- Coronavirus Data and Poll Analysis – yes, there is hope, if we act now - Mar 23, 2020.
We examine the growth of coronavirus daily cases in most affected countries, and show evidence that social distancing works in reducing the rate of spread. We also analyze KDnuggets Poll results - the scale of change to online and how Data Science work is likely to increase or drop in different regions. Stay Healthy and practice social distancing!
- A Comprehensive Data Repository for Fake Health News Detection - Mar 19, 2020.
We introduce the FakeHealth, a new data repository for fake health news detection. Following a preliminary analysis to demonstrate its features, we consider additional potential directions for better identifying fake news.
- What is the most effective policy response to the new coronavirus pandemic? - Mar 19, 2020.
Where Test/Trace/Quarantine are working, the number of cases/day have declined empirically. Furthermore, this appears to be a radically superior strategy where it can be deployed. I’ll review the evidence, discuss the other strategies and their consequences, and then discuss what can be done.
- Covid-19, your community, and you — a data science perspective - Mar 11, 2020.
Let's talk about covid-19; the reality, the numbers, and the data science.
- New Poll: Coronavirus impact on AI/Data Science/Machine Learning community - Mar 10, 2020.
Has coronavirus impacted your conference or other travel plans, and do you anticipate it causing further professional or educational disruption in the near future? Take part in the new KDnuggets poll and have your say.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n07, Feb 19: 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms for 2020; Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job? - Feb 19, 2020.
This week on KDnuggets: 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms You Need to Know in 2020; Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job?; Fourier Transformation for a Data Scientist; Math for Programmers; Deep Neural Networks; Practical Hyperparameter Optimization; and much more!
- Using the Fitbit Web API with Python - Feb 18, 2020.
Fitbit provides a Web API for accessing data from Fitbit activity trackers. Check out this updated tutorial to accessing this Fitbit data using the API with Python.
- Audio File Processing: ECG Audio Using Python - Feb 4, 2020.
In this post, we will look into an application of audio file processing, for a good cause — Analysis of ECG Heart beat and write code in python.
- 5 Ways AI Is Changing The Healthcare Industry - Jan 7, 2020.
The healthcare AI market is expected to reach 28 billion dollars by the year 2025. With such exponential growth, AI is undoubtedly likely to bring some drastic changes in the healthcare industry. Let’s look at five ways of how AI has changed the healthcare industry.
- Monash University: Lecturers / Senior Lecturers – Digital Health, Image Analytics [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 19, 2019.
Monash is seeking 2 x Lecturer / Senior Lecturer within the space of Digital Health - Image Analytics. Digital Health is a fascinating cross-university, cross-faculty, multidisciplinary space with enormous practical real-world and societal benefits that draws from and contributes to a multiplicity of research areas.
- Monash University: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer – Digital Health [Melbourne, Australia] - Nov 22, 2018.
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will make contributions to the teaching effort of the university, with their research focused on, and provide advice on image analytics processes and methodologies and impacts on staff and patients.
- Leveraging Agent-based Models (ABM) and Digital Twins to Prevent Injuries - Aug 22, 2018.
Both athletes and machines deal with inter-twined complex systems (where the interactions of one complex system can have a ripple effect on others) that can have significant impact on their operational effectiveness.
- K-Means in Real Life: Clustering Workout Sessions - Aug 3, 2018.
By using the within-cluster sum of squares as cost function, data points in the same cluster will be similar to each other, whereas data points in different clusters will have a lower level of similarity.
- Monash U: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer Digital Health - May 28, 2018.
Seeking up to 6 exceptional academics to take an active role in the Digital Health agenda. These will be continuing level B/C teaching and research positions (equivalent to tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor).
- 70 Amazing Free Data Sources You Should Know - Dec 20, 2017.
70 free data sources for 2017 on government, crime, health, financial and economic data, marketing and social media, journalism and media, real estate, company directory and review, and more to start working on your data projects.
- Predicting State Healthcare Quality – at Predictive Analytics World Healthcare – Oct 29 – Nov 2 - Oct 16, 2017.
In anticipation of his upcoming conference presentation at Predictive Analytics World for Healthcare in New York, Oct 29–Nov 2, we asked Feras Batarseh, Research Assistant Professor, George Mason University a few questions about incorporating predictive analytics into healthcare.
- Using Predictive Algorithms to Track Real Time Health Trends - Nov 4, 2016.
How to build a real-time health dashboard for tracking a person blood pressure readings, do time series analysis, and then graph the trends over time using predictive algorithms.
Pages: 1 2
- Microsoft Machine Learning Competition – Improve Women Health - Sep 16, 2016.
Enter Microsoft Women Health Risk Assessment competition, develop machine learning solutions to accurately categorize young women for their particular health risk. Enter now - submissions due Sep 30.
- Interview: Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis on Deriving Value from Big Data through Smart Data - Jan 14, 2015.
We discuss the definition of Smart Data, how to derive Smart Data from Big Data, maturity assessment for Smart Data pursuit, computing for human experience and Kno.e.sis.
- BIME Business Intelligence Predictions for 2015 - Dec 26, 2014.
Business intelligence in 2015 will see greater social media involvement, data mining applications, health data analysis, data-driven drones, and BI in the cloud.
- Stanford: Postdoctoral Position in Data Mining of Human Activity - Nov 20, 2014.
Stanford University's newly-established Mobility Center has several openings for postdoctoral candidates interested in researching the intersection of human health and machine learning.