- KDnuggets™ News 21:n07, Feb 17: We Don’t Need Data Scientists, We Need Data Engineers; Data Science vs Business Intelligence, Explained - Feb 17, 2021.
Do we need more data engineers than data scientists? Data Science vs Business Intelligence, Explained; Telling a Great Data Story: A Visualization Decision Tree; Essential Math for Data Science: Scalars and Vectors; 7 most recommended skills for a Data Scientist.
- Data Science vs Business Intelligence, Explained - Feb 10, 2021.
Knowing the differences between the business intelligence and data science is more than just a matter of semantics.
- AI and Automation meets BI - Nov 19, 2020.
Organizations use a variety of BI tools to analyze structured data. These tools are used for ad-hoc analysis, and for dashboards and reports that are essential for decision making. In this post, we describe a new set of BI tools that continue this trend.
- Comparing the Top Business Intelligence Tools: Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik vs Domo - Oct 2, 2020.
How smart are your organizations’ decisions? Do you have the right information to make those decisions in the first place?
- Intro to Grafana: Installation, Configuration, and Building the First Dashboard - Dec 10, 2019.
One of the biggest highlights of Grafana is the ability to bring several data sources together in one dashboard with adding rows that will host individual panels. Let's look at installing, configuring, and creating our first dashboard using Grafana.
- How to Become a (Good) Data Scientist – Beginner Guide - Oct 16, 2019.
A guide covering the things you should learn to become a data scientist, including the basics of business intelligence, statistics, programming, and machine learning.
- Advance Your Data and Analytics Skills, Your Way - Apr 8, 2019.
Find the topics and learning style that resonate with you and your team! Join us for essential training in analytics, data management, business intelligence, machine learning, and more. Save 20% on TDWI seminars with code KD20.
- 2019 CDO Virtual Event: Empowering Business Through Data - Jan 24, 2019.
This webinar will discuss the evolution of BI, how new technologies have paved the way for modern data platforms and how to use this data to serve the needs of companies across all departments.
- Serve yourself. The Next-Generation of Data Analytics. Dec 6 Webinar - Nov 29, 2018.
We walk thru the evolution of BI and how new technologies have paved the way for modern data platforms like Looker that can serve the data needs of an entire company.
- BI to AI: Getting Intelligent Insights to Everyone, Oct 30 - Oct 18, 2018.
Tellius is a Search and AI-Powered Analytics Platform that makes it easy for users to ask questions of their business data and discover insights using machine learning, with just a single click.
- From Insights to Value in 90 Minutes – with Snowflake, July 12 Webinar - Jul 2, 2018.
Learn How to Accelerate Data Warehouse Modernization at a Low Cost.
- Discover the Looker Difference, Mar 14 Webinar - Mar 8, 2018.
More than just BI, Looker is a modern data platform that can serve the data needs of an entire company, with a balance of self-service and governance with access to a single-source of truth.
- A Comparative Analysis of Top 6 BI and Data Visualization Tools in 2018 - Feb 22, 2018.
In this article, we will compare the most commonly used platforms and analyze their main features to help you choose one or several platforms that will provide indispensable aid for your work communication.
Pages: 1 2
- 5 Things You Need To Know About Data Science - Feb 19, 2018.
Here are 5 useful things to know about Data Science, including its relationship to BI, Data Mining, Predictive Analytics, and Machine Learning; Data Scientist job prospects; where to learn Data Science; and which algorithms/methods are used by Data Scientists
- Expanding Self-Service BI with AI-Powered Analytics, Feb 22 - Feb 9, 2018.
Learn how AI and machine learning technology will expand adoption of service-service BI by making it easier for business users to answer ad hoc questions and perform advanced analysis on their own.
- DataRobot: Moving from BI to Machine Learning with Automation - Dec 4, 2017.
Analytics industry expert Jen Underwood shares the fast path to developing world-class predictive modeling capabilities.
- Webinar: Business Intelligence & Analytic Solutions for Deeper Insights, Nov 1 - Oct 27, 2017.
The big trend in BI and analytics is to "democratize data" so that business users can access data get business insights themselves. Learn the details in this webcast.
- Actionable Insights: Obliterating BI, Data Warehousing as We Know It - Oct 27, 2017.
There is a big demand of quick insights or real time analytics from business side. But traditional BI or data warehouse architectures lack this realtime functionality. Here we discuss realtime analytics architecture in details.
- The BI & Data Analysis Conundrum: 8 Reasons Why Many Big Data Analytics Solutions Fail to Deliver Value - Jul 26, 2017.
Why many BI & Analytics projects/solutions fail to deliver the business value? Let’s find out the answers to such questions.
- Top Modules and Features of Business Intelligence Tools - Jul 18, 2017.
What makes BI tools great? What features are important while selecting a good BI tool? Let’s have a look.
- Natural Language Generation overview – is NLG is worth a thousand pictures ? - May 23, 2017.
NLG tools automate the analysis and enhance traditional BI platforms by explaining in plain English the significance of visualizations and findings – here is an overview of the market.
- Standardization and Specialization in Analytics, Data Science, and BI - Mar 28, 2017.
We see beginnings of both standardization and specialization, with graduate analytics curriculum that covers math, statistics, CS, IT systems, and communications. We also see specializations in data science and BI, and verticals like marketing and healthcare analytics.
- How to Make Your Database 200x Faster Without Having to Pay More - Nov 22, 2016.
Waiting long for a BI query to execute? I know it’s annoyingly frustrating… It’s a major bottle neck in day-to-day life of a Data Analyst or BI expert. Let’s learn some of the easy to use solutions and a very good explanation of why to use them, along with other advanced technological solutions.
Pages: 1 2 3
- 3 Signs That BI Will Never Be The Same Again - Apr 22, 2016.
Gartner officially deemed 2016 the year of Modern BI and with this new era of BI changes are inevitable. Understand how the traditional BI is reshaping in this data century with Scrollytelling, citizen data scientist and new BI approaches.
- Modern Data Science and Evolution of BI - Jan 26, 2016.
Modern big data discovery tools enable all employees to access the data, streamlining the data prep process, and allowing data scientists to spend more time on advanced analytics. The infographics in this post show the evolution of the data scientist from data drudgery to modern data science for all.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Daqing Zhao, Macys.com on Advanced Analytics for Marketing in the Big Data era - Dec 10, 2014.
We discuss Analytics at Macys.com, comparison of advanced analytics with traditional BI, building data models for scalability, problem of data models becoming quickly obsolete and challenges in customer targeting.
- Sisense 2015 predictions for BI, Big Data - Dec 3, 2014.
Mobile devices, text analytics, Google Glass, and data intelligence will be key to the evolution of business intelligence in 2015 according to Adi Azaria and Eldad Farkash of SiSense.
- Forrester Research: It’s Time For A User-Driven Enterprise BI Strategy - Nov 4, 2014.
This report deconstructs the inherent conflict between IT and business users and presents an innovative action plan that gets both sides aligned in order to win, serve, and retain customers. Download free report.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Mar 11, 2014.
State of BI, Risk Assessment, Data Science Summit, Large-Scale Real-Time Learning, Data Mining: failure to launch, Online fraud detection, and more.
- Objectifi: BI/Java Developer - Feb 12, 2014.
Design and implement BI software and systems, be a key member on the Objectifi team, work directly with and learn from our Professional Services team, and actively on client engagements.