- Phishytics – Machine Learning for Detecting Phishing Websites - Mar 6, 2020.
Since phishing is such a widespread problem in the cybersecurity domain, let us take a look at the application of machine learning for phishing website detection.
- Applying Data Science to Cybersecurity Network Attacks & Events - Sep 19, 2019.
Check out this detailed tutorial on applying data science to the cybersecurity domain, written by an individual with backgrounds in both fields.
- Monash University: Lecturer / Sr Lecturer – Cybersecurity [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 29, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in Cybersecurity. The Monash cybersecurity research team mainly focuses on 3 key streams of areas; namely: cryptography, blockchain, and interdisciplinary cybersecurity applications.
- Strata SF day 1 Highlights: from Edge to AI, scoring AI projects, cyberconflict, cryptography - Apr 29, 2019.
Journey from “Edge to AI”, scoring your AI projects, cyberconflict, role of cryptography in AI and more insights from a leading conference.
- The Evolution of Build Engineering in Managing Open Source [Webinar Replay] - Nov 13, 2018.
Explore how the role of build engineering is evolving to reconcile two key trends: massive wide-scale adoption of open source; the most devastating cyber-attacks in recent history tied to unpatched dependencies and other vulnerabilities.
- After the “Meltdown,” How Can You Protect Your Database? - Jan 8, 2018.
- Data Scientist: The Hottest Job on Wall Street - Nov 8, 2017.
The demand for professionals that can build financial analytics programs is booming. We foresee two main objectives- to predict market movement for profit, and to protect customer assets of banks.
- Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information age, Harvard online short course - Nov 2, 2017.
Learn how to identify and manage operational risk, litigation risk and reputational risk. This course is brought to you by HarvardX in collaboration with GetSmarter, experts in online education for working professionals.
- KDnuggets now a secure site, change in FB counts, and our most liked content - Oct 31, 2017.
KDnuggets has recently converted to a secure https access which reset our facebook "like" counts. However, we saved the data - see which pages were most liked.
- Does Machine Learning Have a Future Role in Cyber Security? - Jun 20, 2017.
In the past, ML learning hasn't had as much success in cyber security as in other fields. Many early attempts struggled with problems such as generating too many false positives, which resulted mixed attitudes towards it.
- The Artificial ‘Artificial Intelligence’ Bubble and the Future of Cybersecurity - Jun 1, 2017.
What’s going on now in the field of ‘AI’ resembles a soap bubble. And we all know what happens to soap bubbles eventually if they keep getting blown up by the circus clowns (no pun intended!): they burst.
- Are You a Big Data Genius or a Cybersecurity Hero? - Apr 6, 2017.
The world is experiencing a digital revolution: Big Data and Cybersecurity are now playing a key role in a growing number of diverse industries. Get the jump on the digital revolution with a graduate education from IE School of Human Sciences & Technology.
- 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Mar 16, 2017.
We detail 50 companies leading the Artificial Intelligence revolution in AD Sales, CRM, Autotech, Business Intelligence and analytics, Commerce, Conversational AI/Bots, Core AI, Cyber-Security, Fintech, Healthcare, IoT, Vision, and other areas.
- LeapYear: Lead Data Scientist - Mar 15, 2017.
Seeking a Lead Data Scientist, responsible for conceptualizing, developing, testing, and deploying machine learning products on customer data sets. You and our data science team will use LeapYear's platform to create value from the world's most sensitive, siloed data sources.
- Machine Learning and Cyber Security Resources - Jan 2, 2017.
An overview of useful resources about applications of machine learning and data mining in cyber security, including important websites, papers, books, tutorials, courses, and more.
- Using Machine Learning to Detect Malicious URLs - Oct 28, 2016.
This is a write-up of an experiment employing a machine learning model to identify malicious URLs. The author provides a link to the code for you to try yourself.
- Acuity Solutions (BluVector): Applied Data Scientist - Aug 17, 2016.
Seeking an Applied Data Scientist to apply data science tools and techniques to discover and exploit generalities in software and software application files enabling broad-based detection of the constantly changing global malware corpus.
- LLNL: Associate Director for Computation - Jun 1, 2016.
Seeking an Associate Director for Computation, with expertise in computer science, data science, HPC, or mathematics, and experience leading and managing a large development organization.
- Artificial Intelligence ‘Chatbots’ – When or if? - May 9, 2016.
Chatbots can have extensive applications, now that Facebook is considering to implement AI in their Messenger and WhatsApp platforms. We examine 3 main factors that will determine the success of chatbots.
- Businesses Will Need One Million Data Scientists by 2018 - Jan 28, 2016.
Deepening shortage of Data Science talent and cybersecurity challenges are trends shaping business in 2016.
- CEOs Pursue Data and Analytics for Stakeholder Engagement - Jan 21, 2016.
PWC’s Global CEO Survey highlights the strategic importance of Data and Analytics for achieving wider stakeholder engagement.
- The future of analytics – top 5 predictions for 2016 - Dec 23, 2015.
Analytics has never been more needed or interesting and the future looks exciting. Top 2016 trends include Machine learning established in the enterprise, Internet of Things hype hits reality, and Big data moves beyond hype to enrich modeling.
- Singapore Data Analytics, Info Security careers - Nov 12, 2015.
Learn about many opportunities in Data Analytics and Info Security careers in Singapore and about its Smart Nation initiative.
- UPS: Data Analyst - Sep 30, 2015.
Responsible for analyzing existing data and analytics approaches, as well as creating/enhancing data and statistical models to support corporate security initiatives.
- July 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 14, 2015.
July 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Quid, Oil/Gas, Palantir, Civis Analytics, KyvosInsights, AI Safety, Cybersecurity, and more.
- IKANOW Cyber Analytics Platform revolutionizing cybersecurity - Jun 19, 2015.
IKANOW is revolutionizing cybersecurity with their major new release to their cyber analytics platform.
- Download IKANOW’s “Beyond the Kill Chain” eBook - Apr 30, 2015.
A complete security platform, powered by business intelligence, lets CISOs go beyond the kill chain, and manage risks, not just react to intrusions - download free ebook.
- Damballa: Research Scientist - Apr 29, 2015.
Using applied scientific research and leveraging data collected from sensors monitoring millions of hosts, we discover new and innovative ways to stay ahead of cyber crime activity.
- U. of Bristol: Heilbronn Research Fellowship: Data analysis for cybersecurity - Apr 27, 2015.
Three year Research Fellowships in the area of Internet data analysis for cybersecurity applications, starting (preferrably) Oct 2015 or Jan 2016.
- Digital Shadows (London): Data Scientist - Jan 10, 2015.
Digital Shadows is award winning start-up providing innovative cyber monitoring services to high profile organisations. We have ambitious growth plan and want to recruit a senior data scientist to implement our data analytics strategy.
- Virginia Tech: Faculty in AI/Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Virginia Tech seeks applicants for one tenure-track and two tenured faculty positions in three areas: artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering, and data analytics/cyber security.
- Virginia Tech: Data Analytics/Cyber Security Faculty Position - Oct 9, 2014.
Candidates with research depth and breadth in data analytics, data mining, "big data", data science, or cybersecurity, are encouraged to apply.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 3 Highlights - Aug 5, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from UC Davis, UT Dallas, Northrop Grumman Corp and NIST on day 3 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 1, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from Pivotal, IBM Research, George Washington University, IARPA at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
- U. Bristol: Heilbronn Research Fellowships - Mar 7, 2014.
Work on both your own research and Heilbronn research program, with a focus on applications in data analysis for cybersecurity. Apply by March 28.