- Data Science & Analytics Industry Main Developments in 2021 and Key Trends for 2022 - Dec 14, 2021.
We have solicited insights from experts at industry-leading companies, asking: "What were the main AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Developments in 2021 and what key trends do you expect in 2022?" Read their opinions here.
2022 Predictions, AI, Analytics, Cloud, Data Lake, Data Science, Data Warehouse, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Synthetic Data
- The Seven Best ELT Tools for Data Warehouses - Dec 1, 2021.
ELT helps to streamline the process of modern data warehousing and managing a business’ data. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the best ELT tools to help you clean and transfer important data to your data warehouse.
Data Science Tools, Data Warehouse, ELT, ETL
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n24, Jun 30: What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years?; Add A New Dimension To Your Photos Using Python - Jun 30, 2021.
What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years? Will Data Scientists be extinct?; Add A New Dimension To Your Photos Using Python; Data Scientists are from Mars and Software Developers are from Venus; How to Train a Joint Entities and Relation Extraction Classifier using BERT Transformer with spaCy 3; In-Warehouse Machine Learning and the Modern Data Science Stack
Data Science, Data Scientist, Data Warehouse, Image Processing, Machine Learning, NLP, Python, Software Developer
- In-Warehouse Machine Learning and the Modern Data Science Stack - Jun 24, 2021.
As your organization matures its data science portfolio and capabilities, establishing a modern data stack is vital to enabling such growth. Here, we overview various in-data warehouse machine learning services, and discuss each of their benefits and requirements.
Amazon Redshift, Analytics, BigQuery, Cloud, Data Science, Data Warehouse, Machine Learning, Modern Data Stack
- BigQuery vs Snowflake: A Comparison of Data Warehouse Giants - Jun 3, 2021.
In this article we are going to compare the two topmost data warehouses: BigQuery and Snowflake.
BigQuery, Data Warehouse, Snowflake
- ETL in the Cloud: Transforming Big Data Analytics with Data Warehouse Automation - Apr 15, 2021.
Today, organizations are increasingly implementing cloud ETL tools to handle large data sets. With data sets becoming larger by the day, unified ETL tools have become crucial for data integration needs of enterprises.
Automation, Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Cloud, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, ETL
- Data vault: new weaponry in your data science toolkit - Mar 31, 2021.
Data Vault is a modern data modelling approach for capturing (historical) data in a structurally auditable and tractable way. While very helpful for data engineers, the Data Vault also enables Data Science in practice.
Business, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Science Tools, Data Warehouse
- Cloud Data Warehouse is The Future of Data Storage - Jan 12, 2021.
Today, cloud data storage accounts for 45% of all enterprise data and by Q2 2021, that number could grow to 53%. Now is the time to embrace cloud than now.
Cloud, Data Warehouse, Data Warehousing
- Meet whale! The stupidly simple data discovery tool - Dec 31, 2020.
Finding data and understanding its meaning represents the traditional "daily grind" of a Data Scientist. With whale, the new lightweight data discovery, documentation, and quality engine for your data warehouse that is under development by Dataframe, your data science team will more efficiently search data and automate its data metrics.
Data Curation, Data Discovery, Data Preparation, Data Warehouse
- Feature Store vs Data Warehouse - Dec 22, 2020.
A feature store is a data warehouse of features for machine learning. Differently from a data warehouse, it is dual-database: one serving features at low latency to online applications and another storing large volumes of features. Learn how Data Scientists leverage this capability in production-deployed models.
Data Warehouse, Databases, Feature Store, Pipeline
- 4 Myths of Big Data and 4 Ways to Improve with Deep Data - Jan 9, 2019.
There is a fundamental misconception that bigger data produces better machine learning results. However bigger data lakes / warehouses won’t necessarily help to discover more profound insights. It is better to focus on data quality, value and diversity not just size. "Deep Data" is better than Big Data.
Big Data, Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, Hype, Machine Learning, Sampling
- From Insights to Value in 90 Minutes – with Snowflake, July 12 Webinar - Jul 2, 2018.
