- What is Adversarial Neural Cryptography? - Apr 22, 2021.
The novel approach combines GANs and cryptography in a single, powerful security method.
- Deploying Secure and Scalable Streamlit Apps on AWS with Docker Swarm, Traefik and Keycloak - Oct 23, 2020.
If you are a data scientist who just wants to get the work done but doesn’t necessarily want to go down the DevOps rabbit hole, this tutorial offers a relatively straightforward deployment solution leveraging Docker Swarm and Traefik, with an option of adding user authentication with Keycloak.
- New U. of Chicago Machine Learning for Cybersecurity Certificate Gives Professionals Tools to Detect and Prevent Attacks - Oct 5, 2020.
Machine learning has become an essential tool for IT security professionals seeking to detect and prevent attacks and vulnerabilities. The Center for Data and Computing (CDAC) convened a trio of University of Chicago computer science faculty to produce an innovative new remote Machine Learning for Cybersecurity certificate that will be offered for the first time this autumn.
- Automating Security & Privacy Controls for Data Science & BI – Webinar - Jul 28, 2020.
Moving sensitive data to the Cloud introduces the possibility of exposing data teams to new levels of risk, making it challenging to manage and prepare sensitive data for data science and analytics. Join our live webinar, Automating Security & Privacy Controls for Data Science & BI, Aug 12 @ 1PM ET to learn how Immuta for Databricks enables you to maximize the value of your sensitive data.
- 10 Steps for Tackling Data Privacy and Security Laws in 2020 - Jul 22, 2020.
Data privacy laws, such as the CCPA, GDPR, and HIPAA, are here to stay and significantly impact everyone in the digital era. These steps will guide organizations to prepare for compliance and ensure they support the fundamental privacy rights of their customers and users.
- Federated Learning: An Introduction - Apr 15, 2020.
Improving machine learning models and making them more secure by training on decentralized data.
- Phishytics – Machine Learning for Detecting Phishing Websites - Mar 6, 2020.
Since phishing is such a widespread problem in the cybersecurity domain, let us take a look at the application of machine learning for phishing website detection.
- Trends in Machine Learning in 2020 - Mar 5, 2020.
Many industries realize the potential of Machine Learning and are incorporating it as a core technology. Progress and new applications of these tools are moving quickly in the field, and we discuss expected upcoming trends in Machine Learning for 2020.
- Top 5 Data Science Trends for 2020 - Feb 4, 2020.
As Data Science continues to expand into the next decade, this article features five important trends in the field that are expected in 2020. Leverage these trends to help improve your business processes for maximizing growth.
- Deepfakes Security Risks - Jan 10, 2020.
Deepfakes have instilled panic in experts since they first emerged in 2017. Microsoft and Facebook have recently announced a contest to identify deepfakes more efficiently.
- The 4 Hottest Trends in Data Science for 2020 - Dec 9, 2019.
The field of Data Science is growing with new capabilities and reach into every industry. With digital transformations occurring in organizations around the world, 2019 included trends of more companies leveraging more data to make better decisions. Check out these next trends in Data Science expected to take off in 2020.
- Top 7 Data Science Use Cases in Trust and Security - Dec 2, 2019.
What are trust and safety? What is the role of trust and security in the modern world? Read this overview of 7 data science application use cases in the realm of trust and security.
- Applying Data Science to Cybersecurity Network Attacks & Events - Sep 19, 2019.
Check out this detailed tutorial on applying data science to the cybersecurity domain, written by an individual with backgrounds in both fields.
- How to Share Data Science Secrets Without Sacrificing Security - Jul 24, 2019.
Learn how to incorporate security into your practices without slowing down your project. Read this ActiveState blog post to learn more.
- PySyft and the Emergence of Private Deep Learning - Jun 27, 2019.
PySyft is an open-source framework that enables secured, private computations in deep learning, by combining federated learning and differential privacy in a single programming model integrated into different deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch, Keras or TensorFlow.
- Why Machine Learning is vulnerable to adversarial attacks and how to fix it - Jun 13, 2019.
