- Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning in Cybersecurity - Aug 5, 2021.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are the next-gen technology used in various fields. With the rise in online threats, it has become essential to include these technologies in cybersecurity. In this post, we will know what roles do AI and ML play in cybersecurity.
AI, Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, Security
- 7 Data Security Best Practices for 2021 - Jun 15, 2021.
Here are seven data security best practices to adopt this year.
Cybersecurity, Data Science, Security
- Machine Learning for Cybersecurity Certificate at U. of Chicago - Feb 16, 2021.
Hands-On Machine Learning Training from UChicago: 5-week remote Machine Learning for Cybersecurity certificate, Mar 30 - Apr 27. Learn from & network with leading faculty/industry leaders, learn data-driven prevention strategies. Group discounts, tuition support.
Certificate, Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, U. of Chicago
- Phishytics – Machine Learning for Detecting Phishing Websites - Mar 6, 2020.
Since phishing is such a widespread problem in the cybersecurity domain, let us take a look at the application of machine learning for phishing website detection.
Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, Security
- Applying Data Science to Cybersecurity Network Attacks & Events - Sep 19, 2019.
Check out this detailed tutorial on applying data science to the cybersecurity domain, written by an individual with backgrounds in both fields.
Cybersecurity, Data Science, Machine Learning, Python, Security
- Monash University: Lecturer / Sr Lecturer – Cybersecurity [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 29, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in Cybersecurity. The Monash cybersecurity research team mainly focuses on 3 key streams of areas; namely: cryptography, blockchain, and interdisciplinary cybersecurity applications.
Australia, Cybersecurity, Lecturer, Melbourne, Monash University
- Strata SF day 1 Highlights: from Edge to AI, scoring AI projects, cyberconflict, cryptography - Apr 29, 2019.
Journey from “Edge to AI”, scoring your AI projects, cyberconflict, role of cryptography in AI and more insights from a leading conference.
AI, Cryptography, Cybersecurity, IoT, San Francisco, Strata
- The Evolution of Build Engineering in Managing Open Source [Webinar Replay] - Nov 13, 2018.
Explore how the role of build engineering is evolving to reconcile two key trends: massive wide-scale adoption of open source; the most devastating cyber-attacks in recent history tied to unpatched dependencies and other vulnerabilities.
ActiveState, Cybersecurity, DevOps, Open Source, Risks
- After the “Meltdown,” How Can You Protect Your Database? - Jan 8, 2018.
- Data Scientist: The Hottest Job on Wall Street - Nov 8, 2017.
The demand for professionals that can build financial analytics programs is booming. We foresee two main objectives- to predict market movement for profit, and to protect customer assets of banks.
AI, Cybersecurity, Data Scientist, Finance, Fintech, Fraud Prevention, Stocks
- Cybersecurity: Managing Risk in the Information age, Harvard online short course - Nov 2, 2017.
Learn how to identify and manage operational risk, litigation risk and reputational risk. This course is brought to you by HarvardX in collaboration with GetSmarter, experts in online education for working professionals.
Cybersecurity, Harvard, Online Education, Risk Assessment
- KDnuggets now a secure site, change in FB counts, and our most liked content - Oct 31, 2017.
KDnuggets has recently converted to a secure https access which reset our facebook "like" counts. However, we saved the data - see which pages were most liked.
About KDnuggets, Cybersecurity, Social Media
- Does Machine Learning Have a Future Role in Cyber Security? - Jun 20, 2017.
In the past, ML learning hasn't had as much success in cyber security as in other fields. Many early attempts struggled with problems such as generating too many false positives, which resulted mixed attitudes towards it.
Cybersecurity, Machine Learning
- The Artificial ‘Artificial Intelligence’ Bubble and the Future of Cybersecurity - Jun 1, 2017.
What’s going on now in the field of ‘AI’ resembles a soap bubble. And we all know what happens to soap bubbles eventually if they keep getting blown up by the circus clowns (no pun intended!): they burst.
AI, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity
- Are You a Big Data Genius or a Cybersecurity Hero? - Apr 6, 2017.
The world is experiencing a digital revolution: Big Data and Cybersecurity are now playing a key role in a growing number of diverse industries. Get the jump on the digital revolution with a graduate education from IE School of Human Sciences & Technology.
Big Data, Cybersecurity, IE School, Madrid, Master of Science, Spain
- 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Mar 16, 2017.
We detail 50 companies leading the Artificial Intelligence revolution in AD Sales, CRM, Autotech, Business Intelligence and analytics, Commerce, Conversational AI/Bots, Core AI, Cyber-Security, Fintech, Healthcare, IoT, Vision, and other areas.
AI, Business Analytics, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Healthcare, IoT, Machine Learning
- LeapYear: Lead Data Scientist - Mar 15, 2017.
Seeking a Lead Data Scientist, responsible for conceptualizing, developing, testing, and deploying machine learning products on customer data sets. You and our data science team will use LeapYear's platform to create value from the world's most sensitive, siloed data sources.
Berkeley, CA, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Data Scientist, LeapYear
- Machine Learning and Cyber Security Resources - Jan 2, 2017.
An overview of useful resources about applications of machine learning and data mining in cyber security, including important websites, papers, books, tutorials, courses, and more.
Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, Security
- Using Machine Learning to Detect Malicious URLs - Oct 28, 2016.
