- How Bad Data is Affecting Your Organization’s Operational Efficiency - Mar 5, 2020.
Despite recognizing the importance of data quality, many companies still fail to implement a data quality framework that could protect them from making costly mistakes. Poor data does not just cause revenue loss – it’s the reason your company could lose employees, customers and reputation!
- Top 7 Location Intelligence Companies in 2020 - Jan 24, 2020.
Here’s a complete list of top 7 location intelligence companies in the market - an overview, pricing, pros, and cons that’ll help you identify the right location intelligence tool for your business.
- How to Measure Foot Traffic Using Data Analytics - Oct 23, 2019.
You need to know how many people visit your store now and what sort of audience you're acquiring. Foot traffic data is going to be invaluable to the success of your business.
- Data Science: Scientific Discipline or Business Process? - Aug 8, 2019.
Simply put, data science is an attempt to understand given data using the scientific method. That's why data science is a scientific discipline. You are free (and encouraged!) to apply data science to business use cases, just as you are encouraged to apply it to many other domains.
- Wake Forest University: Executive Director, Business Analytics Programs, School of Business [Winston Salem, NC] - Jul 25, 2019.
Responsible for operational leadership and management of the Master of Science in Business Analytics programs. Serves as a thought partner with the program Associate Dean to develop and execute program strategy.
- Building an Effective Data Science Project Portfolio: A Live Webinar by Metis | May 15 | 1pm ET - May 7, 2019.
This workshop is designed for business leaders, data science managers, and decision makers who want to ensure the effectiveness of the AI and data science capabilities they are building.
- The Four Levels of Analytics Maturity - Mar 26, 2019.
We outline our four-step model to categorize how successfully a company uses analytics by its ability to show the analytics, uncover underlying trends, and take action based on them.
- Join the future of AI and Data at DATAx San Francisco this May with Microsoft, Google and so many more - Feb 27, 2019.
Join us as we bring you the leading innovations and insights to the fast-paced world of AI & Data from Machine Learning, Healthcare, Marketing, Gaming analytics.
- Data Science in the Real World – Meet Netflix, Google and Amazon at DATAx Singapore - Jan 30, 2019.
Machine learning, predictive analytics, IoT, smart cities and fintech are some of the hot topics where you need to know the latest. Get a sneak peak of upcoming DATAx with the DATAx New York festival post event report.
- NYU Stern Fubon Center for Technology, Business and Innovation: Fubon Center Faculty Fellow [New York, NY] - Jan 8, 2019.
The Fubon Center for Technology, Business and Innovation at New York University’s Stern School of Business invites applications for a position as a Fubon Center Faculty Fellow, focusing on research in data science, data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and related topics.
- The 2019 PAW Business Agenda is Live – Super Early Bird expires this Friday - Dec 17, 2018.
Breaking News: The 2019 PAW Business program is live! Predictive Analytics World for Business is coming to Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Jun 16-20, 2019. Super Early Bird ends this Friday!
- Linking Data Science Activities to Business Initiatives Using the Hypothesis Development Canvas - Nov 29, 2018.
The Hypothesis Development Canvas is an effective and concise tool that integrates the different elements of the “Thinking Like A Data Scientist” process into a single document.
- Data Science Strategy Safari: Aligning Data Science Strategy to Org Strategy - Nov 26, 2018.
The title of this post is derived by drawing inspiration from Mintzberg’s seminal work. In this post, I am attempting to take you on a safari through the data science strategy formulation process.
- Insights on the role data can play in your organization - Nov 19, 2018.
If you are looking for more insights on the role data can play in your organization, check out all the disruptive technology sessions happening at the 23rd Annual Shared Services & Outsourcing Week program.
- Data Science “Paint by the Numbers” with the Hypothesis Development Canvas - Nov 2, 2018.
Now you are ready to take the next step from a Big Data MBA perspective by building off of the Business Model Canvas to flesh out the business use cases – or hypothesis – which is where we can become more effective at leveraging data and analytics to optimize our the business.
- Will Models Rule the World? Data Science Salon Miami, Nov 6-7 - Oct 19, 2018.
This post is excerpted from the thoughts of Data Science Salon Miami speakers on the future of model-based decision-making.
- The Whys and Hows of Web Scraping – A Lethal Weapon in Your Data Arsenal - Sep 25, 2018.
We breakdown the various aspects of web scraping, from why businesses need to do it, to instructions on how to go about acquiring this data with PromptCloud - a pioneer in Data as Service solutions with specialization in large-scale and custom web data extraction.
