- A Comprehensive Data Repository for Fake Health News Detection - Mar 19, 2020.
We introduce the FakeHealth, a new data repository for fake health news detection. Following a preliminary analysis to demonstrate its features, we consider additional potential directions for better identifying fake news.
- Beyond news contents: the role of social context for fake news detection - Mar 7, 2019.
Today we’re looking at a more general fake news problem: detecting fake news that is being spread on a social network. This is a summary of a recent paper which demonstrates why we should also look at the social context: the publishers and the users spreading the information!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 18-24: Chihuahua or muffin? The #DataScience Project Playbook - Oct 25, 2017.
Chihuahua or muffin? My search for the best computer vision API; Could #AI Be the Future of #FakeNews and Product Reviews? 7 Types of Artificial #NeuralNetworks for NLP.
- A Quick Guide to Fake News Detection on Social Media - Oct 10, 2017.
Fake news is an important issue on social media. This article provides an overview of fake news characterization and detection in Data Science and Machine Learning research.
- Will AI kill us all after taking our jobs? - Sep 15, 2017.
We are now in the middle of an AI hype wave which will decline. This is why I think that AI will take 100 or more years to become sentient, only after completely different AI systems will be created.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Study of “Unite The Right” and social media - Sep 14, 2017.
In response to the violence in Charlottesville, the Data Science Institute at the U. of Virginia is undertaking a unique project to help understand the ways people use social media to physically, and politically engage in the world around them.
- Are Data Lakes Fake News? - Sep 6, 2017.
The quick answer is yes, and the biggest problem is that the term “Data Lakes” has been overloaded by vendors and analysts with different meanings, resulting in an ill-defined and blurry concept.
- Machine Learning and Misinformation - Jul 27, 2017.
The creative aspects of machine learning are overshadowed by visions of an autonomous future, but machine learning is a powerful tool for communication. Most machine learning in today’s products is related to understanding.
Pages: 1 2
- Why Data Science Argues against a Muslim Ban - Jun 24, 2017.
From the perspective of data science, a Muslim ban would weaken security, not strengthen it.
- Machine Learning Finds “Fake News” with 88% Accuracy - Apr 12, 2017.
In this post, the author assembles a dataset of fake and real news and employs a Naive Bayes classifier in order to create a model to classify an article as fake or real based on its words and phrases.
- Does the Muslim Ban Make Us Safer?: Data Science vs Fake News - Apr 5, 2017.
An obvious metric we can look at for how much harm terrorists from the banned countries do to America is looking at the number of people killed on American soil by terrorists from these countries.
- Beware of Two Data Obfuscation Tactics - Apr 3, 2017.
We examine 2 common tactics by data "skeptics": demanding more precision and demanding unanimity. These techniques are especially effective against data scientists, who should be aware of them, and able to counteract them.
- Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World 2017 San Jose, Day 2 - Mar 29, 2017.
The focus is increasingly shifting from storing and processing Big Data in an efficient way, to applying traditional and new machine learning techniques to drive higher value from the data at hand.
- It’s Getting Hot In Here: Data Science vs Fake News - Mar 29, 2017.
While some opponents still hold the misconception that the 'science is not yet in' on the culprit, the scientific community has long reached a consensus to the drivers behind the increase in global temperatures.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n12, Mar 29: Getting Started with Deep Learning; Thinking Like a Data Scientist; What is Data Science?!? - Mar 29, 2017.
Getting Started with Deep Learning; Thinking Like a Data Scientist; What Is Data Science, and What Does a Data Scientist Do?; Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World; Deep Learning, Generative Adversarial Networks & Boxing
- What Happened Last Night in Sweden: Data Science vs Fake News - Mar 22, 2017.
During a rally in February, President Trump had these disparaging words about Sweden’s humane immigration policy... but nothing of note actually happened the previous night in Sweden.
- Proxy Indicators: beware of spurious claims - Mar 16, 2017.
Beware of online and market research studies which can lead to false or spurious claims. We examine several notable examples including Google Street View and Argentina inflation.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n08, Mar 1: Deep Learning Frameworks Dissected; Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms - Mar 1, 2017.
The Anatomy of Deep Learning Frameworks; Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers; Data Science vs Fake News Contest; An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks; Moving from R to Python: The Libraries You Need to Know
- Data Science vs Fake News Contest - Feb 27, 2017.
Submit a story that clearly exposes a false claim in the news, using data and visualization. This contest is sponsored by KDnuggets, Data For Democracy, and data.world. Submissions due March 10, 2017.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n46, Dec 28: 4 Reasons Your Machine Learning Model is Wrong; Deep Learning for coders MOOC - Dec 28, 2016.
First Deep Learning for coders MOOC launched by Jeremy Howard; 4 Reasons Your Machine Learning Model is Wrong; 5 Capability Levels of Deep Learning Intelligence; Data Science Basics: Power Laws and Distributions.
- How I Detect Fake News, by Tim O’Reilly - Dec 26, 2016.
Read how Tim O'Reilly traced the falsity of one internet meme, and what that teaches us about how an algorithm might do it.