- Aspiring Researchers, Engineers, and Entrepreneurs interested in data: This Book is for You - Feb 1, 2019.
Making Databases Work is a collection of chapters written by leading database researcher and enterpreneur Michael Stonebraker and 38 of his collaborators: world-leading database researchers, world-class systems engineers, and business partners.
- Why understanding of truth is important in Data Science? - Jan 1, 2018.
Data Science can be used to discover correlations (What phenomena occurred) but cannot be used to establish causality (Why the phenomena occurred).
- Tamr 2016 Data Management Predictions - Dec 22, 2015.
2016 predictions from Tamr team, which includes Turing Award winner Mike Stonebraker and some of the most forward-thinking experts from the world of Big Data.
- On Political Economy and Data Science: When A Discipline Is Not Enough - Nov 18, 2015.
Most non-trivial Data Science applications are interdisciplinary requiring collaboration across disciplines. We are just beginning to understand the nature of interdisciplinarity in Data Science and the risks of misunderstanding.
- Interview: Michael Brodie – We Can’t Rely on Machines - Sep 28, 2015.
Michael Brodie, a leading database researcher, is convinced that Big Data has more potential than the hype suggests, but also more risks.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Made in Switzerland - Jul 9, 2015.
Recently there was a data science conference at ZHAW Datalabs, which was attended by people with a wide range of skills, expertise, and levels. Check out the highlights of the events and future plans of the conference.
- Doubt and Verify: Data Science Power Tools - Jul 3, 2015.
In the end, there is no truth, no ultimate ground truth, no lie-free utterances, as everything is contextual based on incomplete facts and knowledge. All world models are flawed, but Data Science has 2 power tools.
- Piketty Revisited: Improving Economics through Data Science - Oct 22, 2014.
How Data Curation and Data Science Enable More Faithful Economics (In Much Less Time) - a leading database researcher explains.
- The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? - Jun 9, 2014.
Michael Brodie on the first law of data science, the role of data curation in Big Data analysis, and Thomas Piketty economic theories.
- Exclusive: Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation - May 19, 2014.
Our exclusive profile of Tamr (former Data Tamer), the latest startup from legendary Michael Stonebraker, which emerged from stealth mode to address the new field of Big Data Curation.
- Interview: Michael Brodie on Industry Lessons, Knowledge Discovery, and Future Trends - May 6, 2014.
The last part of our exclusive interview focuses on Industry Lessons, Knowledge Discovery, Privacy Issues, Expected Technical Developments in next 5 years and more.
- KDnuggets 14:n10, Data Scientist Salary examined; Big Data Highlights; Michael Brodie Interview - Apr 30, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features, Opinions, Software, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic positions, Publications, Top Tweets, and CFP.
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2) - Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.
- Exclusive Interview: Michael Brodie, Leading Database Researcher, Industry Leader, Thinker - Apr 21, 2014.
We discuss the most important database research advances, industry developments, role of relational, NoSQL, Graph databases, Computing Reality, and more.
- White House-MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop – Top Researcher Reports - Mar 27, 2014.
Leading database researcher Michael Brodie gives a summary of an important White House-MIT Big Data Privacy workshop and discusses privacy, government, technical solutions, Edward Snowden, SXSW, and technical challenges associated with big data and privacy.