- Data Science Programming Languages and When To Use Them - Feb 4, 2022.
Read this guide through the most common data science programming languages and when to use them in data science.
- What Makes Python An Ideal Programming Language For Startups - Dec 31, 2021.
In this blog, we will discuss what makes Python so popular, its features, and why you should consider Python as a programming language for your startup.
- Stack Overflow Survey Data Science Highlights - Aug 20, 2021.
The results of the 2021 Stack Overflow Developer Survey were recently released, which is a fascinating snapshot of today's developers and the tools they are using. Have a look at some selections from the report, particularly those which may be of interest to data professionals.
- Why Learn Python? Here Are 8 Data-Driven Reasons - Jul 10, 2020.
Through this blog, I will list out the major reasons why you should learn Python and the 8 major data-driven reasons for learning it.
- Can Java Be Used for Machine Learning and Data Science? - Apr 14, 2020.
While Python and R have become favorites for building these programs, many organizations are turning to Java application development to meet their needs. Read on to see how, and why.
- Why Python is One of the Most Preferred Languages for Data Science? - Jan 3, 2020.
Why do most data scientists love Python? Learn more about how so many well-developed Python packages can help you accomplish your crucial data science tasks.
- Data Science for Managers: Programming Languages - Nov 19, 2019.
In this article, we are going to talk about popular languages for Data Science and briefly describe each of them.
- Introducing Gen: MIT’s New Language That Wants to be the TensorFlow of Programmable Inference - Jul 12, 2019.
Researchers from MIT recently unveiled a new probabilistic programming language named Gen, a language which allow researchers to write models and algorithms from multiple fields where AI techniques are applied without having to deal with equations or manually write high-performance code.
- 2019 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2019.
Vote in KDnuggets 20th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will publish the anon data, results, and trends here.
- How to DIY Your Data Science Education - Apr 3, 2019.
Some people find the path of formal education works well for them, but this may not work for everyone, in every situation. Here are eight ways that you can take a DIY approach to your data science education.
- Data Science Predicting The Future - Jun 19, 2018.
In this article we will expand on the knowledge learnt from the last article - The What, Where and How of Data for Data Science - and consider how data science is applied to predict the future.
- Control Structures in R: Using If-Else Statements and Loops - Feb 23, 2018.
Control structures allow you to specify the execution of your code. They are extremely useful if you want to run a piece of code multiple times, or if you want to run a piece a code if a certain condition is met.
- 6 Reasons Why Python Is Suddenly Super Popular - Jul 25, 2017.
Python is a general-purpose language — sometimes referred to as utilitarian — which is designed to be simple to read and write. The point that it’s not a complex language is important.
- What Do Frameworks Offer Data Scientists that Programming Languages Lack? - May 2, 2017.
While programming languages will never be completely obsolete, a growing number of programmers (and data scientists) prefer working with frameworks and view them as the more modern and cutting-edge option for a number of reasons.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n02, Jan 18: Most Popular Language For Machine Learning; Analytics & Data Science Make Business Smarter - Jan 18, 2017.
The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science; Analytics & Data Science Make Business Smarter; Exclusive: Interview with Jeremy Howard on Deep Learning, Kaggle, Data Science; 90 Active Blogs on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science
- The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science Is … - Jan 11, 2017.
When it comes to choosing programming language for Data Analytics projects or job prospects, people have different opinions depending on their career backgrounds and domains they worked in. Here is the analysis of data from indeed.com with respect to choice of programming language for machine learning and data science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 14-20: Why we need #DataScience: brain wont let us see 12 black dots at intersection - Sep 21, 2016.
Why we need #DataScience: brain won't let us see 12 black dots at intersections; #Blurring sensitive info no longer safe! #MachineLearning can recover originals ;Pokemon Go Data; The #NeuralNetwork Zoo - Great chart of different configurations.
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career - Aug 11, 2016.
A short, carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand what Data Science is all about and how you can best prepare for a career in data science, big data, and data analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 27 – Aug 2: Understanding neural networks with Google TensorFlow Playground; Getting Started with Data Science in Python - Aug 3, 2016.
Understanding neural networks with Google TensorFlow Playground; The 100 Best-Funded #Analytics #DataScience #Startups; Great tutorial: Getting Started with #DataScience - #Python; #MachineLearning over 1M hotel reviews: interesting insights.
- KxCon2016, International kdb+ programmer conference, May 19-22, Montauk, NY - Apr 22, 2016.
Kdb+ time-series database provides high performance analytics on very large-scale datasets. Kdb+ users and coders will gather for KxCon2016, 3 days of presentations and hands-on workshops.
