- The title CDO started out as a joke - Jul 22, 2019.
How did the role of Chief Data Officer come to drive data literacy at companies around the world? Find out how it all began in this interview with the first who held the title at Yahoo!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 15-21: Predicting UEFA Euro2016; Visual Explanation of Backprop for Neural Nets - Jun 22, 2016.
Building statistical model to predict UEFA #Euro2016; A Visual Explanation of Back Propagation Algorithm for #NeuralNetworks; Scala is the new golden child for coding and #DataScience.
- What is Your Data Worth? On LinkedIn, Microsoft, and the Value of User Data - Jun 20, 2016.
The recent announcement of Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn has raised many questions about how Microsoft will monetize this data. We examine LinkedIn value per user and compare to Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Twitter.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n02, Jan 20: Research Leaders on Key Advances, Top Trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects - Jan 20, 2016.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github; Top 100 Big Data Experts to Follow; Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset.
- Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset for Researchers - Jan 18, 2016.
Are you interested in massive amounts of data for research? Yahoo has just released the largest-ever machine learning dataset to the research community.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 1 Highlights - Mar 2, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, San Jose.
- Interview: Nandu Jayakumar, Yahoo on What Does One Need for Big Data Success - Jan 27, 2015.
We discuss Yahoo’s contributions to Big Data ecosystem, recommendation to Big Data vendors, predictions for Big Data, advice, and more.
- Interview: Nandu Jayakumar, Yahoo on How Yahoo is Harnessing Big Data - Jan 26, 2015.
We discuss the major Big Data uses cases at Yahoo, major challenges, trends in enterprise Big Data implementations, and advantages of using Spark.
- Text Analytics Summit 2014, San Francisco, Nov 4-5 - Sep 16, 2014.
13th Annual Text Analytics Summit West will be back in San Francisco Nov 4-5, with workshops on Nov 3. Join text analytics practitioners, vendors, visionaries and thought leaders from top companies. KDnuggets discount.
- Founders of Yahoo! and MySQL Invest in Import.io - Sep 8, 2014.
Import.io raises $3M round from Jerry Yang and David Axmark. Released a streamlined version of web data extraction tool with exciting new features.
- August 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Sep 3, 2014.
August 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Infosys, Enlitic, Guavus, Google buys Jetpac, Algorithmia, MedAssets buys Sq2, Yahoo buys Zofari, Adatao.
- July 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 7, 2014.
July 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Twitter buys Madbits, WalmartLabs buys Luvocracy, Zillow buys Trulia, Apple buys Booklamp, Yahoo buys Flurry, Salesforce buys RelateIQ, Couchbase, GE, Databricks, and more.