAS, RapidMiner, KNIME, MathWorks, Microsoft, and Quest.
- So What is Big Data? - Feb 9, 2017.
We examine what experts say about Big Data – is it like teenage sex? Is it more than just a large and complex collection of data? And how many Vs are there?
- An ode to the analytics grease monkeys - Feb 2, 2017.
Analytics is not one time job. It needs to be automated, deployed and improved for future business analytics requirements. Here an IBM expert discusses about development & deployment of analytics assets and capabilities of it.
- Predictions for Deep Learning in 2017 - Dec 19, 2016.
The first hugely successful consumer application of deep learning will come to market, a dominant open-source deep-learning tool and library will take the developer community by storm, and more Deep Learning predictions.
- Kobielus Predictions for Data Science in 2017 - Dec 5, 2016.
IBM Data Evangelist James Kobielus predictions for 2017, including key role of data scientists in survival of their companies. Join industry experts for a live #MakeDataSimple Crowdchat on Thursday December 8 at 1:00pm EST.
- The Experience of Being a High-Performing Data Scientist - Nov 21, 2016.
Now in open beta, IBM Data Science Experience (DSX) delivers Machine Learning, Collaboration, and Creative capabilities in an open and integrated environment for team data science, including many productivity features for next-generation data science,
- Ten Take-Aways from IBM World of Watson - Nov 14, 2016.
“Enterprise applications, Cloud, Cognitive computing and IBM Watson”, Yes, you guessed it right. This article talks about highlights of 2016 World of Watson conference organised at Las Vegas,NV.
- Cognitive and Data Sciences Education Workshop, Las Vegas, Oct 23 - Sep 27, 2016.
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic and research programs to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
- Driving Data Science Productivity Without Compromising Quality - Sep 14, 2016.
How will data science teams maintain quality standards in the face of advancing automation? Attend the IBM DataFirst Launch Event on Sep 27 in NYC and learn how to drive greater productivity from your data science teams without compromising the quality of the mission-critical business assets they produce.
- Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Science, Oct 23 - Sep 12, 2016.
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic programs and research to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
- Doing the Data Science That Drives Predictive Personalization - Sep 9, 2016.
Agile collaboration within data science teams is essential to the vision of customer analytics and personalization. Attend IBM DataFirst Launch Event on Sep 27 in New York City to engage with open-source community leaders and practitioners.
- The Acceleration of Data Science Excellence - Sep 6, 2016.
If you’re a working data scientist, data engineering, or data application developer, attend IBM DataFirst Launch Event on Sep 27 in New York City. Engage with open-source community leaders and practitioners and learn how to accelerate your processes for putting data to work.
- The Evolution of IoT Edge Analytics: Strategies of Leading Players - Sep 2, 2016.
This article explores the significance and evolution of IoT edge analytics. Since the author believes that hardware capabilities will converge for large vendors, IoT analytics will be the key differentiator.
- KDnuggets Interview: Inderpal Bhandari, IBM Global Chief Data Officer on 4 key ideas of Cognitive Computing - Jul 17, 2016.
In this wide-ranging interview, we discuss the role of IBM global chief data officer, 4 key ideas of cognitive computing, risks of AI, IBM Data Science Experience, healthcare, basketball, sports analytics, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in June 2016 - Jul 5, 2016.
Positions at Center for Data Science and Public Policy at U. Chicago; Business Analytics Lecturer at U. Iowa; IBM Social Good Fellow; Data quality postdoc at McMaster U; Asst. Prof. of Marketing at Yale, and more.
- IBM: Data Engineers/Data Scientists - Jun 9, 2016.
IBM is seeking Data Engineers/Data Scientists to combine cognitive computing/Watson technology with traditional data science/engineering and apply it at scale to transform enterprise business processes including: Operations, Marketing, Communications, Finance/Accounting, Supply chain, and Human Resources.
- IBM: Open Source Data Scientist - Jun 8, 2016.
IBM seeks an Open Source Data Scientist to assist the sales team with solution sales activities to address a client’s specific challenges implementing Big Data solutions; must be entrepreneurial and self-driven.
- Open Data Science in Collaborative Workflows – IBM June 6 event - Jun 3, 2016.
On June 6, IBM will share important announcements for making R, Spark, and open data science a sustainable business reality at the Apache Spark Maker Community Event in San Francisco, Attend in person or watch live.
- Jupyter+Spark+Mesos: An “Opinionated” Docker Image - May 31, 2016.