- Mars: Sr Business Translator (Mount Olive, NJ or Chicago, IL) - Aug 20, 2018.
Fully understand Mars and the work we do and work with the Mars Decision Science team to find key insights to solve business problems that contribute to profitability.
- Mars: Digital Business Translator (Chicago, IL or Mount Olive, NJ) - Aug 17, 2018.
Seeking industry leaders in Business Translation, Data Science and Data Engineering with different and complementary skills to influence how we operate and grow beyond anything we’ve achieved before.
- John Elder at Predictive Analytics World London – Save with the Early Bird price until 24 August - Aug 16, 2018.
The deadline to save up to £300 with Early Bird Prices for Predictive Analytics World in London October 17-18 is fast approaching! Book now to save your spot.
- Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case, Part 2 - Aug 16, 2018.
In this post, I will explore the implementation of reinforcement learning in trading. The Financial industry has been exploring the applications of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for their use-cases, but the monetary risk has prompted reluctance.
- Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case, Part 1 - Aug 9, 2018.
At base, RL is a complex algorithm for mapping observed entities and measures into some set of actions, while optimizing for a long-term or short-term reward.
- Best Deal in the Galaxy? Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference NYC, Sep 11-13, 2018 - Jul 30, 2018.
Cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect and merge at Strata Data Conference. Win KDnuggets Pass - submit your entry by Aug 9, 2018.
- Data Science For Business: 3 Reasons You Need To Learn The Expected Value Framework - Jul 26, 2018.
This article highlights the importance of learning the expected value framework in data science, covering classification, maximization and testing.
- The 4 Levels of Data Usage in Data Science - Jul 9, 2018.
This is an overview of the 4 levels, or "buckets," of data usage in business, starting at monitoring and progressing to automation.
- Scientific debt – what does it mean for Data Science? - May 23, 2018.
This article analyses scientific debt - what it is and what it means for data science.
- The Executive Guide to Data Science and Machine Learning - May 10, 2018.
This article provides a short introductory guide for executives curious about data science or commonly used terms they may encounter when working with their data team. It may also be of interest to other business professionals who are collaborating with data teams or trying to learn data science within their unit.
- Data Science vs Machine Learning vs Data Analytics vs Business Analytics - May 1, 2018.
This article gives a broad overview of data science and the various fields within it, including business analytics, data analytics, business intelligence, advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI.
- Data Exchange and Marketplace, a New Business Model in Making - Apr 23, 2018.
This article covers how an ever-increasing amount of data will trigger the evolution of a new ecosystem that will spur entrepreneurial activity, offering an opportunity to start a wide range of new businesses.
- The Cold Start Problem with AI - Apr 10, 2018.
Why companies struggle with implementing AI and how to overcome it.
- Strata London, where Smart Data Science meets Business Strategy, KDnuggets Offer - Mar 27, 2018.
Strata Data Conferences bring together some of the world's smartest data scientists and business strategists. Join them in London and save with code PCKDNG.
- So, How Many Machine Learning Models You Have NOT Built? - Mar 14, 2018.
Investigating how data scientists approach machine learning and applying this to the 'ship repair man' analogy.
- Strata Data Conference San Jose – early price ends Jan 19 - Jan 12, 2018.
Strata Data Conference is where top data scientists, analysts, engineers, and executives converge to shape the future of business and technology. Rates go up Jan 19 - save extra 20% with code KDNU.
- 5 things that will be important in data science in 2018 - Jan 11, 2018.
What’s data science going to look like in 2018? How are job roles in the field going to change? Will AI find new ways to capture the public imagination? Learn more from Packt $5 books - on sale till Jan 16.
- How to build a Successful Advanced Analytics Department - Jan 4, 2018.
This article presents our opinions and suggestions on how an Advanced Analytics department should operate. We hope this will be useful for those who want to implement analytics work in their company, as well as for existing departments.
Pages: 1 2
- Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference San Jose, Mar 5-8, 2018 - Dec 20, 2017.
Cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect and merge at Strata Data Conference. Win KDnuggets Pass - submit your entry by Jan 3, 2018.
- 70 Amazing Free Data Sources You Should Know - Dec 20, 2017.
70 free data sources for 2017 on government, crime, health, financial and economic data, marketing and social media, journalism and media, real estate, company directory and review, and more to start working on your data projects.
- Mega-PAW: Largest Predictive Analytics World, Las Vegas, June 2018 – Super Early Bird Discount until Dec 22 - Nov 30, 2017.
In June 2018, Las Vegas will host the largest Predictive Analytics World ever, with PAW Business, Financial, Healthcare, and Manufacturing, and Deep Learning World. Get SEB discount till Dec 22.
