- KDnuggets™ News 20:n13, Apr 1: Effective visualizations for pandemic storytelling; Machine learning for time series forecasting - Apr 1, 2020.
This week, read about the power of effective visualizations for pandemic storytelling; see how (not) to use machine learning for time series forecasting; learn about a deep learning breakthrough: a sub-linear deep learning algorithm that does not need a GPU?; familiarize yourself with how to painlessly analyze your time series; check out what can we learn from the latest coronavirus trends; and... KDnuggets topics?!? Also, much more.
- Introducing Dask-SearchCV: Distributed hyperparameter optimization with Scikit-Learn - May 12, 2017.
We introduce a new library for doing distributed hyperparameter optimization with Scikit-Learn estimators. We compare it to the existing Scikit-Learn implementations, and discuss when it may be useful compared to other approaches.
- Introducing Dask for Parallel Programming: An Interview with Project Lead Developer - Sep 7, 2016.
Introducing Dask, a flexible parallel computing library for analytics. Learn more about this project built with interactive data science in mind in an interview with its lead developer.
- 3 Key Trends in the DBMS Market - May 3, 2014.
The top 3 trends in DBMS include market consolidation, moving beyond OLTP, and distributed computing - we examine them in detail.
- DEAP, Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python, Framework for Rapid Prototyping - Feb 20, 2014.
DEAP is a novel evolutionary computation framework for rapid prototyping and testing of ideas, seeking to make algorithms explicit and data structures transparent. Free Download.