Check "opinionated" Docker-based stacks for Jupyter, including one to combine Jupyter and Spark right out of the gate.
- IBM: Big Data Architect - May 27, 2016.
Seeking qualified candidates that will assist with shaping the design and implementation of Big Data projects as part of multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- IBM: Big Data Engineer - May 27, 2016.
Seeking Big Data Engineers with technical experience in optimizing of management and deriving insights from large, non-structured, non-relational data.
- Boosting Productivity of the Next-Generation Data Scientist: IBM June 6 event - May 20, 2016.
On June 6, IBM will share important announcements for making R, Spark, and open data science a sustainable business reality at the Apache Spark Maker Community Event in San Francisco, Attend in person or watch live.
- IBM Singapore: Advisory Data Scientist - May 17, 2016.
Whether you`re fresh out of college, or an experienced professional, IBM is the place to be. The Advisory Data Scientist will be responsible for Identifying, gathering, and analyzing complex, mufti-dimensional data-sets utilizing a variety of methods.
- Innovation in Data Analytics, help shape Singapore’s Smart Nation - May 12, 2016.
Read a first-hand perspective on Big Data playing field in Singapore, strong support for Machine Learning and Data Science research, excellent local conditions, and how all these contribute to a bigger aspiration this city state is striving towards.
- Data Science Tools – Are Proprietary Vendors Still Relevant? - Mar 25, 2016.
We examine and quantify the dramatic impact of open source tools like R and Python on SAS, IBM, Microsoft, and other proprietary Data Science vendors. We also investigate how open source tools were faring against each other, which are growing, which are falling, and look R versus Python debate.
Pages: 1 2
- Embedding Open Cognitive Analytics at the IoT’s Edge - Feb 19, 2016.
Cognitive computing is penetrating more aspects of the IoT as algorithms enable edge devices and applications. Understand how unstructured data captured by IoT edge devices with the help of cognitive algorithms distilled into actionable insights.
- How IBM Watson is Taking on The World - Feb 18, 2016.
We have made tremendous progress in the field of data analysis and on the other, our technology is getting smart. IBM has taken a solid stride in the direction of Artificial Intelligence by unveiling its supercomputer IBM Watson, learn what it can do, its adopters and what it holds for the future.
- Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 16, 2016.
We compare Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant Advanced Analytics Platforms vs its 2015 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, KNIME, Dell, Angoss, and Microsoft.
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in January 2016 - Jan 30, 2016.
Academic/Research positions Analytics and Data Science at INRIA, U. Texas, U. Mannheim, Eindhoven U. of Technology, IBM Social Good Fellowship, Yale, Xavier, U. Western Switzerland, U. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallee, and U. Tampere.
- Data Analytics Boosting Digital Engagement at Australian Open 2016 - Jan 25, 2016.
Advanced analytics and visualization is enhancing fan experience and operational excellence at Australian Open 2016
- New KDnuggets Podcasts Page - Jan 14, 2016.
Check out KDnuggets' new podcasts page, and let us know what we're missing.
- A Community Event for Innovative Spark Apps: A Datapalooza Dispatch - Nov 12, 2015.
Datapalooza, which is holding its inaugural event this week in San Francisco, is proving to be a seedbed for innovation apps in the Spark community. James Kobielus describes the highlights.
- Datapalooza: Produce Your Data Application Development Concert, Nov 10-12, San Francisco - Nov 3, 2015.
Datapalooza will enable you to take your data-science skills to the next level. You’ll gain hands-on experience, enjoy one-on-one coaching, and learn how to build a practical data-science product in just three days - Nov 10-12 in San Francisco.
- Unlock the Power of Spark with IBM Watson and Twitter - Oct 22, 2015.
Spark is everywhere, including in IBM's cloud infrastructure. Read up on using Spark for Twitter analysis, and how it fits in with Watson and BlueMix.
- Spark + SETI: Amping up Spark SQL with Parquets - Oct 21, 2015.
Spark SQL is a great component for data scientists as it simplifies the querying large distributed datasets. Learn how to integrate it with Parquets, which we have found to significantly improve the performance of sparse-column queries.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 29 and beyond - Sep 28, 2015.
Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Sep 29 and beyond, The Future of Data Warehousing, Secrets of Successful Analytics Leaders, and more.
- Zementis: Customer Analytics and Risk Management Webinar, Sep 29 - Sep 21, 2015.
IBM integrated Zementis predictive analytics software directly into IBM zEnterprise computing environment. Learn how this allows organizations to increase business agility, improve data governance and security, and reduce infrastructure cost and complexity.
