- How “Anonymous” is Anonymized Data? - Aug 18, 2020.
As the collection of personal data democratized over the previous century, the question of data anonymization started to rise. The regulations coming into effect around the world sealed the importance of the matter.
- Reducing Re-Identification Risk in Health Data - Aug 17, 2020.
Want to learn more about our recommendations for strengthening privacy while preserving utility? Read Immuta's new whitepaper, "Reducing Re-Identification Risk in Health Data: A Guide to Three Privacy Enhancing Technologies", to get the inside scoop on the best privacy enhancing technologies.
- Data Anonymization – History and Key Ideas - Oct 17, 2019.
While effective anonymization technology remains elusive, understanding the history of this challenge can guide data science practitioners to address these important concerns through ethical and responsible use of sensitive information.
- Get the guidebook for tackling data privacy & compliance - Mar 12, 2019.
This guidebook walks through the myths & realities of pseudonymization and working with personal data, and suggests data team processes for compliance.
- The 7 Myths of Data Anonymisation - Mar 12, 2019.
Anonymisation has always been rather seen as a necessary evil instead of a helpful tool. That’s why plenty of myths have arisen around that technology over the years.
- Privacy Software Analysis Project - Jul 17, 2017.
Experienced Java developer with statistics and/or data privacy background to review and analyze one or more open source projects in the data privacy space and write reports on the functionality of those projects.
- Privacy, Security and Ethics in Process Mining - Dec 21, 2016.
Data Privacy, Security and Ethics are hot yet complex topics in the business and data science world. This important article talks about and provide guidelines for privacy, security and ethics, specifically in the context of Process Mining.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29 – Oct 5: Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained - Oct 6, 2015.
Crushed it! Useful advice for landing a data science job; Top 5 arXiv Deep Learning Papers, Explained; 30 best HBR articles; Researcher who broke Netflix Prize to find if data is truly anonymized w. grant from Google.
- Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question - Aug 3, 2015.
It used to be that nobody on the internet knew that I was a dog ... New KDnuggets cartoon examines the dog question in the era of Big Data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 11-13: Avoid Dilbert “core competency”; You may never be anonymous in a #BigData world - Jul 14, 2014.
Avoid automating things that you should not be doing; You may never be truly anonymous in a #BigData world; Why Argentina could not win the #WorldCup2014 cleanly? The OpenCPU System, a big step towards a universal interface for #BigData.