- Using Twitter to Understand Pizza Delivery Apprehension During COVID - Aug 6, 2021.
Analyzing customer sentiments and capturing any specific difference in emotion to order Dominos pizza in India during lockdown.
Analytics, COVID-19, Data Science, Retail, Sentiment Analysis, Twitter
- Prepare for a Long Battle against Deepfakes - Feb 21, 2020.
While deepfakes threaten to destroy our perception of reality, the tech giants are throwing down the gauntlet and working to enhance the state of the art in combating doctored videos and images.
AI, Crime, Deepfakes, Facebook, Google, Politics, Trends, Twitter
- Serverless Machine Learning with R on Cloud Run - Feb 4, 2020.
Expedite the deployment of your machine models using serverless cloud infrastructure. In this tutorial, we explore creating and deploying a model which scraps real time Twitter data and returns interactive visualization using R.
Cloud, Machine Learning, R, Twitter
- Can graph machine learning identify hate speech in online social networks? - Sep 11, 2019.
Online hate speech is a complex subject. Follow this demonstration using state-of-the-art graph neural network models to detect hateful users based on their activities on the Twitter social network.
Graph Analytics, Machine Learning, Social Network Analysis, Twitter
- Emoji Analytics - Aug 30, 2019.
Emoji is becoming a global language understandable by anyone who expresses... emotion. With the pervasiveness of these little Unicode blocks, we can perform analytics on their use throughout social media to gain insight into sentiments around the world.
Analytics, Emoji, Social Network Analysis, Twitter
- Building NLP Classifiers Cheaply With Transfer Learning and Weak Supervision - Mar 15, 2019.
In this blog, I’ll walk you through a personal project in which I cheaply built a classifier to detect anti-semitic tweets, with no public dataset available, by combining weak supervision and transfer learning.
Pages: 1 2
Bias, fast.ai, NLP, Python, Text Classification, Transfer Learning, Twitter, ULMFiT
- Generating Text with RNNs in 4 Lines of Code - Jun 14, 2018.
Want to generate text with little trouble, and without building and tuning a neural network yourself? Let's check out a project which allows you to "easily train your own text-generating neural network of any size and complexity on any text dataset with a few lines of code."
Donald Trump, LSTM, NLP, Python, Recurrent Neural Networks, Twitter
- Bitcoin Trade Signals - Apr 25, 2018.
This article covers the transformation of public emotions, big news and blockchain data into signals which can provide us with a better understanding as well as instructions for investing.
Apache Superset, Bitcoin, Investment, Sentiment Analysis, Time Series, Twitter
- How StockTwits Applies Social and Sentiment Data Science - Mar 9, 2018.
StockTwits is a social network for investors and traders, giving them a platform to share assertions and perceptions, analyses and predictions.
Sentiment Analysis, Social Media, Stocks, Stocktwits, Twitter
- Extracting Tweets With R - Nov 14, 2017.
This article will give you a great, brief overview for extracting Tweets using R.
- Credible Sources of Accurate Information About AI - Oct 9, 2017.
I want to recommend several credible sources of accurate information. Most of the writing on this list is intended to be accessible to anyone—even if you aren’t a programmer or don’t work in tech.
AI, fast.ai, Hype, Jeremy Howard, Rachel Thomas, Research, Twitter, Zeynep Tufekci
- Find Out What Celebrities Tweet About the Most - Oct 5, 2017.
Word cloud is a popular data visualisation method. Here we show how to use R to create twitter word cloud of celebrities and politicians.
Andrew Ng, Data Visualization, Donald Trump, R, Twitter, Word Cloud
- Must-Know: How to determine the influence of a Twitter user? - May 30, 2017.
The influence of a Twitter user goes beyond the simple number of followers. We also want to examine how effective are tweets - how likely they are to be retweeted, favorited, or the links inside clicked upon. What exactly is an influential user depends on the definition.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Tweet Analytics with Pandas - Mar 29, 2017.
Unlike a lot of other tutorials which often pull from the real-time Twitter API, we will be using the downloadable Twitter Analytics data, and most of what we do will be done in Pandas.
Pandas, Python, Twitter
- 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 3 - Mar 15, 2017.
The third and final part of 17 new must-know Data Science interview questions and answers covers A/B testing, data visualization, Twitter influence evaluation, and Big Data quality.
Pages: 1 2
3Vs of Big Data, A/B Testing, Big Data, Data Quality, Data Science, Data Visualization, Influencers, Interview Questions, Statistics, Twitter
- Social Media for Marketing and Healthcare: Focus on Adverse Side Effects - Jan 9, 2017.
Social media like twitter, facebook are very important sources of big data on the internet and using text mining, valuable insights about a product or service can be found to help marketing teams. Lets see, how healthcare companies are using big data and text mining to improve their marketing strategies.
