- Remembering Pluribus: The Techniques that Facebook Used to Master World’s Most Difficult Poker Game - Dec 1, 2020.
Pluribus used incredibly simple AI methods to set new records in six-player no-limit Texas Hold’em poker. How did it do it?
- Facebook Open Sourced New Frameworks to Advance Deep Learning Research - Nov 17, 2020.
Polygames, PyTorch3D and HiPlot are the new additions to Facebook’s open source deep learning stack.
- Facebook Uses Bayesian Optimization to Conduct Better Experiments in Machine Learning Models - Aug 10, 2020.
A research from Facebook proposes a Beyasian optimization method to run A/B tests in machine learning models.
- Facebook Open Sources Blender, the Largest-Ever Open Domain Chatbot - May 15, 2020.
The new conversational agent exhibit human-like behavior in conversations about almost any topic.
- Prepare for a Long Battle against Deepfakes - Feb 21, 2020.
While deepfakes threaten to destroy our perception of reality, the tech giants are throwing down the gauntlet and working to enhance the state of the art in combating doctored videos and images.
- Learn from Industry Leaders Facebook, Walmart, Lyft, eBay & More - Jan 20, 2020.
The agenda for Deep Learning World 2020 in Las Vegas, May 31-Jun 4, has been released. Use code KDNUGGETS for a 15% discount on your ticket.
- Open Source Projects by Google, Uber and Facebook for Data Science and AI - Nov 28, 2019.
Open source is becoming the standard for sharing and improving technology. Some of the largest organizations in the world namely: Google, Facebook and Uber are open sourcing their own technologies that they use in their workflow to the public.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n43, Nov 13: Dynamic Reports in Python and R; Creating NLP Vocabularies; What is Data Science? - Nov 13, 2019.
On KDnuggets this week: Orchestrating Dynamic Reports in Python and R with Rmd Files; How to Create a Vocabulary for NLP Tasks in Python; What is Data Science?; The Complete Data Science LinkedIn Profile Guide; Set Operations Applied to Pandas DataFrames; and much, much more.
- Facebook Adds This New Framework to It’s Reinforcement Learning Arsenal - Nov 11, 2019.
ReAgent is a new framework that streamlines the implementation of reasoning systems.
- Facebook Has Been Quietly Open Sourcing Some Amazing Deep Learning Capabilities for PyTorch - Nov 4, 2019.
The new release of PyTorch includes some impressive open source projects for deep learning researchers and developers.
- Inside Pluribus: Facebook’s New AI That Just Mastered the World’s Most Difficult Poker Game - Aug 8, 2019.
The reasons why Pluribus represents a major breakthrough in AI systems might result confusing to many readers. After all, in recent years AI researchers have made tremendous progress across different complex games. However, six-player, no-limit Texas Hold’em still remains one of the most elusive challenges for AI systems.
- Neural Code Search: How Facebook Uses Neural Networks to Help Developers Search for Code Snippets - Jul 24, 2019.
Developers are always searching for answers to questions about their code. But how do they ask the right questions? Facebook is creating new NLP neural networks to help search code repositories that may advance information retrieval algorithms.
- Extracting Knowledge from Knowledge Graphs Using Facebook’s Pytorch-BigGraph - May 22, 2019.
We are using the state-of-the-art Deep Learning tools to build a model for predict a word using the surrounding words as labels.
Pages: 1 2
- Network with Google, Intel, Facebook, LinkedIn & more - Mar 27, 2019.
The Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit takes place Apr 29 & 30 in San Diego. Secure your place at this must-attend event for data professionals today and deep-dive into a new era of AI and data strategy.
- The 6 Most Useful Machine Learning Projects of 2018 - Jan 15, 2019.
Let’s take a look at the top 6 most practically useful ML projects over the past year. These projects have published code and datasets that allow individual developers and smaller teams to learn and immediately create value.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n46, Dec 5: AI, Data Science, Analytics 2018 Main Developments, 2019 Key Trends; Deep Learning Cheat Sheets - Dec 5, 2018.
Also: Best Machine Learning languages, Data Visualization Tools, DL Frameworks, and Big Data Tools; How to Build a Machine Learning Team When You Are Not Google or Facebook; A Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Machine Learning Course; Handling Imbalanced Datasets in Deep Learning
- Sales Forecasting Using Facebook’s Prophet - Nov 28, 2018.
In this tutorial we’ll use Prophet, a package developed by Facebook to show how one can achieve this.
- Implementing Deep Learning Methods and Feature Engineering for Text Data: FastText - May 1, 2018.
Overall, FastText is a framework for learning word representations and also performing robust, fast and accurate text classification. The framework is open-sourced by Facebook on GitHub.
