- The Death of Big Data and the Emergence of the Multi-Cloud Era - Jul 11, 2019.
The Era of Big Data is coming to an end as the focus shifts from how we collect data to processing that data in real-time. Big Data is now a business asset supporting the next eras of multi-cloud support, machine learning, and real-time analytics.
- The Data Science Success Kit - Oct 3, 2017.
The Data Science Success Kit is designed to get you to data science success quickly. Don't delay, offer ends October 31, 2017.
- The Easy Button for R & Python on Spark, Webinar Oct 18 - Sep 22, 2017.
Learn five solid reasons to use managed services for Cloudera for R, Python and other advanced analytics on Spark & Hadoop in the cloud.
- Deep Learning with Cloudera, Webinar Aug 24 - Aug 14, 2017.
Deep learning expands boundaries of the possible. Detecting fraud. Predicting claims. Diagnosing cancer. Deep learning solves these problems and many others. Find out more with Cloudera, Aug 24.
- Hadoop as a Data Warehouse: Cracking the Code with Kudu - Jun 15, 2017.
Here we discuss problems behind replacing an existing Data Warehouse with Hadoop and available solutions to make this happen. Lets see how.
- Webinar: R with RStudio, Spark, sparklyr in Minutes, April 26 - Apr 11, 2017.
Find out how to expand R capabilities with RStudio + sparklyr on Apache Spark on a fast cloud platform and how simple to get started in the cloud with Cazena Data Science Sandbox as a Service.
- Key Takeaways from Strata + Hadoop World 2017 San Jose, Day 1 - Mar 24, 2017.
The focus is increasingly shifting from storing and processing Big Data in an efficient way, to applying traditional and new machine learning techniques to drive higher value from the data at hand.
- Why Not So Hadoop? - Sep 27, 2016.
Are Big Data and Hadoop synonymous? Not really, but they are often conflated. Has Hadoop lived up to its hype? In this article, we will look at a brief history of Hadoop and see where it stands today.
- The top 5 Big Data courses to help you break into the industry - Aug 25, 2016.
Here is an updated and in-depth review of top 5 providers of Big Data and Data Science courses: Simplilearn, Cloudera, Big Data University, Hortonworks, and Coursera
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 29 and beyond - Sep 28, 2015.
Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Sep 29 and beyond, The Future of Data Warehousing, Secrets of Successful Analytics Leaders, and more.
- Hadoop Maturity Survey: The Tipping Point - Sep 24, 2015.
AtScale first global Hadoop maturity survey finds Hadoop value greatly increases with nodes deployed; its use for ETL is frequently a transition stage to higher-value Data Science applications.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Secret Sauce of Open Source - Jul 2, 2015.
We discuss the critical success factor for open source projects, entrepreneurial lessons, advice, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Need for Self-Service Analytics - Jun 30, 2015.
We discuss the importance of enabling self-service analytics, partnership with Cask, Big Data vendor selection and competitive landscape.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Future of Information Architecture Design - Jun 29, 2015.
We discuss Cloudera’s achievements, story behind the name ‘Cloudera’, CTO role, and key attributes of information architecture designed for future.
- Spark Summit 2015 San Francisco – Day 2 Keynote Highlights - Jun 19, 2015.
Highlights from keynote speeches delivered by various eminent big data technology leaders from industry and academia at Spark Summit 2015 Conference held in San Francisco.
- Most Viewed Big Data Videos on YouTube - May 9, 2015.
The top Big Data YouTube videos by those like Hortonworks and Kirk D. Borne cover diverse topics including Hadoop, Big Data Trends, Deep Learning, and Big Data Leadership.
- April 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - May 8, 2015.
Apr 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Microsoft + RevolutionR, Most-Funded Startups, VC says boom not bubble - look at valuations, and more.
- MapR on Open Data Platform: Why we declined - Apr 24, 2015.
Why MapR declined to participate in the Open Data Platform? Our concerns include redundancy with Apache Software Foundation Governance, misdefined “core”, and lack of participation from Hadoop leaders.
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 2, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from Cloudera, LinkedIn, Intel, MapR, Locbit and others on day 2 of Big Data Developer Conference 2015.
Pages: 1 2
- Hadoop as a Service: 18 Cloud Options - Apr 2, 2015.
Hadoop as a service in the cloud makes big data applications and projects easier to approach and these 18 platforms each provide their own unique solutions.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 2 Highlights - Mar 10, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World 2015 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 2.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Mar 3 and beyond - Mar 2, 2015.
Data Wrangling and the Art of Big Data Discovery, Hadoop - A Solution for Big Data, Fast Data Meets Open Source, Real-Time Data on Hadoop with Apache Kafka, and more.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 1 Highlights - Mar 2, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, San Jose.
- Interview: Eli Collins, Cloudera on Evolution and Future of Big Data Ecosystem - Feb 2, 2015.
We discuss the change in Big Data priorities, risks, Big Data ecosystem, rise of data culture in organizations, challenges, advice and more.
- Top Big Data Influencers and Brands - Feb 2, 2015.
Top Big Data influencers and brands on Twitter, selected by Onalytica based on the Pagerank analysis of Twitter graph.
- October 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Nov 8, 2014.
October 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DrivenData, Map-D, Microsoft buys Equivio, Alteryx, Cazena, Ello, Zoomdata, Cloudera buys DataPad, Tibco goes private.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 26 and beyond - Aug 25, 2014.
Tableau, Big Companies, Personalized Healthcare, Lavastorm Analytics, Mapping, Data Integration, SiSense, SAS and Cloudera and more.
- Top KDnuggets Tweets, May 14-15: Easier Facebook Network Analysis; Cloudera Live, a New Way to Start with Hadoop - May 16, 2014.
Facebook Network analysis, visualization is easier with httr from R wizard; Cloudera Live offers a new way start with #Hadoop - No downloads; Watch: Basics of Machine Learning ; BigML Machine Learning platform Spring Release.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 5 and beyond - May 5, 2014.
SAS and Cloudera, Analytically Speaking, Data Mining: Failure To Launch, Deep Learning with H2O, Hadoop, WCAI Oppy: Purchase history to id customer projects, and more.
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- March Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Apr 8, 2014.
March 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Vizify, Echo Nest, Coinalytics, VoltDB, Platfora, Dell buys Statsoft, Vicarious, RelateIQ, Cloudera.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Mar 11, 2014.
State of BI, Risk Assessment, Data Science Summit, Large-Scale Real-Time Learning, Data Mining: failure to launch, Online fraud detection, and more.
- Cloudera Data Science Challenge - Mar 10, 2014.
Your task is to analyze a large amount of data from Medicare and try to detect abnormal data -- providers, areas, or patients with unusual procedures and/or claims. Challenge starts March 31, 2014.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 7-9: Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit - Mar 10, 2014.
Learn very useful skills! #DataScience Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit; For data science hackers: combining Emacs, ESS and R for Zombies; Mashape - Free Natural Language Processing Service.