Machine learning can process data imperceptible to humans to produce expected results. These inconceivable patterns are inherent in the data but may make models vulnerable to adversarial attacks. How can developers harness these features to not lose control of AI?
- 3 Big Problems with Big Data and How to Solve Them - Apr 18, 2019.
We discuss some of the negatives of using big data, including false equivalences and bias, vulnerability to security breaches, protecting against unauthorized access and the lack of international standards for data privacy regulations.
- Top 10 Technology Trends of 2019 - Feb 7, 2019.
This article outlines 10 top trending technologies for 2019, a list which covers diverse topics such as security, IoT, reinforcement learning, energy sustainability, smart cities, and much more.
- Machine Learning Security - Jan 25, 2019.
We take a look at how malicious actors can break machine learning models and what some of the best practices are when it comes to stopping them.
- Top 5 domains Big Data analytics helps to transform - Nov 23, 2018.
Big data analytics gives a competitive advantage to companies across many industries, especially, financial services, e-commerce, aviation, transportation, logistics, and energy. It enables to reduce downtime, mitigate risks, cut costs, and improve performance.
- Building Surveillance System Using USB Camera and Wireless-Connected Raspberry Pi - Nov 6, 2018.
Read this post to learn how to build a surveillance system using a USB camera plugged into Raspberry Pi (RPi) which is connected a PC using its wireless interface.
Pages: 1 2
- Deep Learning on the Edge - Sep 19, 2018.
Detailed analysis into utilizing deep learning on the edge, covering both advantages and disadvantages and comparing this against more traditional cloud computing methods.
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 2 Highlights - Feb 23, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the second day of the Age of AI Conference, February 1, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Future Trends in Biometrics - Feb 5, 2018.
Biometric identification is moving from the realm of high -tech movie scenes to everyday use. The science is already changing physical and cyber security.
- Challenge Yourself to Think, Mar 19-22, Las Vegas - Feb 5, 2018.
Think 2018 is for those who seek inspiration and education, reinvention and innovation, want to connect with experts and seek progress. It is for understanding what is going on in the world around AI, Cloud, Data, Security, and Systems and discovering what’s possible. Use code TK18CAC to save.
- Operational Best Practices for Enterprise Data Science - Jan 24, 2018.
Join Team Anaconda for a live webinar, Jan 30, 2pm CT, as we tackle the four main concerns we hear from our customers and show you best practices for managing enterprise data science: scalability, security, integration, and governance.
- After the “Meltdown,” How Can You Protect Your Database? - Jan 8, 2018.
- Everything Changes: A Human Perspective on Digitization - Jan 2, 2018.
An insightful, thought-provoking article on digital disruption and evolution of technology.
- The First Intl. Conference on Data Intelligence and Security (ICDIS-2018) - Sep 12, 2017.
The first ICDIS conference will be held on April 8-10, 2018, in South Padre Island, Texas. Come experience this unique forum where data management, data intelligence, and data security are all involved.
- Does the Muslim Ban Make Us Safer?: Data Science vs Fake News - Apr 5, 2017.
An obvious metric we can look at for how much harm terrorists from the banned countries do to America is looking at the number of people killed on American soil by terrorists from these countries.
- Machine Learning-driven Firewall - Feb 23, 2017.
Cyber Security is always a hot topic in IT industry and machine learning is making security systems more stronger. Here, a particular use case of machine learning in cyber security is explained in detail.
- Machine Learning and Cyber Security Resources - Jan 2, 2017.
An overview of useful resources about applications of machine learning and data mining in cyber security, including important websites, papers, books, tutorials, courses, and more.
- Privacy, Security and Ethics in Process Mining - Dec 21, 2016.
Data Privacy, Security and Ethics are hot yet complex topics in the business and data science world. This important article talks about and provide guidelines for privacy, security and ethics, specifically in the context of Process Mining.
Pages: 1 2
- Using Machine Learning to Detect Malicious URLs - Oct 28, 2016.
This is a write-up of an experiment employing a machine learning model to identify malicious URLs. The author provides a link to the code for you to try yourself.
