- The brain as a neural network: this is why we can’t get along - Dec 19, 2018.
This article sets out to answer the question: what insights can we gain about ourselves by thinking of the brain as a machine learning model?
- You Aren’t So Smart: Cognitive Biases are Making Sure of It - Sep 17, 2018.
Cognitive biases are tendencies to think in certain ways that can lead to systematic deviations from a standard of rationality or good judgment. They have all sorts of practical impacts on our lives, whether we want to admit it or not.
- How To Debug Your Approach To Data Analysis - Dec 29, 2017.
Seven common biases that influence how we understand, use, and interpret the world around us.
Pages: 1 2
- How to Lie with Data - Apr 20, 2017.
We expect data scientists to be objective, but intentionally or not, they can produce results that mislead. We examine three common types of “lies” that Data Scientists should be aware of.
- 4 Cognitive Bias Key Points Data Scientists Need to Know - Dec 9, 2016.
Cognitive biases are inherently problematic in a variety of fields, including data science. Is this something that can be mitigated? A solid understanding of cognitive biases is the best weapon, which this overview hopes to help provide.
- Data Science and Prejudice – Blessing or Curse ? - Dec 23, 2015.
We examine the deep nature of bias and prejudice and wonder if prejudiced minds and 'good' data scientists coexist in harmony and if they can coexist, does it lead to disruption or disruptive innovation?
- The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? - Jun 9, 2014.
Michael Brodie on the first law of data science, the role of data curation in Big Data analysis, and Thomas Piketty economic theories.