- From Big Data Platforms to Platform-less Machine Learning - Mar 27, 2017.
The rise in serverless architectures along with marketplaces from cloud providers creates a significant momentum to democratize big data analytics. Machine learning or AI services are much more valuable, tangible and easier to understand for businesses than clumsy big data platforms.
- Webinar: The Data Science Sandbox as a Service, March 8 - Feb 16, 2017.
The platform includes storage, data movers, processing and embedded analytics tools including RStudio Server Pro - see it in action at this expert webinar and live demo.
- Hadoop as a Service: 18 Cloud Options - Apr 2, 2015.
Hadoop as a service in the cloud makes big data applications and projects easier to approach and these 18 platforms each provide their own unique solutions.
- GoodData Insights as a Service guides users thru the analytics process - Jan 27, 2015.
GoodData launches Insights Network that goes beyond BI and gives uses recommendations that guide them through the analytics process. I ask them about it.
- DIY Crawlers vs. Crawlers as Service - Dec 22, 2014.
Crawling structured data from the web has been made easier with the choice between crawlers as a service, like webhose.io, and do-it-yourself, like import.io.
- Experian: Chief Scientist - May 24, 2014.
Lead, manage and develop the technical team concentrating on new data asset evaluation and acquisition as well as new product development.
- Big Data Vendor Analysis - Apr 10, 2014.
The Big Data market in hardware, software, and services reached $18.6 billion in 2013. We analyze the vendor data and identify 4 main clusters of Big Data companies.