- Change Dynamix: Lead Data Scientist - Sep 19, 2016.
Seeking an experienced Data Scientist who can transform our data into valuable insights, working to understand the objectives of our customers, model data, choose analytical techniques, and develop novel approaches to machine learning within our market.
- How Can Data Scientists Mitigate Sensitive Data Exposure Vulnerability? - Aug 26, 2016.
What is sensitive data? How does it affect data science, and what can be done to mitigate data exposure vulnerability? Read on to find out.
- Boost your Business Analytics Skills - Jul 26, 2016.
Learn the latest business practices, concepts, methodologies and techniques in advanced analytics, data mining, survival analysis, explaining analytics to decision makers, fraud detection, and more with the SAS Business Knowledge Series.
- Achieving End-to-end Security for Apache Spark with Databricks - Jun 23, 2016.
The Databricks just-in-time data platform takes a holistic approach to solving the enterprise security challenge by building all the facets of security — encryption, identity management, role-based access control, data governance, and compliance standards — natively into the data platform with DBES.
- 5 Best Practices for Big Data Security - Jun 9, 2016.
Lack of data security can not only result in financial losses, but may also damage the reputation of organizations. Take a look at some of the most important data security best practices that can reduce the risks associated with analyzing a massive amount of data.
- Innovation in Data Analytics, help shape Singapore’s Smart Nation - May 12, 2016.
Read a first-hand perspective on Big Data playing field in Singapore, strong support for Machine Learning and Data Science research, excellent local conditions, and how all these contribute to a bigger aspiration this city state is striving towards.
- Data-Driven Product, Data Security Innovation Summits, Austin June 29-30 - May 6, 2016.
Learn how to transform your products at Data-Driven Product Innovation Summit, and about Big Data risks and solutions at Data security summit. Use code KD10 to get an extra 10% off.
- Predictive Power of Terror Alerts and Monkeys - Jan 4, 2016.
The terrorism threat advisory system was designed to give the public prior warning to when terrorist plots are about to unfold. However, the analysis shows that this system is not more helpful than monkey throwing a dart.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 Singapore – Day 2 Highlights - Dec 15, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, Singapore, day 2.
- Big Data and Data Science for Security and Fraud Detection - Dec 11, 2015.
We review big data analytics tools and technologies that combine text mining, machine learning and network analysis for security threat prediction, detection and prevention at an early stage.
- SageAxcess: Lead Data Scientist – User Behavior Analytics - Dec 2, 2015.
Model data, choose appropriate analytical models to meet business objectives, and develop novel approaches to machine learning in network security.
- Can Big Data Catch the Bad Guys? - Dec 2, 2015.
Balancing individual liberties with Big Brother surveillance and intelligence-gathering methods means walking a fine line that will require proper balancing for the foreseeable future. Regardless of opinion, Big Data has some role to play in keeping us safe, and the sooner we recognize it the better.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n28, Aug 26: How long at your Analytics job? Paradoxes of Data Science; Big Data Security - Aug 26, 2015.
New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job? Paradoxes of Data Science; HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge; Information Management 10 IT Security Books for Big Data Scientists.
- Information Management 10 IT Security Books for Big Data Scientists - Aug 20, 2015.
As the big data and cybersecurity markets converge with one another, each of these books examines new threats and new opportunities for data scientists who want to analyze and safeguard data.
- The Perpetual Quest for Digital Trust - Jul 22, 2015.
Digital Trust is at a deficit – concludes the 2015 Accenture Digital Consumer Survey report “Digital Trust in the IoT Era”
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on Security Checklist for Data Architectures - Jul 10, 2015.
We discuss securing data-at-rest and data-in-motion, security recommendations for data architectures, trends, advice, and more.
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on How to Secure Data-in-Motion - Jul 9, 2015.
We discuss the security concerns in Big Data, challenges in securing Big Data locally and over cloud, and open source solutions – Knox and Ranger.
- Interview: Reiner Kappenberger, HP Security Voltage on Data-Centric Security for Big Data - Jul 8, 2015.