- Spark Summit 2015 San Francisco – Day 1 Keynote Highlights - Jun 17, 2015.
Highlights from keynote speeches delivered by various eminent big data technology leaders from industry and academia at Spark Summit 2015 Conference held in San Francisco.
- IBM Research: Research Scientist – Data Mining / Learning - Jun 16, 2015.
Hiring researchers in data analytics, visual analytics, predictive modeling, data mining and machine learning, especially with extensive experience in designing innovative solutions, and/or with a solid knowledge Big Data systems and software.
- Interview: Beth Smith, General Manager of the IBM Analytics Platform business, on Analytics, Hadoop, Spark - Jun 12, 2015.
We discuss coming Analytics surprises, what has changed, Open Source, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Open Data Platform, new analytics roles, IBM resources for analytics educations, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Most Viewed Big Data Videos on YouTube - May 9, 2015.
The top Big Data YouTube videos by those like Hortonworks and Kirk D. Borne cover diverse topics including Hadoop, Big Data Trends, Deep Learning, and Big Data Leadership.
- Watson Developer Cloud-Visual Recognition - Apr 3, 2015.
IBM Bluemix is a cloud platform which offers both Platform as a Service and Mobile Backend as a Service. Its services include Speech to Text, Text to Speech, Visual Recognition, Concept Insights, and Tradeoff Analytics.
- Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics 2015: Gainers and Losers - Apr 3, 2015.
IBM, SAS, and SAP lead in Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions for Q2, 2015. We compare with a previous Forrester Wave for 2013 and examine gainers and losers.
Pages: 1 2
- Text Analytics 2015 – Technology and Market Overview - Mar 30, 2015.
A leading analyst and expert on text analytics gives an overview of the past year and looks ahead on text analytics technology and market developments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
- Top Big Data influencers of 2014, according to HadoopSphere - Mar 13, 2015.
Top big data influencers of 2014 include analysts Mike Gualtieri and Curt Monash, IBM and TDWI media, Spark and Scala products, Ben Lorica @bigdata and Gregory Piatetsky @kdnuggets on social media, Data Collective and AngelList co-founder.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 1 Highlights - Mar 2, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, San Jose.
- IBM Big Data & Analytics Heroes - Feb 26, 2015.
IBM's Big Data & Analytics Heroes include leaders in the field that propel the industry in order to promote thought leadership and progress in Big Data Analytics.
- Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: who gained and who lost - Feb 23, 2015.
SAS, IBM, KNIME, and RapidMiner lead in Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms. We analyze who gained and who lost versus last year.
- Top Big Data Influencers and Brands - Feb 2, 2015.
Top Big Data influencers and brands on Twitter, selected by Onalytica based on the Pagerank analysis of Twitter graph.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 21-22: Palantir vs AirBnB – data mining to crack down on AirBnB hosts; AI program can beat almost any human in poker - Jan 23, 2015.
Palantir #datamining used by NYC to crack down on AirBnB hosts; #BigData 2015 Top Brands: @IBMBigData @BigDataExpo @CIOonline @WorldBank @Cloud; #Google #Dataflow pipeline tool can now run on #Spark; Cepheus #AI program can beat almost any human in #poker, even bluffs.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Conflux of Cloud, IoT & Big Data - Dec 26, 2014.
We discuss the implications of Cloud Speed of technological advancement, significant trends in Internet of Things (IoT), future of cloud computing and more.
- Interview: Mac Devine, CTO, IBM Cloud on the Fast Approaching Perfect Storm - Dec 24, 2014.
We discuss why we should anticipate a technology perfect storm soon, Enterprise IT challenges, distinct capabilities of IBM BlueMix and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Big Data Opportunities and Challenges - Dec 14, 2014.
We discuss the value of Big Data for SMBs, how Cognitive will impact Big Data, IBM’s distinction from competition, significant trends and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Why Big Data needs Polyglots - Dec 13, 2014.
We discuss why not to focus on a single technology in Big Data, prevalent myths, what IBM & Twitter partnership means for the world, and current state of data governance.
- Top 10 Big Data Companies by Revenue - Dec 1, 2014.
IBM, HP, Dell, and SAP lead the list of Big Data companies with the most revenue from big data hardware, software, and IT services.
- IBM Watson Analytics – Will it Replace Data Scientists ? - Nov 11, 2014.
We review IBM Watson Analytics Beta version, the service which aims to provide an automated data scientist and intended for business users who want to move beyond spreadsheets for analysis .
