- AI in Real Life - Aug 10, 2021.
What do you need to get started on your AI journey? Putting together a combination of the right project, people and infrastructure is no easy task. SAS and MIT SMR have collaborated to provide a comprehensive set of resources to guide you from conception to implementation. Learn from experts that successfully launched AI projects.
- The Potential of Predictive Analytics in Labor Industries - Sep 22, 2020.
Predictive analytics isn't just for white-collar work. Check out these five examples that show its potential in blue-collar jobs and industries as well.
- Successful Use Cases of Artificial Intelligence for Businesses - Apr 10, 2020.
AI is contributing to the businesses in a huge way. For specifics, check out these successful use cases of AI for business.
- 7 AI Use Cases Transforming Live Sports Production and Distribution - Jan 14, 2020.
Here are 7 powerful AI led use cases both for linear television and for OTT apps that are transforming the live sports production landscape.
- Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Trust and Security - Dec 2, 2019.
What are trust and safety? What is the role of trust and security in the modern world? Read this overview of 7 data science application use cases in the realm of trust and security.
- Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Marketing - Nov 25, 2019.
In this article, we want to highlight some key data science use cases in marketing. Let us concentrate on several instances that present particular interest and managed to prove their efficiency in the course of time.
- Top 10 Data Science Use Cases in Energy and Utilities - Sep 2, 2019.
In this article, we will consider the most vivid data science use cases in the industry of energy and utilities.
- Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Construction - Jul 5, 2019.
This article considers several of the most efficient and productive data science use cases in the construction industry.
- Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Gaming - Apr 3, 2019.
The understanding of the data value for optimization and improvement of gaming makes specialists search for new ways to apply data science and its benefits in the gaming business. Therefore, various specific data science use cases appear. Here is our list of the most efficient and widely applied data science use cases in gaming.
- Top 8 Data Science Use Cases in Manufacturing - Mar 21, 2019.
Data science is said to change the manufacturing industry dramatically. Let's take under consideration several data science use cases in manufacturing that have already become common and brought benefits to the manufacturers.
- Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Travel - Feb 28, 2019.
To satisfy all the needs of the growing number of consumers and process enormous data chunks, data science algorithms are vital. Let’s consider several of widespread and efficient data science use cases in the travel industry.
- Top 10 Data Science Use Cases in Telecom - Feb 14, 2019.
In this article, we attempt to present the most relevant and efficient data science use cases in the field of telecommunication.
- Four Real-Life Machine Learning Use Cases - Dec 13, 2018.
This ebook will walk you through four use cases for Machine Learning on Databricks, covering loan risk, advertising analytics and predictive use case, market basket analysis, suspicious behaviour identification in video use, and more.
- [Download] Real-Life ML Examples + Notebooks - Nov 13, 2018.
In this eBook, we will walk you through four Machine Learning use cases on Databricks: Loan Risk Use Case; Advertising Analytics & Prediction Use Case; Market Basket Analysis Problem at Scale; Suspicious Behavior Identification in Video Use Case. Get your copy now!
- Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case, Part 2 - Aug 16, 2018.
In this post, I will explore the implementation of reinforcement learning in trading. The Financial industry has been exploring the applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for their use-cases, but the monetary risk has prompted reluctance.
- Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case, Part 1 - Aug 9, 2018.
At base, RL is a complex algorithm for mapping observed entities and measures into some set of actions, while optimizing for a long-term or short-term reward.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n35, Sep 13: Putting the “Science” Back in Data Science; Python vs. R: And the leader is… - Sep 13, 2017.
Putting the "Science" Back in Data Science; Python vs R - Who Is Really Ahead in Data Science, Machine Learning; I built a chatbot in 2 hours and this is what I learned; Are Data Lakes Fake News?; Python Overtaking R?
- Top 10 Machine Learning Use Cases: Part 2 - Sep 11, 2017.
This post is the second in a series whose aim is to shake up our intuitions about what machine learning is making possible in specific sectors — to look beyond the set of use cases that always come to mind.
- Top 10 Machine Learning Use Cases: Part 1 - Aug 31, 2017.
This post is the first in a series whose aim is to shake up our intuitions about what machine learning is making possible in specific sectors — to look beyond the set of use cases that always come to mind.
- Data Science & Ancestry - Dec 17, 2016.
Ancestry is curious topic for many people to find out their origin and history. Today, data science is used to help these people to dig into their family history and build the family trees.
- HR Analytics Starter Kit – Intro to R - Mar 28, 2016.
We review tools to help you start performing HR analytics with a focus on R platform, and providing useful examples for the HR and Workforce analytics using R.
Pages: 1 2
- What Types of Questions Can Data Science Answer - Sep 29, 2015.
Data science has enabled us to solve complex and diverse problems by using machine learning and statistic algorithms. Here we have enumerated the common applications of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning techniques
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on Economic Intelligence from Integrating Public Datasets - Jul 30, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Prevedere Software, understanding the impact of external factors on a company’s performance, features of in-memory correlation engine and economic intelligence by Prevedere.
- Using Ensembles in Kaggle Data Science Competitions – Part 1 - Jun 25, 2015.
How to win Machine Learning Competitions? Gain an edge over the competition by learning Model Ensembling. Take a look at Henk van Veen's insights about how to get improved results!
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Ksenija Draskovic, Verizon on Dissecting the Anatomy of Predictive Analytics Projects - Apr 15, 2015.
We discuss Predictive Analytics use cases at Verizon Wireless, advantages of a unified data view, model selection and common causes of failure.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-22: Tensor methods for Machine Learning; Tibco survey: Big Data top use cases - Mar 23, 2015.
Tensor methods for #MachineLearning: fast, accurate, scalable, need open-source libs; #DataScience and Reproducibility: Explaining when the experiment does not work; Google #DeepLearning FaceNet is the best ever for recognizing faces; Tibco survey #BigData top use cases: Customer & Experience Analytics, Risk/Threat.
- Interview: Slava Akmaev, Berg on Challenges in Transitioning Analytics to Clinical Utility - Mar 10, 2015.
We discuss Analytics use cases, challenges in relating molecular/clinical data to real-life outcomes, Healthcare Analytics trends and more.
- Interview: Arno Candel, H20.ai on How to Quick Start Deep Learning with H2O - Jan 21, 2015.
We discuss H2O use cases, resources to start using H2O for Deep Learning, evolution of High Performance Computing (HPC) and the future of HPC.
- Interview: Sharmila Mulligan, ClearStory Data on Variety & Velocity to be Big Data Priorities - Jan 10, 2015.
We discuss the ClearStory Data’s competitive differentiation, client use case, Big Data trends, advice, desired soft skills in data scientists and more.
- Interview: Ben Werther, CEO, Platfora on Insightful Analytics for Big Data - Dec 30, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in implementing end-to-end solutions for Big Data, Platfora use cases, Big Data trends, advice and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on Why the Business needs Ambitious Big Data Use Cases - Sep 13, 2014.
We discuss the selection and tracking of use cases, key points for designing a sustainable information architecture, the need for ambitious use cases, SAP's competitive differentiation, and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on the Strategic Value Proposition of Big Data - Sep 11, 2014.
We discuss the impact of Big Data advancements on business strategy, value proposition of Big Data, importance of partnerships, key risks and mitigation strategy, how to win sustained patronage for Big Data projects and more.
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.