Learn How to Accelerate Data Warehouse Modernization at a Low Cost.
BI, Big Data, BigData Dimension, Data Warehouse, ETL
- Choosing Between Modern Data Warehouses - Jun 28, 2018.
Most of the modern data warehouse solutions are designed to work with raw data. It allows to re-transform data on the fly without a need to re-ingest your data stored in a warehouse.
Amazon Redshift, BigQuery, Data Warehouse, Statsbot
- Why Data and Infrastructure are key to determining Customer Intent,
May 31 Webinar - May 22, 2018.
Join Yieldmo, an advertising technology company and learn how Snowflake and Looker unleashed the potential of their mobile ad engagement data and drove more impactful marketing for their clients.
Advertising, Data Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Looker, Privacy
- ETL vs ELT: Considering the Advancement of Data Warehouses - May 22, 2018.
The traditional concept of ETL is changing towards ELT – when you’re running transformations right in the data warehouse. Let’s see why it’s happening, what it means to have ETL vs ELT, and what we can expect in the future.
BigQuery, Data Warehouse, ELT, ETL, Statsbot
- Is a Single Version of Truth Possible?
May 16 Webinar - May 10, 2018.
The data warehouse promised to deliver a single version of truth. But skeptics abound, saying a single version of truth is a mirage and not necessary. Join this webinar and learn from experts debating this question.
Analytics, Bloor Group, Data Governance, Data Warehouse, Looker
- Modernize your data infrastructure with Looker + AWS - Apr 25, 2018.
Learn how you can improve performance and optimize resources using Looker + AWS and Amazon Redshift with Looker extensive pre-built analytics models for AWS data. As a bonus, we will give 1K credit towards AWS data warehouse.
Amazon Redshift, AWS, Data Warehouse, Looker
- Get a headstart with Looker and 1K credits for your AWS data warehouse - Apr 11, 2018.
Looker partnered with AWS to offer, for a limited time, a free trial of Looker with a bonus of $1,000 credits towards your AWS data warehouse.
AWS, Data Platform, Data Warehouse, Looker, Self-service
- Get a headstart with Looker – and $1,000 credits towards your AWS data warehouse - Apr 2, 2018.
Looker has partnered with AWS to offer, for a limited time, a free trial of Looker with a bonus of $1,000 credits towards your AWS data warehouse.
AWS, Data Platform, Data Warehouse, Looker, Self-service
- How data science can improve retail - Mar 1, 2018.
We’re going to take a look at a few surprising ways that data science can increase your sales, both offline and online.
Data Science, Data Warehouse, Machine Learning, Retail
- Are Data Lakes Fake News? - Sep 6, 2017.
The quick answer is yes, and the biggest problem is that the term “Data Lakes” has been overloaded by vendors and analysts with different meanings, resulting in an ill-defined and blurry concept.
Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, ETL, Fake News, Hadoop
- Hadoop as a Data Warehouse: Cracking the Code with Kudu - Jun 15, 2017.
Here we discuss problems behind replacing an existing Data Warehouse with Hadoop and available solutions to make this happen. Lets see how.
Cloudera, Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Kudu
- Webinar: Athena Health “Unbreaks” Health Care by Modernizing their Data Stack, Feb 28 - Feb 17, 2017.
With a new Snowflake data warehouse and Looker data platform on top, data analysts at athenahealth are delivering data to more people, and improving patient experience in the US healthcare system. Register and learn how.
Data Warehouse, Healthcare, Looker
- Big Data Key Terms, Explained - Aug 11, 2016.
Just getting started with Big Data, or looking to iron out the wrinkles in your current understanding? Check out these 20 Big Data-related terms and their concise definitions.
Pages: 1 2
3Vs of Big Data, Apache Spark, Big Data, Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Data Warehouse, Explained, Hadoop, Key Terms, Predictive Analytics
- UF Health Shands Hospital: Decision Support Analyst, Data Warehousing/Reporting Infrastructure - Jul 27, 2016.
Design, develop and maintain the data warehouse and/or semantic reporting layer for UF Health Shands, including delivery of BI information to the entire organization.