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-4: A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records - Nov 5, 2014.
A population density map of France derived from 1B cellphone call records; IBM Insight 2014; A reminder from Lockheed Martin that #BigData can be a slow process; The key language a Data Scientist should master is not R or Python, but Business.
- Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge - Oct 20, 2014.
Use city data to develop great applications for social good and earn prizes in IBM's new Big Data for Social Good challenge, starting in November 10. More information on eligibility, terms, and prizes will be available at launch.
- DataLadder outperforms IBM and SAS in Record Linkage - Oct 16, 2014.
Data scientists from the Centre for Data Linkage at Curtin U. found that Connecticut-based firm Data Ladder has outperformed several major companies on record linkage.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
- IBM Watson’s Next Step: Partnership with Universities - Aug 15, 2014.
Students from ten top tech universities now have access to Watson. For students at New York University interested in Watson, Capstone Project Course would be their first choice.
- When Watson Meets Machine Learning - Jul 2, 2014.
Our report on a recent Cognitive Systems meetup co-sponsored by IBM Watson and NYU Center for Data Science, IBM Watson Ecosystem, and machine learning applications, from healthcare to cognitive toys. You will want Fang!
- IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss Lead in Advanced Analytics – Hurwitz Report - Jun 17, 2014.
The Hurwitz Victory Index for Advanced Analytics looks at major trends and ranks top vendors - including IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss, StatSoft, Revolution Analytics, RapidMiner, and Megaputer - across 4 key dimensions.
- OnlyBoth Startup is like IBM Watson in Reverse - May 24, 2014.
OnlyBoth startup from Vivisimo co-founder Raul Valdes-Perez is like IBM Watson in reverse - it discovers new insights in data and writes them in English.
- Has Predictive Analytics Crossed The Chasm? - May 15, 2014.
Recent study highlights the increasing market perception that Predictive Analytics leads to competitive advantage. The report also outlines current trends and challenges for Predictive Analytics.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 28 and beyond - Apr 28, 2014.
Stuck in Traffic, Beyond Excel, Evolving Your BI Strategy, BLU Acceleration with Cognos, SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking Featuring David Meintrup, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Big Data Vendor Analysis - Apr 10, 2014.
The Big Data market in hardware, software, and services reached $18.6 billion in 2013. We analyze the vendor data and identify 4 main clusters of Big Data companies.
- Interactive Big Data Timeline - Apr 8, 2014.
A very interesting interactive Big Data timeline takes you from the beginning of information overload in 1880s to Business Intelligence, World Wide Web, Hadoop, Cloud, and more.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Anjul Bhambhri, VP of Big Data Products at IBM - Mar 25, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Anjul Bhambhri, IBM’s Vice President of Big Data Products about Big Data Trends, developing the Big Data capabilities in-house vs. outsourcing, five crucial steps to adopting a success big data strategy and advice for beginners.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-20: Bitcoin 101 – everything you need to know; Top IPython Notebooks at #strataconf - Mar 21, 2014.
Bitcoin 101 - covers everything you need to know, how it is traded, history, and future; Top 7 IPython Notebooks used for presentations at #strataconf; Online (streaming) Learning with Microsoft AdPredictor algorithm; IBM creates fraud & financial crimes prevention unit, leveraging #BigData Analytics.
- IBM Big Data & Analytics Heroes: Gregory Piatetsky - Mar 11, 2014.
Meet IBM Big Data and Analytics Hero for this week: Gregory Piatetsky.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Highlights - Mar 11, 2014.
Highlights from Sentiment Analysis Symposium held recently in New York: Affective Computing: sentiment from facial expressions, need to market to a “tribe” of people, social media speed of appearance, IBM notion of an Engaged Employee, and more.
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms - Feb 24, 2014.
Gartner new Magic Quadrant(tm) for Advanced Analytics Platforms names 4 companies as leaders: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, and Knime. A copy of the report, with evaluations for 15 more companies, is available thanks to RapidMiner.
- KDnuggets talks to IBM: Data scientists: Hire an individual or team? - Feb 13, 2014.
KDnuggets recent poll about Data Science - Individual vs Team has caught attention of IBM. Listen to the podcast where I discuss the unexpected findings of this poll and other Data Science topics.
- FastCompany 10 Most Innovative Companies in Big Data - Feb 10, 2014.
Big Data-driven companies can now map your genome, find the best fit for clothing, and improve student grades, but it all comes at the expense of much reduced privacy. Here are 10 most innovative Big Data companies according to Fast Company.