Healthcare, NLP, Social Media, Text Analytics, Text Mining, Twitter
- An NLP Approach to Analyzing Twitter, Trump, and Profanity - Nov 3, 2016.
Who swears more? Do Twitter users who mention Donald Trump swear more than those who mention Hillary Clinton? Let’s find out by taking a natural language processing approach (or, NLP for short) to analyzing tweets.
Pages: 1 2
Donald Trump, Natural Language Processing, NLP, Twitter
- The Trump Phenomenon: A Twitter Based Recount - Sep 26, 2016.
This analysis uses Twitter data to perform a sentiment analysis to help determine how people truly feel about Trump. We found that while his fans have supported him throughout his entire campaign, more and more Twitter users have started to grow tired of Trump’s attitude.
Pages: 1 2
Donald Trump, R, Sentiment Analysis, Text Analytics, Twitter
- A simple approach to anomaly detection in periodic big data streams - Aug 24, 2016.
We describe a simple and scaling algorithm that can detect rare and potentially irregular behavior in a time series with periodic patterns. It performs similarly to Twitter's more complex approach.
Anomaly Detection, Apache Spark, BMW, Time Series, Twitter
- Exploring Social Media Diversity with Natural Language Processing - Aug 10, 2016.
This post uses natural language processing on Twitter data to determine the diversity of Twitter accounts the author is following. An innovative take on social media analytics.
Pages: 1 2
Diversity, Natural Language Processing, NLP, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 7: Geolocation and Interactive Maps - Jul 6, 2016.
The final part of this 7 part series explores using geolocation and interactive maps with Twitter data.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n24, Jul 6: Text Mining 101; Softmax and Logistic Regression; Data Mining History: Support Vector Machines - Jul 6, 2016.
What is Softmax Regression and How is it Related to Logistic Regression; Text Mining 101: Topic Modeling; Data Mining History: The Invention of Support Vector Machines; Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 5: Data Visualisation Basics
Data Mining, Data Visualization, Logistic Regression, Social Media Analytics, Support Vector Machines, Text Mining, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 6: Sentiment Analysis Basics - Jul 5, 2016.
Part 6 of this series builds on the previous installments by exploring the basics of sentiment analysis on Twitter data.
Python, Sentiment Analysis, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Text Mining, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 5: Data Visualisation Basics - Jun 29, 2016.
Part 5 of this series takes on data visualization, as we look to make sense of our data and highlight interesting insights.
D3.js, Data Visualization, Python, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Text Mining, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 4: Rugby and Term Co-occurrences - Jun 27, 2016.
Part 4 of this series employs some of the lessons learned thus far to analyze tweets related to rugby matches and term co-occurrences.
Python, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Text Mining, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 3: Term Frequencies - Jun 22, 2016.
Part 3 of this 7 part series focusing on mining Twitter data discusses the analysis of term frequencies for meaningful term extraction.
Python, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Text Mining, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 2: Text Pre-processing - Jun 20, 2016.
Part 2 of this 7 part series on mining Twitter data for a variety of use cases focuses on the pre-processing of tweet text.
Data Processing, Python, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Twitter
- Political Data Science: Analyzing Trump, Clinton, and Sanders Tweets and Sentiment - Jun 18, 2016.
This post shares some results of political text analytics performed on Twitter data. How negative are the US Presidential candidate tweets? How does the media mention the candidates in tweets? Read on to find out!
Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, ParseHub, Politics, Sentiment Analysis, Twitter
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 1: Collecting Data - Jun 15, 2016.
Part 1 of a 7 part series focusing on mining Twitter data for a variety of use cases. This first post lays the groundwork, and focuses on data collection.
Python, Social Media, Social Media Analytics, Twitter
- Introducing @KDnuggetsJobs, Data Science Job Finding Tool - Apr 15, 2016.
KDnuggets is happy to introduce another tool for our readers in the process of looking for jobs: the @KDnuggetsJobs Twitter account, dedicated to sharing our Analytics, Data Science, and Big Data job listings.
Added to KDnuggets, Jobs, Twitter
- Ethics In Machine Learning: What we learned from Tay chatbot fiasco? - Mar 25, 2016.
As Microsoft chatbot Tay showed, Machine Learning brings us into a new world where our views on ethics and political correctness will be challenged. ML learns from us. In both good and bad ways, it reflects what we really are.
AI, Bots, Chatbot, Ethics, Microsoft, MLconf, Seattle, Twitter, WA
- InformationWeek Top Data Science, Analytics, and BI experts on Twitter - Jan 14, 2016.
Twitter is great place to learn about what data scientists, business intelligence practitioners, and analytics experts are thinking. Here are 11 of InformationWeek favorites.