This is a write-up of an experiment employing a machine learning model to identify malicious URLs. The author provides a link to the code for you to try yourself.
Cybersecurity, Python, Security
- Acuity Solutions (BluVector): Applied Data Scientist - Aug 17, 2016.
Seeking an Applied Data Scientist to apply data science tools and techniques to discover and exploit generalities in software and software application files enabling broad-based detection of the constantly changing global malware corpus.
Acuity Solutions, Cybersecurity, Data Scientist, MD, Millersville
- LLNL: Associate Director for Computation - Jun 1, 2016.
Seeking an Associate Director for Computation, with expertise in computer science, data science, HPC, or mathematics, and experience leading and managing a large development organization.
CA, Cybersecurity, Director, HPC, Livermore, LLNL
- Artificial Intelligence ‘Chatbots’ – When or if? - May 9, 2016.
Chatbots can have extensive applications, now that Facebook is considering to implement AI in their Messenger and WhatsApp platforms. We examine 3 main factors that will determine the success of chatbots.
AI, Bots, Chatbot, Cybersecurity, Facebook, Humans vs Machines, Microsoft
- Businesses Will Need One Million Data Scientists by 2018 - Jan 28, 2016.
Deepening shortage of Data Science talent and cybersecurity challenges are trends shaping business in 2016.
Challenges, Cybersecurity, Data Scientist, Deloitte, Internet of Things, Trends
- CEOs Pursue Data and Analytics for Stakeholder Engagement - Jan 21, 2016.
PWC’s Global CEO Survey highlights the strategic importance of Data and Analytics for achieving wider stakeholder engagement.
Business, Customer Engagement, Cybersecurity, PWC, Survey, Threats
- The future of analytics – top 5 predictions for 2016 - Dec 23, 2015.
Analytics has never been more needed or interesting and the future looks exciting. Top 2016 trends include Machine learning established in the enterprise, Internet of Things hype hits reality, and Big data moves beyond hype to enrich modeling.
2016 Predictions, Cybersecurity, Industry, IoT, Machine Learning
- Singapore Data Analytics, Info Security careers - Nov 12, 2015.
Learn about many opportunities in Data Analytics and Info Security careers in Singapore and about its Smart Nation initiative.
Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Hiring, Singapore
- UPS: Data Analyst - Sep 30, 2015.
Responsible for analyzing existing data and analytics approaches, as well as creating/enhancing data and statistical models to support corporate security initiatives.
Atlanta, Cybersecurity, Data Analyst, GA, UPS
- July 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 14, 2015.
July 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Quid, Oil/Gas, Palantir, Civis Analytics, KyvosInsights, AI Safety, Cybersecurity, and more.
Civis Analytics, Cybersecurity, DataCamp, Elon Musk, Oil & Gas, Palantir, Quid, Startups
- IKANOW Cyber Analytics Platform revolutionizing cybersecurity - Jun 19, 2015.
IKANOW is revolutionizing cybersecurity with their major new release to their cyber analytics platform.
- Download IKANOW’s “Beyond the Kill Chain” eBook - Apr 30, 2015.
A complete security platform, powered by business intelligence, lets CISOs go beyond the kill chain, and manage risks, not just react to intrusions - download free ebook.
Cybersecurity, Free ebook, IKANOW
- Damballa: Research Scientist - Apr 29, 2015.
Using applied scientific research and leveraging data collected from sensors monitoring millions of hosts, we discover new and innovative ways to stay ahead of cyber crime activity.
Atlanta, Cybersecurity, Damballa, GA, Research Scientist
- U. of Bristol: Heilbronn Research Fellowship: Data analysis for cybersecurity - Apr 27, 2015.
Three year Research Fellowships in the area of Internet data analysis for cybersecurity applications, starting (preferrably) Oct 2015 or Jan 2016.
Bristol, Cybersecurity, Fellowship, UK
- Digital Shadows (London): Data Scientist - Jan 10, 2015.
Digital Shadows is award winning start-up providing innovative cyber monitoring services to high profile organisations. We have ambitious growth plan and want to recruit a senior data scientist to implement our data analytics strategy.
Cybersecurity, Digital Shadows, London, UK
- Virginia Tech: Faculty in AI/Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Data Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Virginia Tech seeks applicants for one tenure-track and two tenured faculty positions in three areas: artificial intelligence/machine learning, software engineering, and data analytics/cyber security.
Artificial Intelligence, Blacksburg-VA, Cybersecurity, Faculty, Software Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Virginia Tech: Data Analytics/Cyber Security Faculty Position - Oct 9, 2014.
Candidates with research depth and breadth in data analytics, data mining, "big data", data science, or cybersecurity, are encouraged to apply.
Arlington-VA, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Faculty, Virginia Tech
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 3 Highlights - Aug 5, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from UC Davis, UT Dallas, Northrop Grumman Corp and NIST on day 3 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
Analytics, Conference, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Semantic Analysis, Social Media, Stanford, Twitter
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 1 Highlights - Aug 1, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from Pivotal, IBM Research, George Washington University, IARPA at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
Cloud Foundry, Conference, Cybersecurity, Hadoop, Infrastructure, Predictive Models, Recommendation, Stanford
- U. Bristol: Heilbronn Research Fellowships - Mar 7, 2014.
Work on both your own research and Heilbronn research program, with a focus on applications in data analysis for cybersecurity. Apply by March 28.
Bristol-UK, Cybersecurity, Fellowship