- Aspiring Researchers, Engineers, and Entrepreneurs interested in data: This Book is for You - Feb 1, 2019.
Making Databases Work is a collection of chapters written by leading database researcher and enterpreneur Michael Stonebraker and 38 of his collaborators: world-leading database researchers, world-class systems engineers, and business partners.
Advice, Databases, Michael Brodie, Michael Stonebraker
- Don’t miss Big Data LDN 2018, 13-14 November - Oct 22, 2018.
Big Data LDN is the UK’s largest free to attend data and analytics conference & exhibition and will take place on 13-14 November 2018 at Olympia London. The event is essential for those wanting to build an bright data-driven future for their business.
Big Data, London, Michael Stonebraker, UK
- Tamr 2016 Data Management Predictions - Dec 22, 2015.
2016 predictions from Tamr team, which includes Turing Award winner Mike Stonebraker and some of the most forward-thinking experts from the world of Big Data.
2016 Predictions, Andy Palmer, Michael Brodie, Michael Stonebraker, Tamr
- Interview: Michael Stonebraker, greatest living contributor to database technology - May 7, 2015.
Michael Stonebraker, described as the greatest living contributor to database technology, on how he adjusts to the award and what trends he foresees in database management systems and big data.
ACM, Awards, Michael Stonebraker, Relational Databases
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Apr 28 and beyond - Apr 27, 2015.
Solving Big Data Challenges, Implementing a Better Search Experience, Data Scientists Compensation, Maximizing ROI, Identifying Customers Across Platforms, The Fast Data Challenge with Michael Stonebraker, and more.
Burtch Works, Expert System, Lavastorm, Looker, Michael Stonebraker, Salford Systems
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Apr 14 and beyond - Apr 13, 2015.
Women in Data, Business Value from Big Data Quickly, Impact of User-Generated Reviews on Purchase Behavior, Maximizing ROI using Data Science, Apache Ignite, and much more.
Big Data ROI, Michael Stonebraker, Product reviews, Women
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n10, Apr 1: Computing platforms for data science; Free Data Mining Books; Python vs R - Apr 1, 2015.
Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources; Text Analytics 2015 - Technology and Market Overview; The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R.
Azure ML, Free ebook, Michael Stonebraker, PredictionIO, Python vs R, Text Analytics
- Database Pioneer Michael Stonebraker Wins ACM Turing Award, Computing “Nobel Prize” - Mar 25, 2015.
Michael Stonebraker, a database pioneer and a serial entrepreneur, won the 2014 ACM Turing Award (which carries $1 million prize) for fundamental contributions to the concepts and practices in modern database systems.
ACM, Michael Stonebraker, MIT, SciDB, Tamr
- Exclusive: Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation - May 19, 2014.
Our exclusive profile of Tamr (former Data Tamer), the latest startup from legendary Michael Stonebraker, which emerged from stealth mode to address the new field of Big Data Curation.
Andy Palmer, Data Curation, Machine Learning, Michael Brodie, Michael Stonebraker, Startups, Tamr
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – April 21 and beyond - Apr 21, 2014.
Traditional RDBMS Wisdom is All Wrong, What Is Hadoop and Where Is It Going, Trupanion and SiSense, Measuring Skill Level and Optimizing Player-Matching Algorithms in Online Games, and Analytically Speaking Featuring David Meintrup.
Hadoop, Michael Stonebraker, Pivotal, Sisense, Wharton
- White House-MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop – Top Researcher Reports - Mar 27, 2014.
Leading database researcher Michael Brodie gives a summary of an important White House-MIT Big Data Privacy workshop and discusses privacy, government, technical solutions, Edward Snowden, SXSW, and technical challenges associated with big data and privacy.
Big Data Privacy, CSAIL, Michael Brodie, Michael Stonebraker, MIT, Snowden, SXSW, White House
- SciDB: Big Analytics without Big Hassles: In-Database Scalable R and Python, Apr 10 - Mar 27, 2014.
Next advance in analytical databases from renowned database researcher Mike Stonebraker - watch April webinar 10 about SciDB - open source, array database with native scalable complex analytics, programmable from R and Python.
Array database, Michael Stonebraker, Python, R, SciDB, Webcast