Big Data Influencers, InformationWeek, Twitter
- The Data Awakens: Star Wars Sentiment Analysis - Jan 13, 2016.
We have tracked the activity on Twitter around the release date to gain insight into the reactions of people and their feelings about the latest episode of the most famous movie franchise in history.
Knoyd, Sentiment Analysis, Star Wars, Twitter
- Using Machine Learning To Predict Gender - Nov 24, 2015.
Here is an experiment from the CrowdFlower AI team, where they used user’s tweeter account link color, description, and a single random tweet with the word “and” or “the” in it and guessed who’s behind the curtain.
Pages: 1 2
CrowdFlower, Emoji, Gender, Machine Learning, Twitter
- Bot or Not: an end-to-end data analysis in Python - Nov 23, 2015.
Twitter bots are programs that compose and post tweets without human intervention, and they range widely in complexity. Here we are building a classifier with pandas, NLTK, and scikit-learn to identify Twitter bots.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bots, Erin Shellman, Humans vs Machines, Python, Twitter
- Tutorial: Building a Twitter Sentiment Analysis Process - Nov 3, 2015.
Tutorial on collecting and analyzing tweets using the “Text Analysis by AYLIEN” extension for RapidMiner.
Pages: 1 2 3
Data Visualization, RapidMiner, Sentiment Analysis, Text Mining, Twitter
- Data Mining for Predictive Social Network Analysis – Brazil Elections Case Study - Nov 2, 2015.
Here are the techniques used for a proof-of-concept that effectively analyzed Twitter Trend Topics to predict regional voting patterns in the 2014 Brazilian presidential election.
Pages: 1 2
Brazil, Elections, Social Network Analysis, Twitter
- Unlock the Power of Spark with IBM Watson and Twitter - Oct 22, 2015.
Spark is everywhere, including in IBM's cloud infrastructure. Read up on using Spark for Twitter analysis, and how it fits in with Watson and BlueMix.
Apache Spark, IBM, Twitter, Watson
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
Book, Glossary, Jobs, MOOC, Pedro Domingos, Quora, Talking Machines, Twitter
- Dissecting the Big Data Twitter Community through a Big data Lens - Sep 23, 2015.
Tweeter communities have activities: tweets, retweets, replies, and followers. Retweets graph is a good representation of actual connections in the network, their strengths, as well as the propagation of information through the network.
Pages: 1 2
Big Data Influencers, Srinath Perera, Twitter
- Jun 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jul 20, 2015.
Jun 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Spotify, Unicorn Power Law, Twitter + Whetlab, Belong, ZestFinance.
Big Data, Experfy, Saama, Salesforce, Spotify, Startups, Twitter, ZestFinance
- Scala By the Bay (Aug 13-16) + Big Data Scala (Aug 16-18), Bay Area - Jun 12, 2015.
77 best talks from the leading companies using Scala, Spark, and other Scala-based projects in production, including Twitter, Salesforce, Cloudera, Verizon, with innovative end-to-end pipeline training on Aug 16.
Alexy Khrabrov, Big Data, CA, Oakland, Scala, Twitter
- White House sees Data as the 21st Century Catalyst for Effective Policing - May 25, 2015.
Review of the steps taken by White House over last six months to modernize police data systems to better fight crime as well as build trust between community and police.
Chief Data Officer, Crime, DJ Patil, Government, Obama, Open Data, Police, Standards, Twitter, White House
- HappyGrumpy – Free Twitter Sentiment Analysis and Data - Apr 24, 2015.
HappyGrumpy has made available interesting data of Twitter sentiment changes and sentiment distribution around the world, by country, and over time.
Sentiment Analysis, Twitter
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 1 Highlights - Apr 1, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from ElephantScale, SciSpike, Twitter and Informatica on day 1 of Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara
Pages: 1 2
Developers, Elephant Scale, Global Big Data Conference, Highlights, Informatica, MongoDB, Parquet, SciSpike, Twitter
- Interview: Alessandro Gagliardi, Glassdoor on the Indispensable Skills for Data Scientists - Apr 1, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Glassdoor, important lessons, major factors affecting job satisfaction, challenges of working on Twitter Data, indispensable components of Data Science education.
Alessandro Gagliardi, Data Science Skills, Data Scientist, Glassdoor, Interview, Jobs, Prediction, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 23-25: 24 free resources on Data Mining, Data Science; More Training Data or More Complex Models? - Mar 26, 2015.
24 free resources and online books on #DataMining, #DataScience, #MachineLearning; New R Online Tool for Seasonal Adjustment of time series; Key #DataScience question: More Training Data or More Complex Models?; Twitter #DataMining finds origins of ISIS support.