Analyst, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, FL, Gainesville
- Take a Risk Free Hadoop Ride. Save up to 80% cost and offload time. - Jul 14, 2016.
The Impetus Data Warehouse Workload Migration product is a proven, cost-effective, and low-risk solution to offload traditional data warehouse to Big Data warehouse. Contact us for a proof-of-concept.
Big Data, Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Impetus
- Data Lake Plumbers: Operationalizing the Data Lake - Feb 18, 2016.
Gain insight into data lakes, their benefits, when they are appropriate, and how to operationalize them. How do they compare to the data warehouse?
Data Lake, Data Warehouse, ETL, Hadoop
- Hadoop and Big Data: The Top 6 Questions Answered - Jan 22, 2016.
6 questions surrounding Hadoop and Big Data are posed and answered, including those related to implementation, management, and practical uses. Find out where Hadoop currently sits in the world of Big Data.
Apache Spark, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Implementation
- Webinar: 5 tips to get more out of Data Lakes, Dec 16 - Dec 1, 2015.
Learn valuable tips to help optimize Big Data for agility and speed to insight; improve data accessibility, without the limitations of data warehouses, and prevent data sources from becoming data silos.
Data Lakes, Data Preparation, Data Warehouse, Lavastorm
- Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: Key Differences - Sep 29, 2015.
We hear lot about the data lakes these days, and many are arguing that a data lake is same as a data warehouse. But in reality, they are both optimized for different purposes, and the goal is to use each one for what they were designed to do.
Data Lake, Data Warehouse, SAS, Tamara Dull
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 7-13: Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism - Jul 14, 2015.
Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; What can Hadoop do that my data warehouse cant?; Emacs for Data Science; Dataiku DataScience Studio - intuitive solution.
Data Science, Data Warehouse, Dataiku, Deep Learning, Emacs, Hadoop
- Interview: Michael Lurye, Time Warner Cable on Big Data and the Insatiable Demand for BI - Apr 13, 2015.
We discuss EDM at Time Warner Cable, data sources, complementing legacy data warehouses with Big Data solutions, vendor selection and build vs. buy decision.
Big Data, Business Intelligence, Data Management, Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Interview, Mike Lurye, Time Warner Cable
- TDWI Orlando – The Premier Education Conference for BI, DW, Big Data, Data Analytics – Savings Extended - Nov 11, 2014.
With over 45 courses on the full agenda, TDWI Orlando has what you need to succeed with your data and analytics projects! Savings extended - use priority code OR63.
Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Warehouse, Orlando-FL, TDWI
- TDWI Orlando, Dec 7-12, Premier Education Event for BI, Big Data and Analytics - Oct 16, 2014.
Plan your week with the complete 6-day agenda, including course descriptions, keynotes, exhibit hall times, networking events, and BI certification opportunities.
Business Intelligence, Data Science Education, Data Warehouse, Orlando-FL, TDWI
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Highlights from Workshops - Jul 31, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from MIT, Georgia Tech, Microsoft Research and CUHK during workshops at ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
Big Data, Challenges, Data Warehouse, Healthcare, MOOC, Predictive Models, Stanford
- Dear CIO, what you have is NOT a Data Lake - Jul 17, 2014.
Data Lakes are often the ideal structure of a company's big data, but the reality is that data is often split into data puddles. Xurmo seeks to eliminate this by integrating Data Virtualization into the Data Lake.
Data Lakes, Data Science Platform, Data Warehouse, Hadoop, NoSQL, Sridhar Krishnan, Xurmo
- Top stories for Jun 1-7 - Jun 8, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; Stanford University: Data Analyst.
Data Lakes, Data Warehouse, Neural Networks, OpenNN, Poll, Stanford, Top stories
- Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses - Jun 7, 2014.
Data Warehouses, traditionally popular for business intelligence tasks, are being replaced by less-structured Data Lakes which allow more flexibility.
Business Intelligence, Data Lakes, Data Science Platform, Data Visualization, Data Warehouse, DataRPM