- Artificial Intelligence Today: Time to Act - Oct 25, 2017.
The AI and advanced analytics conversation has risen all the way to C-suite. The time has come to act. Jump on the AI train soon or you will be left behind.
- Business intuition in data science - Oct 24, 2017.
Data Science projects are not just use of algorithms & building models; there are other steps of the project which are equally important. Here we explain them in detail.
Pages: 1 2
- The ways that AI can change your business - Oct 20, 2017.
AI technology involves a change in the value chain and represents a major challenge and opportunity for businesses. Managers are directly involved in this challenge, by accompanying the teams through this transition: vanquish fears, embracing innovation, transforming businesses, training teams.
- H2O World 2017: The best of data science, AI, and business transformation, Dec 4-5, Mountain View - Oct 18, 2017.
The flagship H2O World is back to bring together the best of data science, AI, Machine Learning, and business transformation. Spaces are limited, so get a spot at 50% off w. code KDNUGGETS by Oct 21, 2017.
- Three Predictive Analytics Events in NYC – Business, Financial, Healthcare, Oct 29 – Nov 2 - Oct 9, 2017.
Predictive Analytics World, the leading cross-vendor event for data science and machine learning professionals will be at NYC, Oct 29-Nov 2. Pre-conference rates end Oct 27.
- Applied Data Science: Solving a Predictive Maintenance Business Problem - Oct 5, 2017.
The use case involved is to predict the end life of large industrial batteries, which falls under the genre of use cases called preventive maintenance use cases.
Pages: 1 2
- Why your company should invest in #BUSINESSOFBOTS - Sep 29, 2017.
AI is the future of business and AI driven chatbots are the first step in gaining a competitive edge for your company in that future. Attend BUSINESS OF BOTS in San Francisco, Oct 9-11, and save 15% with code KD15.
- Putting the “Science” Back in Data Science - Sep 6, 2017.
The scientific method to approach a problem, in my point of view, is the best way to tackle a problem and offer the best solution. If you start your data analysis by simply stating hypotheses and applying Machine Learning algorithms, this is the wrong way.
- What is the most important step in a machine learning project? - Aug 18, 2017.
In any machine learning project, business understanding is very important. But in practice, it does not get enough attention. Here we explain what questions should be asked.
- What Is Optimization And How Does It Benefit Business? - Aug 10, 2017.
Here we explain what Mathematical Optimisation is, and discuss how it can be applied in business and finance to make decisions.
- Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference NYC, Sep 25-28, 2017 - Aug 3, 2017.
Cutting-edge science and new business fundamentals intersect and merge at Strata Data Conference. Win KDnuggets Pass - submit your entry by Aug 17, 2017.
- Role of the Data Scientist in the B2B Era - Jun 20, 2017.
In businesses everywhere, the digital transformation is spawning a bunch of new job titles. Among them are Chief Data Officer, Big Data Architect and Data Visualizer. All these sought-after specialist data roles are having a major impact on the workplace.
- Data science through the lens of research design - May 16, 2017.
Data science projects may often fail due to a lack of clear definition of the business goal and not because data scientists technical abilities. We examine the connection between data science and research design to help address this issue.
- New Book: Mining Your Own Business - May 15, 2017.
It's an easy-to-read, practical primer for C-level to mid-level executives about how to harness the power of analytics to increase organizational effectiveness.
- They Want to Get Rid of Me! (Data Scientist Lament) - Apr 21, 2017.
We examine “citizen” data scientists and debate between Jeffersonians, who seek to empower everyday worker with data science tools, and Platonists who argue that democratizing data science leads to anarchy and overfitting.
- Top mistakes data scientists make when dealing with business people - Apr 13, 2017.
There are no cover articles praising the fails of the many data scientists that don’t live up to the hype. Here we examine 3 typical mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Predictive Analytics World for Business, June 19-22, Chicago - Feb 20, 2017.
Join your peers at Predictive Analytics World for Business and tap the potential of predictive analytics to optimize business. You will grasp it, own it, and put it to use by learning from the best of the best.
- Ferris State University: Assistant Professor Business Data Analytics - Feb 2, 2017.
Required: Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Statistics, or closely related field. Prior teaching experience at College/University level or at least 2 years work experience in data analysis, statistics, consulting/research or closely related field.
- Big Data and the Internet of Things don’t make business smarter, Analytics and Data Science do - Jan 12, 2017.
Big Data does not convert data into actionable information. Big Data does not create value. But Data Science does, and it does not have to be complex or expensive, or even big.
