- Neural Code Search: How Facebook Uses Neural Networks to Help Developers Search for Code Snippets - Jul 24, 2019.
Developers are always searching for answers to questions about their code. But how do they ask the right questions? Facebook is creating new NLP neural networks to help search code repositories that may advance information retrieval algorithms.
- Brookhaven National Laboratory: Postdoc in Materials Informatics [Upton, NY] - May 14, 2019.
Seeking candidates to develop and apply information retrieval, information extraction, and various Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to the scientific literature in materials science and crystallography for the purpose of building prototype computational data systems.
- Pandora: Sr Scientist – Search, Information Retrieval & Recommendation Systems [Oakland, CA] - Mar 5, 2019.
Pandora is seeking a Scientist on the Personalization and Discovery team, where you’ll help change the way people listen. You will be at the center of the next generation audio service creation, utilizing advanced algorithms to bring a delightful and personalized listening experiences that is easy to access.
- WTF is TF-IDF? - Aug 2, 2018.
Relevant words are not necessarily the most frequent words since stopwords like “the”, “of” or “a” tend to occur very often in many documents.
- Machine Learning for Text - Apr 9, 2018.
This book covers machine learning techniques from text using both bag-of-words and sequence-centric methods. The scope of coverage is vast, and it includes traditional information retrieval methods and also recent methods from neural networks and deep learning.
- U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: Open Rank Faculty Positions - Oct 9, 2017.
Seeking several outstanding full-time faculty members (rank open) to join our dynamic and collegial iSchool, especially in Information retrieval, data analytics, technology & society, and related areas.
- Natural Language Processing Key Terms, Explained - Feb 16, 2017.
This post provides a concise overview of 18 natural language processing terms, intended as an entry point for the beginner looking for some orientation on the topic.
- Syracuse iSchool: Faculty Positions, Tenure Track in Information Science - Sep 14, 2015.
We seek colleagues who can deepen and extend our strengths in library and information science, including information organization and retrieval, reference and information literacy services, entrepreneurial librarianship and data science.
- CHEMDNER competition: Chemical and drug name recognition task in patents - Jul 18, 2015.
Want to test your data science skills? Get ready for the next text mining and information retrieval challenge by CHEMDNER.
- Algorithmia Tested: Human vs Automated Tag Generation - Apr 21, 2015.
Algorithmia, the marketplace for algorithms, can be a platform for hosting APIs to do a plethora of text analytics and information retrieval tasks. Automatic post tagging is done in this case study to demonstrate the effectiveness and ease-of-use of the platform.
Pages: 1 2
- Most Viewed Text Mining Lectures - Sep 12, 2014.
View some of the most popular text mining lectures from videolectures.net and learn about topics including mining web data and building large-scale information retrieval systems.
- Exclusive: Interview with Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn - Mar 19, 2014.
Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn talks about search quality, IR, query understanding, and advice for data science enthusiasts. Don't miss: 4 steps to get your LinkedIn profile show up on top of search results.