- Meet whale! The stupidly simple data discovery tool - Dec 31, 2020.
Finding data and understanding its meaning represents the traditional "daily grind" of a Data Scientist. With whale, the new lightweight data discovery, documentation, and quality engine for your data warehouse that is under development by Dataframe, your data science team will more efficiently search data and automate its data metrics.
- Passive Data Collection and Actionable Results: What to Know - Feb 21, 2020.
There are plenty of ways to get actionable results by using passive data. However, such an outcome will not happen without careful forethought. Data analysts must consider several crucial specifics, including what questions they want and expect the information to answer, and how they'll apply the findings to aid the business.
- A Primer on Web Scraping in R - Jan 12, 2018.
If you are a data scientist who wants to capture data from such web pages then you wouldn’t want to be the one to open all these pages manually and scrape the web pages one by one. To push away the boundaries limiting data scientists from accessing such data from web pages, there are packages available in R.
Pages: 1 2
- Web Scraping for Dataset Curation, Part 2: Tidying Craft Beer Data - Feb 14, 2017.
This is the second part in a 2 part series on curating data from the web. The first part focused on web scraping, while this post details the process of tidying scraped data after the fact.
- Web Scraping for Dataset Curation, Part 1: Collecting Craft Beer Data - Feb 13, 2017.
This post is the first in a 2 part series on scraping and cleaning data from the web using Python. This first part is concerned with the scraping aspect, while the second part while focus on the cleaning. A concrete example is presented.
- Data Science Challenges - Aug 17, 2016.
This post is thoughts for a talk given at the UN Global Pulse lab in Kampala, and covers the challenges in data science.
Pages: 1 2
- Pattern Curators of the Cognitive Era - Mar 31, 2016.
Machine learning has a critical dependency on human learning. But not just on Data Scientists, but on legions of people who legions of individuals who prepare training data to guide algorithms.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, San Diego: Day 1 Highlights - Apr 7, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from The Data Incubator, Tamr, Sony and Facebook on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Diego.
- Piketty Revisited: Improving Economics through Data Science - Oct 22, 2014.
How Data Curation and Data Science Enable More Faithful Economics (In Much Less Time) - a leading database researcher explains.
- Interview: Debora Donato, StumbleUpon on the Secret Sauce of Impressive Content Curation - Aug 28, 2014.
We discuss the role of data science at StumbleUpon, the shift from search to discovery, metrics for user engagement, the art of collaborative filtering, how native ads improve user experience, major trends, advice and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – July 15 and beyond - Jul 14, 2014.
Hadoop, Data Curation, Text Mining, Driving business value with text analytics, SQL on Hadoop, Graph Analytics on Hadoop, Apache Spark, How Can Analytics Improve Business, and more.
- The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? - Jun 9, 2014.
Michael Brodie on the first law of data science, the role of data curation in Big Data analysis, and Thomas Piketty economic theories.
- InnovAccer: Simplifying Research and Analysis - Jun 5, 2014.
Innovaccer cleans and prepares data for analysis by researchers to save time and improve confidence in the quality of the data.
- Top stories for May 18-24 - May 25, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Stacking the Deck: The Next Wave of Opportunity in Big Data; Michael O'Connell on how to lead in Big Data; Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation.
- KDnuggets 14:n12, Annual Poll: Software Used? Tamr & Data Curation; Data Science Cheat Sheets - May 21, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features, Software, Opinions and Interviews, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Top Tweets, and CFP.
- Exclusive: Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation - May 19, 2014.
Our exclusive profile of Tamr (former Data Tamer), the latest startup from legendary Michael Stonebraker, which emerged from stealth mode to address the new field of Big Data Curation.
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2) - Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.