- 6 Interesting Things You Can Do with Python on Facebook Data - Jun 6, 2017.
Facebook has a huge amount of data that is available for you to explore, you can do many things with this data. I will be sharing my experience with you on how you can use the Facebook Graph API for analysis with Python.
- Advances in AI & Deep Learning: DeepMind, Facebook & OpenAI - May 4, 2017.
RE•WORK would like to update KDnuggets readers on their upcoming European events, as discounted tickets end next week, and share their on-demand content and expert interviews! For 20% off pass prices for all RE•WORK events, use discount code KDNUGGETS.
- Revenue per Employee: golden ratio, or red herring? - Jan 4, 2017.
There is growing support for revenue per employee as one of the most underrated metrics available for assessing business performance in a crowded marketplace.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n42, Nov 30: Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects; Facebook Groups for Big Data & Data Science - Nov 30, 2016.
Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects; Facebook Groups for Big Data & Data Science; Combining Different Methods to Create Advanced Time Series Prediction; Tips for Beginner Machine Learning/Data Scientists Feeling Overwhelmed; Continuous improvement for IoT through AI / Continuous learning
- Top 10 Facebook Groups for Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning - Nov 23, 2016.
Social media now not only shares friendship connections or photos of “selfies” but also spreads from political media to science information. Social network members are tending to more eagerly learn about big data, data science and machine learning through groups. We review the ten largest Facebook groups in this area.
- The Foundations of Algorithmic Bias - Nov 16, 2016.
We might hope that algorithmic decision making would be free of biases. But increasingly, the public is starting to realize that machine learning systems can exhibit these same biases and more. In this post, we look at precisely how that happens.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 21-27: What is the #Blockchain and Why is it So Important? Watch #StrataHadoop #NYC Keynotes Live Sep 28-29 - Sep 28, 2016.
Top #DataScientists to follow on Twitter: @geoff_hinton @ylecun @SebastianThrun; What is the #Blockchain and Why is it So Important? The (Not So) New Data Scientist Venn Diagram; 9 Key #DeepLearning Papers, Explained.
- Cartoon: Facebook data science experiments and Cats - Aug 8, 2016.
In honor of International Cat Day, we revisit KDnuggets cartoon that looks at the Facebook data science experiment on emotion manipulation and the importance of happy kittens.
- What is Your Data Worth? On LinkedIn, Microsoft, and the Value of User Data - Jun 20, 2016.
The recent announcement of Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn has raised many questions about how Microsoft will monetize this data. We examine LinkedIn value per user and compare to Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Twitter.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 11-17: Vote: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science projects? - May 18, 2016.
Vote: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science projects? Useful #Cheatsheet: #Python, R #rstats code for #MachineLearning Algorithms; TPOT: A #Python Tool for Automating Data Science; Randomize Acceptance of Borderline Research Papers, save 25 reviewer person-years.
- Artificial Intelligence ‘Chatbots’ – When or if? - May 9, 2016.
Chatbots can have extensive applications, now that Facebook is considering to implement AI in their Messenger and WhatsApp platforms. We examine 3 main factors that will determine the success of chatbots.
- How Small is the World, Really? - Feb 22, 2016.
Social network analysis is back in the news again, with a recent Facebook project which determined that there are an average of 3.5 intermediaries between any 2 Facebook users. But this is different than "6 degrees of separation." Read on to find out why, and how.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 1-7: On Facebook people are separated by only 3.5 degrees; Tribute to Marvin Minsky, co-founder of AI - Feb 8, 2016.
The Most Funded #Tech #Startup In every US state; Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft leaders in Gartner 2016 BI, #Analytics Platforms; Tribute to Marvin Minsky 1927-2016, co-founder of Artificial Intelligence; No more #6degrees! On Facebook people are separated by only 3.5 degrees.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, December: The Secret Sauce, OpenAI, Google vs. Facebook - Jan 4, 2016.
December on /r/MachineLearning: Is TensorFlow Google's "secret sauce?", AI leaders unite, an extensive curated list of machine learning resources grows, Google vs. Facebook, and Deep Q Pong.
- TensorFlow is Terrific – A Sober Take on Deep Learning Acceleration - Dec 30, 2015.
TensorFlow does not change the world. But it appears to be the best, most convenient deep learning library out there.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 3-9: 500 Deep Learning Papers, Graphviz and Python; Facebook App can answer questions on content of photos - Nov 10, 2015.
500 #DeepLearning Papers, Graphviz and Python; Skills You Need To Become a $240K+ Unicorn Data Scientist: n1 is Apache #Spark; Cartoon: It all started with the iPhone answering my Gmail; Overview of Python Visualization Tools
- Can Data Mining Extract Value from your Personal Data (and should you get a piece of the action?) - Sep 2, 2015.
