- These Soft Skills Can Make or Break Your Data Science Career - May 25, 2021.
In an industry long ruled by hard skills, the future career success of tomorrow’s data scientists might well depend on their ability to deploy a variety of soft skills into the workplace.
Career Advice, Communication, Data Science, Data Science Skills, Decision Making
- How A Single Source of Truth Can Benefit Your Organization - Aug 7, 2020.
A single source of truth provides stakeholders with a clear picture of the enterprise assets and the potential complications that can disrupt the data strategy. Find out how you can implement this single source of truth in your enterprise ecosystem.
Business Intelligence, Data Management, Data Quality, Decision Making
- Autonomy – Do we have the choice? - Nov 21, 2018.
Choice of taking decision or not taking a decision requires a free will. Machines do not have free will. They do what they do, some machines do intelligent things but not with choice. Interesting question to think is - what is choice? or what is autonomy?
AI, Decision Making, Human Intelligence, Humans
- What on earth is data science? - Sep 4, 2018.
An overview and discussion around data science, covering the history behind the term, data mining, statistical inference, machine learning, data engineering and more.
Data Mining, Data Science, Decision Making, Statistics
- Control Structures in R: Using If-Else Statements and Loops - Feb 23, 2018.
Control structures allow you to specify the execution of your code. They are extremely useful if you want to run a piece of code multiple times, or if you want to run a piece a code if a certain condition is met.
Decision Making, Programming Languages, R
- What Is Optimization And How Does It Benefit Business? - Aug 10, 2017.
Here we explain what Mathematical Optimisation is, and discuss how it can be applied in business and finance to make decisions.
Business, Credit Risk, Decision Making, Optimization
- Machine Learning Meets Humans – Insights from HUML 2016 - Jan 6, 2017.
Report from an important IEEE workshop on Human Use of Machine Learning, covering trust, responsibility, the value of explanation, safety of machine learning, discrimination in human vs. machine decision making, and more.
Pages: 1 2
AI, Bias, Decision Making, Humans, Machine Learning, Privacy, Safety, Transparency, Trust
- Kanri Distance approach for translating Predictive Models to Actions - Dec 24, 2015.
Kanri proprietary combination of patented statistical and process methods provides a uniquely powerful and insightful ability to evaluate large data sets with multiple variables.
Pages: 1 2 3
Decision Making, Decision Science, Predictive Analytics
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Actionable Insights – Easier Said Than Done - Jul 14, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Visa, adapting to the Big Data world, gaps between expectations and delivery from Analytics, delivering Actionable Insights, and tools/technologies used.
A/B Testing, Analytics, Decision Making, Insights, Interview, Ramkumar Ravichandran, Tools, Visa
- Interview: Anil Gadre, MapR on What it takes to Automate Data-to-Action? - Jun 23, 2015.
We discuss how analytics can impact the business “as-it-happens”, merging business analytics with production operations, transition challenges, and recently announced partnership with Teradata.
Anil Gadre, Business Analytics, Decision Making, Hadoop, Interview, MapR, Realtime Analytics, Teradata
- 10 reasons why I love data and analytics - Jun 22, 2015.
As data science getting more and more traction in all the major industries. So, in this new, exciting and challenging field there are lots of opportunities. Here are few reasons why you should be a part of this.
Big Data, Data Science, Decision Making, Predictive Analytics
- Interview: Josh Hemann, Activision on Taming the Beast of Gaming Big Data - Mar 11, 2015.
We discuss Analytics challenges at Activision, event data from games such as Call of Duty, balancing aesthetics and inference in visualization, problem with stacked charts and more.
Activision, Call of Duty, Data Visualization, Decision Making, Design, Gaming, Josh Hemann, Video Games
- Interview: Lei Shi, ChinaHR.com on Unraveling Insights from Unstructured Data - Mar 7, 2015.
We discuss challenges in leveraging Big Data, important attributes while profiling employers and job seekers, competitive landscape, desired skills in data scientists and more.
Competition, Decision Making, Hiring, Interview, Jobs, Machine Learning, Trends
- Interview: Nicholas Marko, Geisinger on Building the Analytics Culture for Healthcare - Feb 26, 2015.
We discuss how to establish credibility of data analytics, recommendations for a data-driven culture, analytics challenges in healthcare and more.
Analytics, Data-Driven Business, Decision Making, Geisinger Health System, Healthcare, Nicholas Marko
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Decision Science as a Service and Data Science curriculum - May 31, 2014.
We discuss Kirk's role at Syntasa, the concept of "Decision Science as a Service", key components of a well-designed Data Science education curriculum, advice for young aspirants and more.
Advice, Decision Making, Education, Interview, Kirk D. Borne, Skills, Syntasa
- Three ways to extract business value from analytics - Apr 4, 2014.
Data Driven Business recently interviewed 9 corporate analytics experts from companies like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal Paris, and Google about current trends in analytics and what companies should focus on in 2014 and found 3 main area of focus.
Business Value, Data Integration, Data Leadership, Decision Making, Personalization
- New book: Big Data, Mining, and Analytics: Components of Strategic Decision Making - Mar 15, 2014.
This book ties together big data, data mining, and analytics to explain how readers can leverage them to extract valuable insights from their data.
Book, Business Intelligence, Decision Making, Text Mining, Tom Davenport