- Confidence Intervals for XGBoost - May 11, 2021.
Read this article about building a regularized Quantile Regression objective.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Ensemble Learning – Exactly What You Need to Know - May 6, 2021.
This article covers ensemble learning methods, and exactly what you need to know in order to understand and implement them.
- XGBoost Explained: DIY XGBoost Library in Less Than 200 Lines of Python - May 3, 2021.
Understand how XGBoost work with a simple 200 lines codes that implement gradient boosting for decision trees.
- Gradient Boosted Decision Trees – A Conceptual Explanation - Apr 30, 2021.
Gradient boosted decision trees involves implementing several models and aggregating their results. These boosted models have become popular thanks to their performance in machine learning competitions on Kaggle. In this article, we’ll see what gradient boosted decision trees are all about.
- Distributed and Scalable Machine Learning [Webinar] - Feb 17, 2021.
Mike McCarty and Gil Forsyth work at the Capital One Center for Machine Learning, where they are building internal PyData libraries that scale with Dask and RAPIDS. For this webinar, Feb 23 @ 2 pm PST, 5pm EST, they’ll join Hugo Bowne-Anderson and Matthew Rocklin to discuss their journey to scale data science and machine learning in Python.
- Machine Learning – it’s all about assumptions - Feb 11, 2021.
Just as with most things in life, assumptions can directly lead to success or failure. Similarly in machine learning, appreciating the assumed logic behind machine learning techniques will guide you toward applying the best tool for the data.
- XGBoost: What it is, and when to use it - Dec 23, 2020.
XGBoost is a tree based ensemble machine learning algorithm which is a scalable machine learning system for tree boosting. Read more for an overview of the parameters that make it work, and when you would use the algorithm.
- Time Series Classification Synthetic vs Real Financial Time Series - Mar 18, 2020.
This article discusses distinguishing between real financial time series and synthetic time series using XGBoost.
- Many Heads Are Better Than One: The Case For Ensemble Learning - Sep 13, 2019.
While ensembling techniques are notoriously hard to set up, operate, and explain, with the latest modeling, explainability and monitoring tools, they can produce more accurate and stable predictions. And better predictions can be better for business.
- Comparing Decision Tree Algorithms: Random Forest® vs. XGBoost - Aug 21, 2019.
Check out this tutorial walking you through a comparison of XGBoost and Random Forest. You'll learn how to create a decision tree, how to do tree bagging, and how to do tree boosting.
- XGBoost and Random Forest® with Bayesian Optimisation - Jul 8, 2019.
This article will explain how to use XGBoost and Random Forest with Bayesian Optimisation, and will discuss the main pros and cons of these methods.
- Clearing air around “Boosting” - Jun 3, 2019.
We explain the reasoning behind the massive success of boosting algorithms, how it came to be and what we can expect from them in the future.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 01-07: The 3 Biggest Mistakes in Learning Data Science; ReinforcementLearning vs. Differentiable Programming; XGBoost Reign - May 8, 2019.
Also XGBoost Algorithm: Long May She Reign; CycleGANs to Create Computer-Generated #Art - #GANs #DeepLearning; Another 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science.
- XGBoost Algorithm: Long May She Reign - May 2, 2019.
In recent years, XGBoost algorithm has gained enormous popularity in academic as well as business world. We outline some of the reasons behind this incredible success.
- Modeling Price with Regularized Linear Model & XGBoost - May 2, 2019.
We are going to implement regularization techniques for linear regression of house pricing data. Our goal in price modeling is to model the pattern and ignore the noise.
- XGBoost on GPUs: Unlocking Machine Learning Performance and Productivity - Dec 7, 2018.
On Dec 18, 11:00 AM PT, join NVIDIA for a technical deep dive into GPU-accelerated machine learning, to exploring the benefits of XGBoost on GPUs and much more.
- Unveiling Mathematics Behind XGBoost - Aug 14, 2018.
Follow me till the end, and I assure you will atleast get a sense of what is happening underneath the revolutionary machine learning model.
- Data Scientist Interviews Demystified - Aug 2, 2018.
We look at typical questions in a data science interview, examine the rationale for such questions, and hope to demystify the interview process for recent graduates and aspiring data scientists.
- Top 20 Python Libraries for Data Science in 2018 - Jun 27, 2018.
Our selection actually contains more than 20 libraries, as some of them are alternatives to each other and solve the same problem. Therefore we have grouped them as it's difficult to distinguish one particular leader at the moment.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n13, Mar 28: Where did you apply Data Science/ML? 12 Essential Command Line Tools for Data Scientists - Mar 28, 2018.