There are industries made out of the personal data, but content providers don’t get their share. What if you are presented with the opportunity to sell your personal data for financial benefits? Find out more by taking the survey from datamilk.
- How to Visualize your Facebook Network - Jun 20, 2015.
Recent restrictions to Facebook API has made it difficult to visualize it readily. But, here you can find a complete pipeline from collecting data, storing it and finally visualizing it as network graph.
Pages: 1 2
- Gaming Analytics Summit 2015, San Francisco – Day 1 Highlights - May 8, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Gaming Analytics leaders from Facebook, Turbine/Warner Bros Games, and Sega on day 1 of Gaming Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Francisco.
- Data Scientists Thoughts that Inspire - Apr 29, 2015.
Inspirational thoughts from leading data scientists, including Yann LeCun, Erin Shellman, Daniel Tunkelang, Claudia Perlich, and Jake Porway. What inspires you?
Pages: 1 2
- Kaggle Competition (Facebook recruiting): Human or Robot? - Apr 28, 2015.
Facebook and Kaggle are launching an Engineering competition for 2015 - leaders will earn an opportunity to interview for a software engineer at Facebook, working on world class Machine Learning problems.
In this competition, you'll be chasing down robots for an online auction site.
- Interview: Mario Vinasco, Facebook on Advancing Marketing Analytics through Rigorous Experimentation - Apr 27, 2015.
We discuss marketing analytics at Facebook, multi-channel performance assessment, success factors, lessons from Look Back feature, advice, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, San Diego: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 8, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from eBay, LinkedIn and Facebook on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Diego.
Pages: 1 2
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, San Diego: Day 1 Highlights - Apr 7, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from The Data Incubator, Tamr, Sony and Facebook on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Diego.
- ICDM 2015: Nobel Prize Winner, Machine Learning Guru, and Facebook Data Scientist to Keynote - Apr 7, 2015.
Nobel Prize Winner, Machine Learning Guru, and Facebook Data Scientist will be keynote speakers for the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining series (ICDM).
- Report – MLconf: what industry leaders say about machine learning - Mar 14, 2015.
MLconf hosted in 4 different cities, NYC, Seattle, Atlanta and San Francisco with speakers from big, established companies and from emerging startups, bringing more ideas and experience into the game.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Mar 1-7: Stanford Deep Learning for NLP, Machine Learning with Scikit-learn - Mar 9, 2015.
This week on /r/MachineLearning, we have a new NLP-focused deep learning course from Stanford, an introduction to scikit-learn, visualization of music collections, an implementation of DeepMind, and NLP using deep learning and Torch.
- Big Data, Privacy, and Security – which side are you on? - Feb 18, 2015.
After all the positive promise, the hype, and predictions about Big Data, 2015 started with a debate about privacy and specifically whether or not companies like Google and Facebook should be allowed to encrypt their users data.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n05, Feb 11: Annual Salary Poll; 10 things statistics teaches about Big Data; Data Science Jargon - Feb 11, 2015.
KDnuggets Annual Analytics/Data Science salary poll; 10 things statistics taught us about big data analysis; Data Science's Most Used, Confused, and Abused Jargon; Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics; and more news, software, opinions, interviews, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic, publications, top tweets, and CFP.
- Facebook Open Sources deep-learning modules for Torch - Feb 9, 2015.
We review Facebook recently released Torch module for Deep Learning, which helps researchers train large scale convolutional neural networks for image recognition, natural language processing and other AI applications.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-25: Facebook open sources its Deep Learning tools; Intro to Python and IPython for Data Mining - Jan 26, 2015.
Very useful: Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining; Chart Type #CheatSheet: The Guide to Chart Design; Optimizing optimization algorithms; How to Choose between learning #Python or R? You can't go wrong.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-20: 15 programming languages you need to know in 2015; R Programming fun: writing a Twitter bot - Jan 21, 2015.
15 #programming languages you need to know in 2015; #Facebook open sources its cutting-edge #DeepLearning tools; Simple Pictures that State-of-the-Art #AI Can't Recognize (yet); R Programming fun: writing a Twitter bot.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-30: How Word Meanings Change; Data wrangling with R: Things I wish I’d been told - Dec 1, 2014.
Linguistic Mapping Reveals How Word Meanings Sometimes Change Overnight; Practical #DataScience Cookbook, helps data practitioner; Facebook #AI team hires Vladimir Vapnik, father of #SVM; Starting data analysis/wrangling with R: Things I wish I'd been told.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 26-28: Facebook AI team hires Vladimir Vapnik, father of SVM - Nov 29, 2014.