We discuss HP Security Voltage growth story, HP acquisition, assessing the state of current security standards, and the need for “data-centric” security.
- Interview: Anil Gadre, MapR on 3 Keys for Big Data Success: Reliability, Security, & Scalability - Jun 24, 2015.
We discuss the origin of Apache Myriad, state of security in Big Data, MapR Quick Start Solutions, Hadoop vendor selection criteria, and more.
- Linkurious Enterprise democratizes graph visualization - Apr 20, 2015.
Linkurious announces the launch of Linkurious Enterprise, the first data visualization platform for graph databases.
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 3 Highlights - Apr 3, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from VISA, Glassbeam, Unravel on day 3 of Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 2, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from Cloudera, LinkedIn, Intel, MapR, Locbit and others on day 2 of Big Data Developer Conference 2015.
Pages: 1 2
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 22-28: Deep Learning flaws & Security, DeepMind Publications, and Keras - Mar 30, 2015.
Computer Vision security issues, DeepMind, statistics with Python, hacking on neural networks, and Keras, a neural network library are all topics on top of /r/MachineLearning this week.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 17 and beyond - Mar 16, 2015.
Predictive Analytics - Rethinking Big Data, Addressing the Challenges of Data Variety, Semantic Publishing for News & Media, Data Mining: Failure to Launch.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 10 and beyond - Mar 9, 2015.
Data Wrangling and the Art of Big Data Discovery, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, The State of Hadoop Adoption, Addressing the Challenges of Data Variety, and more.
- Big Data, Privacy, and Security – which side are you on? - Feb 18, 2015.
After all the positive promise, the hype, and predictions about Big Data, 2015 started with a debate about privacy and specifically whether or not companies like Google and Facebook should be allowed to encrypt their users data.
- Data Mining finds JASBUG, a Critical Security Vulnerability - Feb 17, 2015.
We explain how the critical Microsoft security vulnerability JASBUG that existed for 15 years was detected with similarity search and regular expression inference.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Feb 17 and beyond - Feb 16, 2015.
Pivotal Update, Moving Targets, Secure Because Math, Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, Maximize the effectiveness of your text analytics initiatives, Text Mining and Knowledge Graphs in the Cloud.
- Two Most Important Trends in Analytics and Big Data in 2015 - Feb 6, 2015.
In 2015, two most important trends in Analytics and Big Data are in developing countries and big data security.
- FICO Chief Analytics Officer Sees a Post–Big Data World in 2015 - Dec 21, 2014.
Predictive analytics and the Big Data that fuels it become deeply and broadly embedded in business and society – no longer a phenomenon but widely accepted as part of the foundation. Here are a few of his predictions for the coming year.
- AnalyticsStreet Panel Report: Frontiers and Dangers of Analytics and Big Data - Nov 18, 2014.
A summary of technology panel I moderated with analytics leaders from DataXu, Tamr, Sqrrl, Nutonian, and Basis Technology. Key issues that emerged include machine learning, streaming data, unstructured and text data, the data mining process, security, and privacy.
- Skyhigh Networks: Data Scientist – Big Data - Sep 16, 2014.
Help us develop data models for user behavior, security threat detection and other advanced persistent threats, as part of groundbreaking technology for enabling the safe adoption of cloud services.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 2 Highlights - Aug 4, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from USC, YarcData and Revolution Analytics on day 2 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- Microsoft: Principal Data Architect – Protection Services - Jul 30, 2014.
The Big Data Architect is responsible for ensuring that Protection data assets are supported by the right data architecture, data models and standards to achieve our strategic goals.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 21-22 - Jul 23, 2014.
Microsoft: Data Scientist; Haskell Data Analysis Cookbook - A practical and concise guide; Large collection of papers on #Security and Machine Learning; Learn Data Science in 12 wks + career coaching.
- HP Perspective on Big Data and Analytics: Interview with Mazhar Hussain - Apr 3, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Mazhar Hussain, HP Big Data & Analytics Services Leader, on key topics for the industry and 4 next big areas in Big Data.