- Data Engineering Technologies 2021 - Sep 21, 2021.
Emerging technologies supporting the field of data engineering are growing at a rapid clip. This curated list includes the most important offerings available in 2021.
- Bootstrap a Modern Data Stack in 5 minutes with Terraform - Aug 6, 2021.
What is a Modern Data Stack and how do you deploy one? This guide will motivate you to start on this journey with setup instructions for Airbyte, BigQuery, dbt, Metabase, and everything else you need using Terraform.
- dbt for Data Transformation – Hands-on Tutorial - Jul 28, 2021.
The data build tool (dbt) is gaining in popularity and use, and this hands-on tutorial covers creating complex models, using variables and functions, running tests, generating docs, and many more features.
- Become an Analytics Engineer in 90 Days - Jul 12, 2021.
A new role of the Analytics Engineer is an exciting opportunity that crosses the skill sets of a Data Analyst and Data Engineer. Here, we describe how this position can evolve at an organization, and recommend self-learning resources that can be used to prepare for the multifaceted responsibilities.
- Analytics Engineering Everywhere - Jun 22, 2021.
Many new roles have appeared in the data world ever since the rise of the Data Scientist took the spotlight several years ago. Now, there is a new core player ready to take center stage, and we may see in five years, nearly every organization will have an Analytics Engineering team.
- Introducing dbt, the ETL and ELT Disrupter - Mar 17, 2021.
Moving and processing data is happening 24/7/365 world-wide at massive scales that only get larger by the hour. Tools exist to introduce efficiencies in how data can be extracted from sources, transformed through calculations, and loaded into target data repositories. However, on their own, these tools can introduce some restrictions in the processing, especially for the needs of data analytics and data science.
- Five Interesting Data Engineering Projects - Mar 17, 2020.
As the role of the data engineer continues to grow in the field of data science, so are the many tools being developed to support wrangling all that data. Five of these tools are reviewed here (along with a few bonus tools) that you should pay attention to for your data pipeline work.
- Four questions to help accurately scope analytics engineering project - Oct 9, 2019.
Being really good at scoping analytics projects is crucial for team productivity and profitability. You can consistently deliver on time if you work out the issue first, and these four questions can help you prepare.
- The Role of the Data Engineer is Changing - Jan 10, 2019.
The role of the data engineer in a startup data team is changing rapidly. Are you thinking about it the right way?