- Using Apache SystemML(tm) with Hortonworks Data Platform - Sep 18, 2017.
Learn how to add Apache SystemML to an existing Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.6.1 cluster for Apache Spark. Users interested in Python, Scala, Spark, or Zeppelin can run Apache SystemML as described here.
- Hadoop is Not Failing, it is the Future of Data - Apr 27, 2017.
The author disagrees with a previous KDnuggets post on “Why Hadoop is Failing” and argues that the Darwinian Open Source Ecosystem ensures Hadoop is a robust and mature technology platform .
- Why Not So Hadoop? - Sep 27, 2016.
Are Big Data and Hadoop synonymous? Not really, but they are often conflated. Has Hadoop lived up to its hype? In this article, we will look at a brief history of Hadoop and see where it stands today.
- The top 5 Big Data courses to help you break into the industry - Aug 25, 2016.
Here is an updated and in-depth review of top 5 providers of Big Data and Data Science courses: Simplilearn, Cloudera, Big Data University, Hortonworks, and Coursera
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Need for Self-Service Analytics - Jun 30, 2015.
We discuss the importance of enabling self-service analytics, partnership with Cask, Big Data vendor selection and competitive landscape.
- Spark Summit 2015 San Francisco – Day 1 Keynote Highlights - Jun 17, 2015.
Highlights from keynote speeches delivered by various eminent big data technology leaders from industry and academia at Spark Summit 2015 Conference held in San Francisco.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin: Day 3 Highlights - Apr 24, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data and Analytics leaders/consultants on day 3 of Big Data Bootcamp in Austin.
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 2, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from Cloudera, LinkedIn, Intel, MapR, Locbit and others on day 2 of Big Data Developer Conference 2015.
Pages: 1 2
- Hadoop as a Service: 18 Cloud Options - Apr 2, 2015.
Hadoop as a service in the cloud makes big data applications and projects easier to approach and these 18 platforms each provide their own unique solutions.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 1 Highlights - Mar 2, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, San Jose.
- December 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jan 12, 2015.
December 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Scaled Inference, Pulse Energy, Mixpanel, Oracle buys Datalogix, Hortonworks IPO, MSFT buys HockeyApp, Brandwatch buys PeerIndex, MetaMind launches.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – May 19 and beyond - May 19, 2014.
Data Mining: FTL; Deep Learning with H2O; Purchase history to Customer Projects; Apache Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Solr; Python for Big Data Analytics, and more.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Quentin Clark, CVP, Microsoft Data Platform Group - Mar 6, 2014.
We discuss Microsoft decision to embrace Hadoop as the standard, collaboration with Hortonworks, and advice to newbies in Data Science.