- How To Stay Competitive In Machine Learning Business - Jan 4, 2017.
To stay competitive in machine learning business, you have to be superior than your rivals and not the best possible – says one of the leading machine learning expert. Simple rules are defined here to make that happen. Let’s see how.
- Uber-fication! Uberize Your Business - Jan 2, 2017.
We examine what Uber has done that drives success in many markets across the globe and why so many businesses are seeking an Uber-style solution to their business. We present a listing of lessons on what to do if you are seeking to Uber-ize your business model.
- PAW Business, NYC Oct 23-27: Last Chance to Save - Oct 18, 2016.
Predictive Analytics World for Business comes to the Jacob Javits Center in New York City, October 23-27. Register by October 22 and get $350 off of onsite rates when combined with KDnuggets reader discount!
- Expert Webinars: the Future of Big Data, Oct 19; How recommendation systems works, Oct 20 - Oct 12, 2016.
By 2020, almost every company will derive value and earn revenue from data. This webinar will explain how Big Data and its related technologies are growing today – and what they might look like tomorrow.
- Here’s How IT Departments are Using Big Data - Oct 10, 2016.
The use cases for big data are clear when it comes to areas like marketing, healthcare, and retail, but IT’s use of big data is a little less clear. Recently, however, some IT departments are finding ways to use big data to improve their individual operations along with that of the entire organization.
- KDnuggets Free Bronze Pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City, Sep 28-29, 2016 - Jul 30, 2016.
Strata + Hadoop World is the leading event on how big data and ubiquitous, real-time computing is shaping the course of business and society. Win KDnuggets free pass to Strata + Hadoop World New York City.
- 4 Simple Ways To Use Data to Grow Your Business in 2016 - Feb 23, 2016.
With the rise of new, affordable, and easy-to-use tools, business owners have started to get a better picture with the data. Here, we introduce you to a couple of these handy analytics tools to manage data within the organization, build customer loyalty and explore it with visualisation.
Pages: 1 2
- CEOs Pursue Data and Analytics for Stakeholder Engagement - Jan 21, 2016.
PWC’s Global CEO Survey highlights the strategic importance of Data and Analytics for achieving wider stakeholder engagement.
- U. of Iowa Tippie College of Business: Business Director, Analytics Academy - Dec 10, 2015.
Lead Business Analytics Career Academy which supports technical, analytical, and leadership skill development for MBA students interested in analytics-related career paths.
- Predictive Analytics + Hadoop = Business Impact, Dec 15 Webinar - Dec 4, 2015.
Learn how to use Predictive Analytics and Hadoop to Turn the Promise of Big Data into Business Impact in this webinar with RapidMiner Founder and CTO Ingo Mierswa and leading Gartner Analyst Merv Adrian.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-7: 60+ Free books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R - Sep 8, 2015.
The one language a Data Scientist must master (it is not R, Python or SQL); 60+ Free #ebooks on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Commonly Misunderstood #Analytics Terms.
- How To Become a Data Scientist And Get Hired - May 1, 2015.
A data scientist should be able to choose the right technology, understand the business context and solve a wide range of problems. To hire the the right data scientist, check the tips list in the post.
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Big Data Opportunities and Challenges - Dec 14, 2014.
We discuss the value of Big Data for SMBs, how Cognitive will impact Big Data, IBM’s distinction from competition, significant trends and more.
- Hiring Data Scientists: What to look for? - Sep 9, 2014.
Know key characteristics of what makes up a good data scientist based upon the three authors’ consulting and research experience, having collaborated with many companies world-wide on the topics of big data and analytics.
- Leeds Business Analytics Conference, Sep 18-19, CU Boulder - Aug 24, 2014.
Top names in business analytics come to the Leeds Analytics conference at CU Boulder, creating a unique opportunity to learn practical applications of analytics today and to network with key analytics professionals.
- April-July 2014 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Apr 1, 2014.
Coming soon - Big Data Innovation Summit (Santa Clara), MLconf NYC, SDM 13, PAW Toronto, PAKDD, AnalyticsWorld Chicago, Future of Consumer Intelligence, Useful Business Analytics Boston, and many more.
- INFORMS: The Business of Big Data Conference, San Jose, June 22-24 - Mar 21, 2014.
The new INFORMS conference would help Analytics Professionals and Operations Researchers to get from data discovery to real business value. Sign up at the early rates until May 23.
- INFORMS Conference on The Business of Big Data, San Jose, June 22-24 - Feb 4, 2014.
The new INFORMS conference would help Analytics Professionals and Operations Researchers to get from data discovery to real business value. Sign up now at the early rates.