Also: 8 Common Pitfalls That Can Ruin Your Prediction; Text Data Preprocessing: A Walkthrough in Python; CatBoost vs. Light GBM vs. XGBoost.
- CatBoost vs. Light GBM vs. XGBoost - Mar 22, 2018.
Who is going to win this war of predictions and on what cost? Let’s explore.
- Introduction to Python Ensembles - Feb 9, 2018.
In this post, we'll take you through the basics of ensembles — what they are and why they work so well — and provide a hands-on tutorial for building basic ensembles.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n04, Jan 24: TensorFlow vs XGBoost; Machine Learning Pipelines in Python; Semi-Supervised Machine Learning - Jan 24, 2018.
Gradient Boosting in TensorFlow vs XGBoost; Managing Machine Learning Workflows with Scikit-learn Pipelines Part 2; Using Genetic Algorithm for Optimizing Recurrent Neural Networks; The Value of Semi-Supervised Machine Learning; Comparing Machine Learning as a Service: Amazon, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud AI
- Gradient Boosting in TensorFlow vs XGBoost - Jan 18, 2018.
For many Kaggle-style data mining problems, XGBoost has been the go-to solution since its release in 2016. It's probably as close to an out-of-the-box machine learning algorithm as you can get today.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 10-16: The Art of Learning #DataScience; Gradient Boosting in #TensorFlow vs XGBoost - Jan 17, 2018.
Also Japanese scientists just used #AI #DeepLearning to read minds and it's amazing; Using #DeepLearning to Solve Real World Problems.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n42, Nov 1: 7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby - Nov 1, 2017.
7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby; Neural Networks, Step 1: Where to Begin with Neural Nets & Deep Learning; XGBoost: A Concise Technical Overview; AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI
- XGBoost: A Concise Technical Overview - Oct 27, 2017.
Interested in learning the concepts behind XGBoost, rather than just using it as a black box? Or, are you looking for a concise introduction to XGBoost? Then, this article is for you. Includes a Python implementation and links to other basic Python and R codes as well.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n38, Oct 4: What Blockchains Mean to Big Data; Keras Deep Learning Cheat Sheet; Machine Learning in Finance - Oct 4, 2017.
Also: XGBoost, a Top Machine Learning Method on Kaggle, Explained; How to win Kaggle competition based on NLP task, if you are not an NLP expert; Fundamental Breakthrough in 2 Decade Old Algorithm Redefines Big Data Benchmarks
- Lessons Learned From Benchmarking Fast Machine Learning Algorithms - Aug 16, 2017.
Boosted decision trees are responsible for more than half of the winning solutions in machine learning challenges hosted at Kaggle, and require minimal tuning. We evaluate two popular tree boosting software packages: XGBoost and LightGBM and draw 4 important lessons.
- Predictive Data Science in R, Santa Clara, Sep 16 - Jul 28, 2017.
The class lectures include best practices of setting up a data mining project and preprocessing, going through a first sprint in R, using RStudio and packages like data.table, xgboost, trees and neural nets and caret.
- Dask and Pandas and XGBoost: Playing nicely between distributed systems - Apr 27, 2017.
This blogpost gives a quick example using Dask.dataframe to do distributed Pandas data wrangling, then using a new dask-xgboost package to setup an XGBoost cluster inside the Dask cluster and perform the handoff.
- A Simple XGBoost Tutorial Using the Iris Dataset - Mar 7, 2017.
This is an overview of the XGBoost machine learning algorithm, which is fast and shows good results. This example uses multiclass prediction with the Iris dataset from Scikit-learn.
- Stacking Models for Improved Predictions - Feb 21, 2017.
This post presents an example of regression model stacking, and proceeds by using XGBoost, Neural Networks, and Support Vector Regression to predict house prices.
- Going to War with the Giants: Automated Machine Learning with MLJAR - Jan 19, 2017.
The performance of automated machine learning tool MLJAR on Kaggle competition data is presented in comparison with those from other predictive APIs from Amazon, Google, PredicSis and BigML.
- XGBoost: Implementing the Winningest Kaggle Algorithm in Spark and Flink - Mar 24, 2016.
An overview of XGBoost4J, a JVM-based implementation of XGBoost, one of the most successful recent machine learning algorithms in Kaggle competitions, with distributed support for Spark and Flink.