- When good data analyses fail to deliver the results you expect - Nov 3, 2020.
To all those Data Scientists out there who thrive on discovering actionable insights from your data (all of you, right?), take heed from this cautionary tale of a data analysis, a dashboard, and a huge waste of resources.
- Count, the data notebook everyone can use - Jun 9, 2020.
Dashboards have been the primary weapon of choice for distributing data over the last few decades, but they have brought with them a new set of problems. To increasingly democratise access to data we need to think again.
- Best Coronavirus Projections, Predictions, Dashboards and Data Resources - May 6, 2020.
Check out this curated collection of coronavirus-related projections, dashboards, visualizations, and data that we have encountered on the internet.
- Intro to Grafana: Installation, Configuration, and Building the First Dashboard - Dec 10, 2019.
One of the biggest highlights of Grafana is the ability to bring several data sources together in one dashboard with adding rows that will host individual panels. Let's look at installing, configuring, and creating our first dashboard using Grafana.
- Designing Dashboards that Users Actually Like – Free Webcast - Sep 6, 2019.
See how creating a system of purpose-specific displays enables users to quickly get answers to their data-related questions.
- Sisense BloX – Go Beyond Dashboards - Apr 18, 2019.
Introducing Sisense BloX, the tool that allows you to integrate your business platforms inside your dashboards using prebuilt templates. Users stay within the dashboard environment and go from understanding insights to taking action—in one click.
- Avoiding Obvious Insights Using Analyze With Insight Miner - Apr 12, 2019.
Analyze with Insight Miner delivers value for every business user with machine learning. Learn how it was created from Sisense Data Scientist, Ayelet Arditi.
- Because analysis is more than just dashboards - Apr 11, 2019.
Where traditional BI tools often make it easy to build dashboards, Mode makes it easy for you to answer any follow-up questions when you see changes in those dashboards. Choose the level of abstraction you want for a given dataset and quickly get to the story behind the change.
- Don’t do analysis in a vacuum - Feb 22, 2019.
Traditional tools force analysts to play the import-and-export game, so it's difficult to keep data fresh and accessible. Every Mode report or dashboard lives at a unique URL for future sharing, iterating, and building upon. Mode brings your entire team together in one platform.
- In-Depth Training for the Future of Data, Orlando, Nov 11-16 – Save with code KD30 - Oct 30, 2018.
Planning and implementing new data and analytics initiatives can be overwhelming. Join us in Orlando for in-depth training that will give you the needed skills and use code KD30 thru Nov 7 to save.
- IoT on AWS: Machine Learning Models and Dashboards from Sensor Data - Jun 15, 2018.
I developed my first IoT project using my notebook as an IoT device and AWS IoT as infrastructure, with this "simple" idea: collect CPU Temperature from my Notebook running on Ubuntu, send to Amazon AWS IoT, save data, make it available for Machine Learning models and dashboards.
- How To Build Intelligent Dashboards Powered by Machine Learning - Jun 1, 2018.
In this webinar on Jun 5, 1:00 pm ET, analytics industry expert Jen Underwood will demonstrate how to visualize machine learning results with dashboard tools.
- Overview of Dash Python Framework from Plotly for building dashboards - May 31, 2018.
Introduction to Dash framework from Plotly, reactive framework for building dashboards in Python. Tech talk covers basics and more advanced topics like custom component and scaling.
- Webcasts: Finding analytic solutions to real problems - Mar 6, 2018.
The Technically Speaking webcasts provides real-word case studies that deliver key insights on overcoming the challenges with your data collection, preparation, and analysis.
- Webinar: Take Your Data to The Next Level with Embedded Analytics, Nov 16 - Nov 9, 2017.
Learn how data-driven businesses use Looker embedded platform to provide real time, data-driven insights to customers and suppliers.
- Build vs Buy – Analytics Dashboards - Jul 29, 2016.
Read this post on choosing between available analytics dashboard options, and designing your own. Get an informed opinion.
- Embedding Data and Analytics with Looker, Apr 28 Webinar - Apr 14, 2016.
Delivering data and analytics to your customers should be straightforward. The Looker Data Platform allows for easy access to data through a robust API and embeddable charts, tables and dashboards.
- 3 Biggest Challenges of a Data Scientist - Feb 18, 2016.
A data scientist worth his salt uses applications that help him surmount the three key challenges to his job. Here is how ClicData can help.
- Business Analytics Webinars: Practical Training, 7 Live Sessions, Dec 10 - Dec 3, 2015.
Stay ahead of the curve in business analytics with our Dec 10 Webinar Marathon, and watch industry experts deliver 7 back-to-back sessions on hot topics. Register now.
- How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience - Oct 22, 2015.
Any credible media services require a scientific insights, generated by the support of any case more than cold, hard, unbiased data. In this post, you will learn how to use data visualizations to win over your audience.
- Story-Boarding in a D3.js dashboard using Intro.js - Jul 27, 2015.
Building the analytics dashboard using D3.js is a well-known practice now-a-days. Find out, how to enhance understanding of different components and what they actually contain.
- Drag and Drop Visuals in your Interactive Dashboard – Gridster & D3.js - Jul 17, 2015.
One aspect of BI self-service modules is the flexibility for the user to define his own story line and the order in which the user wants to see the visuals. Find out how you can build the rearrangeable dashboards.
- How to reduce Data Hoarding, get Better Visualizations and Decisions - May 21, 2015.
Creating a hodge-podge of pretty pictures of every datapoint is a guaranteed way to destroy the value of a visualization. We examine how to reduce such data hoarding and improve decisions.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 6-7: Great TED talk by @KnCukier “Big Data is better data”; Top 10 One-Person Startups - Oct 8, 2014.
Great TED talk by @KnCukier "Big Data is better data"; Top 10 One-Person Startups; 7 critical elements of effective dashboards and visualizations; Making Sense of Public Data - Wrangling Jeopardy.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 8-10: Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing - Aug 11, 2014.
Forget SQL vs NoSQL. New trend is HTAP: Hybrid Transaction/Analytical Processing; Metrics that Matter - The Key to Perfect Dashboards; Machine Learning Tutorial: The Max Entropy Text Classifier ; Six Thinking Hats and the Life of a Data Scientist.
- Metrics that Matter – The Key to Perfect Dashboards - Aug 9, 2014.
Create the perfect data visualization dashboards by learning what metrics matter most to your users and displaying them prominently within the design of the dashboard.