Facebook's #AI team hires Vladimir Vapnik, father of popular #SVM algorithm; Starting data analysis/wrangling with R: Things I wish I'd been told; How to deal with missing values - advice from @Knime #DataMining; Understanding The Various Sources of #BigData - Infographic.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-2 - Sep 3, 2014.
#DataMining Reddit using Python and R #rstats; Is @TheEconomist wrong? Money does "buy" happiness, on the log-log scale; Facebook Data Scientists: Who Are They and What Do They Do; Online Master of Science in Data Science.
- Top stories in July: Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Cats; Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize” - Aug 5, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"?; When Watson Meets Machine Learning.
- Top stories for Jul 6-12 - Jul 13, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; How Xbox, Big Data & Statistical Analysis Can Measure Public Opinion.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 4-6: Cartoon: Facebook Data Science and happy cats; plyrmr makes R work seamlessly with Hadoop - Jul 8, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines happy kittens and Facebook emotion manipulation data science experiment; plyrmr package for making R work seamlessly with Hadoop; Useful for #DataScience: Simple script from setting up R, Git, and Jags on Amazon EC2; How companies use R to compete.
- Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats - Jul 5, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at the Facebook recent data science experiment on emotion manipulation and the importance of happy kittens.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 19-20: 12 Free Data Mining, Data Science books; Exclusive: How to Lead in Big Data - May 21, 2014.
12 Free Data Mining, Data Science, Applied Stats, and Machine Learning Books ; Exclusive Interview: Michael O'Connell on How to Lead in Big Data; Free ebook: The Complete Guide to Facebook Analytics; AI, Deep Learning race between Google, Facebook, and Baidu.
- Top KDnuggets Tweets, May 14-15: Easier Facebook Network Analysis; Cloudera Live, a New Way to Start with Hadoop - May 16, 2014.
Facebook Network analysis, visualization is easier with httr from R wizard; Cloudera Live offers a new way start with #Hadoop - No downloads; Watch: Basics of Machine Learning ; BigML Machine Learning platform Spring Release.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 12-13: Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; How to analyze Facebook Networks using R - May 14, 2014.
Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; Clever hack: How to analyze Facebook Networks using R; Very useful - Introduction to #SQL for Data Scientists; Planning a late career shift to Analytics /Data Science? Be prepared.
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 4-6: Apache Spark – a Fast #BigData Analytics Engine; Facebook #DataScience tools - Apr 7, 2014.
Apache Spark - a Fast #BigData Analytics Engine - very good, detailed overview! Facebook #DataScience team releases open-source tools; Top #BigData start-ups by employee satisfaction; My answer to "Which will be better for career prospects in Machine Learning".
- Top stories for Feb 23 – Mar 1: Exclusive Interview with Yann LeCun; Graf.ly; Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics - Mar 2, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs; SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, Knime leaders in Gartner MQ for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 26-27: Facebook “Relationship Data Mining”; Non-human math: Wikipedia-size computer proof - Feb 28, 2014.
The gap between data mining and predictive models in Facebook Relationship Data Mining; Non-human math: Computer proof is Wikipedia size; A look at pioneering women in #BigData ; MS in Data Analytics from CUNY: Online and Affordable.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 3 (Feb 13) - Feb 28, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 3: Data Journalism, Analytics over Real-time Streaming Data, Facebook Graph Analysis with One Trillion Edges, Socializing Search by LinkedIn.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 2 (Feb 12) - Feb 27, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 2: Big Data Vendor Landscape, Machine Learning for Social Change, Secrets of Gertrude Stein, and Facebook Exascale Analytics.
- Top stories for Feb 16-22 - Feb 23, 2014.
KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab; One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R; Anaconda: Free, enterprise-ready Python for Big data; Why numbers do not tell the complete story.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Yann LeCun, Deep Learning Expert, Director of Facebook AI Lab - Feb 20, 2014.
We discuss what enabled Deep Learning to achieve remarkable successes recently, his argument with Vapnik about (deep) neural nets vs kernel (support vector) machines, and what kind of AI can we expect from Facebook.
- Deep Learning Wins Dogs vs Cats competition on Kaggle - Feb 5, 2014.
A Deep learning expert wins Kaggle Dogs vs Cats image competition with an almost perfect result.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-16: Here is how to call Python from R; US Median Data Scientist salary: $117,500 - Jan 17, 2014.
Here is how to call Python from R; Data Scientist Salary Survey: median salary in US is $117,500; Yann LeCun, Head of Facebook new AI Lab: we are limited only by how many smart people we can find.