- Fastest Growing Programming Languages and Computing Frameworks - Mar 7, 2016.
A new model for ranking programming languages and predicting the growth of user adoption. Includes current language rankings and predictions.
- R Style Ninjas: New Lifestyle Site for R Enthusiasts - Dec 11, 2015.
New R themed apparel site with several designs generated from R data visualizations. A portion of each purchase goes toward supporting R development.
- The one language a Data Scientist must master - Sep 1, 2015.
Getting started with the data science, and wondering which language to pick up and technology to explore. But, that is secondary, every business is structured differently and to understand it and build on top of it, is the crux of data science.
- New Poll: Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science? - Jun 22, 2015.
The Data Science Championship fight - R vs Python: What was your Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science tasks?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 6-13: Languages have more “happy” words, esp. Spanish; Popular similarity measures in Python - Apr 14, 2015.
Languages have more "happy" words than unhappy; 5 most popular #similarity measures implementation in Python; Brilliant! Dilbert on Resume embellishing: if engineer, fire him; if marketer ...; Top programming languages change rapidly: SQL, C#, C++ down, Python, Node.js up.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-22: History of Data Science across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015 - Feb 23, 2015.
History of #DataScience across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31% ...; #BigData reveals how information travels: 8 clusters in Europe; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search: finding faces no longer unique to humans.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-17: Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015; History of Data Science across 5 strands - Feb 18, 2015.
Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31%, Java 20%, C++ 9.8%; History of #DataScience across 5 strands: CS, #Data, #Visualization, Math, Stats; IBM Verse new messaging software will use #Watson to declutter your inbox; Doctors store 1,600 digital #hearts for #BigData study.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-20: 15 programming languages you need to know in 2015; R Programming fun: writing a Twitter bot - Jan 21, 2015.
15 #programming languages you need to know in 2015; #Facebook open sources its cutting-edge #DeepLearning tools; Simple Pictures that State-of-the-Art #AI Can't Recognize (yet); R Programming fun: writing a Twitter bot.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 5-11: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - Jan 12, 2015.
New book: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, by top #DataScience experts; #DeepLearning in a Nutshell: what it is, how does it work, and why; Programming languages popularity by US state; 4 ways to identify the best #data #tools.
- Top stories for Jan 4-10: 11 Clever Methods of Overfitting; Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data - Jan 11, 2015.
11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them; Causation vs Correlation: Visualization, Statistics, and Intuition; Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data key trends, top papers; Differential Privacy: How to make Privacy and Data Mining Compatible.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 7-8: Programming languages popularity by US state; Machine Learning best practices from Kaggle competitions - Jan 9, 2015.
Programming languages popularity by US state; Why Ayasdi Topological Data Analysis Works - real data frequently is nonlinear; Learning Data Science and Predictive Modeling at Your Own Pace; Great talk: Machine Learning best practices from Kaggle competitions.
- Top stories in December: If programming languages were vehicles; Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations - Jan 2, 2015.
If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations; Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything; IBM Watson Analytics vs. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning.
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in October - Dec 29, 2014.
Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama; Air traffic data is being analyzed to predict Ebola Spread; A Great Collection of #MachineLearning Algorithms; Best Programming Language for Machine Learning.
- Interview: Peter Alvaro, UC Berkeley, on Managing Asynchrony and Partial Failure - Dec 18, 2014.
We discuss the challenges in simultaneously managing asynchrony and partial failure, the problem of composition, research motivation, trends and more.
- Top stories for Dec 7-13: Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is Applied; Neural Networks, Brain, and Machine Learning - Dec 14, 2014.
If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL?; Tableau Top 10 Trends in BI for 2015; Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
- KDnuggets 14:n33, Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied; Top trends for 2015 - Dec 10, 2014.
Also: If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? 2nd look at Geoff Hinton AMA; Stop ignoring your text data, and more Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Dec 1-7: Hilarious ! If programming languages were vehicles; Big Data Scientists have the highest salaries - Dec 8, 2014.
Hilarious! If programming languages were vehicles; Data Scientists who know #BigData tools have the highest salaries; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning; Scary! Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century.
- If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? - Dec 6, 2014.
We expand on the idea "If programming languages were vehicles" and examine what would be the main languages for data science: R, Python, SAS, and SQL?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 1-2: Hilarious: If programming languages were vehicles; How Google Translates Pictures Into Words - Dec 3, 2014.
Hilarious: If programming languages were vehicles; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning, #BigData; Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century; Forbes 50 Most Innovative Companies 3x more likely to use #BigData Analytics.