Data Mining, Free ebook, ISIS, Time Series, Twitter
- 5 Lessons from a Data Science Chat - Mar 19, 2015.
Data science applications, key challenges, appropriate skills and more – key takeaways from a data science Tweet chat.
Booz Allen, Chat, Data Science, Data Science Skills, Twitter
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 1 Highlights - Mar 2, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, San Jose.
CA, Cloudera, Hadoop, HCatalog, Highlights, Hortonworks, IBM, MapR, MemSQL, San Jose, Strata, Twitter, Yahoo
- Fun and Top! US States in 2 Words using twitteR - Feb 19, 2015.
Combining twitteR package with text mining techniques and visualization tools can produce interesting outputs. Find out which US state is fun and top, and which is good and crazy, according to Twitter.
R, Text Mining, Twitter, USA
- Top Big Data Influencers and Brands - Feb 2, 2015.
Top Big Data influencers and brands on Twitter, selected by Onalytica based on the Pagerank analysis of Twitter graph.
About Gregory Piatetsky, About KDnuggets, Bernard Marr, Big Data, Big Data Influencers, Brands, Cloudera, IBM, Kirk D. Borne, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 19-20: 15 programming languages you need to know in 2015; R Programming fun: writing a Twitter bot - Jan 21, 2015.
15 #programming languages you need to know in 2015; #Facebook open sources its cutting-edge #DeepLearning tools; Simple Pictures that State-of-the-Art #AI Can't Recognize (yet); R Programming fun: writing a Twitter bot.
Deep Learning, Facebook, Image Recognition, Programming Languages, R, Twitter
- 8 Things to Check when you analyze Twitter data - Dec 16, 2014.
A review of biases and issues on large scale studies of human behavior in social media discussed by a recent paper published on Science.
Data Analysis, Science, Social Media, Twitter
- KDnuggets Interview: Paul Zikopoulos, IBM on Why Big Data needs Polyglots - Dec 13, 2014.
We discuss why not to focus on a single technology in Big Data, prevalent myths, what IBM & Twitter partnership means for the world, and current state of data governance.
Big Data, Hadoop, IBM, Interview, MapReduce, NoSQL, Paul Zikopoulos, Social Analytics, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week: P-values, the “gold standards” of statistical validity, are not as reliable - Nov 10, 2014.
P-values, the "gold standards" of statistical validity, are not as reliable; He Tweeted, She Tweeted: A Study on Romantic Breakups; A population density map of France from phone calls; Demystifying #DataScience.
Breakup, Data Science, France, P-value, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 27-28: Twitter Breakout detection in the wild; Marc Andreessen on #BigData and finance - Oct 29, 2014.
Dilbert on inability of designers predict results of A/B tests; Marc Andreessen @pmarc, web pioneer, VC @a16z on #BigData, upending finance; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete?;.@WillJHenry @data_nerd @KirkDBorne Data Scientists don't wear bowties!
Anomaly Detection, Cartoon, Data Scientist, Deep Learning, Dilbert, Marc Andreessen, Twitter
- Top stories for Oct 19-25: Ebola Data Science Lessons; DM Radio, Oct 30 on Predictive Tools with KDnuggets, Predixion - Oct 26, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets, Predixion, RedPoint, and Appnomic, Oct 30; Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge; TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing.
Challenge, DM Radio, Ebola, Hadoop, NLP, Social Good, Top stories, Twitter
- TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing - Oct 24, 2014.
A short overview of Natural Language Processing tools and utilities developed by Prof. Noah Smith, CMU and his team to analyze Twitter data.
Advanced Analytics, ARK, CMU, Datasets, NLP, Speech, Tools, Twitter
- Request: Crowdsourcing Health and Nutrition Tweets - Oct 20, 2014.
Help investigate the relationships between geo-location, age, gender, and nutrition through the medium of Twitter by labeling tweets for this research project.
Crowdsourcing, Healthcare, Nutrition, Social Media Analytics, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 3-9: What is Big Data – definitions from thought leaders - Sep 12, 2014.
What Is #BigData? Definitions from 40+ thought leaders; Fewer companies are hiring Data Scientists but #DataScience is still hot; Choosing the right estimator scikit-learn #CheatSheet; How do Twitter Analytics show followers gender, when they dont ask?
Big Data, scikit-learn, Twitter
- July 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 7, 2014.
July 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Twitter buys Madbits, WalmartLabs buys Luvocracy, Zillow buys Trulia, Apple buys Booklamp, Yahoo buys Flurry, Salesforce buys RelateIQ, Couchbase, GE, Databricks, and more.
Acquisitions, Apple, Companies, Databricks, GE, Salesforce, Startups, Twitter, Yahoo, Zillow
- ASE International Conference on Big Data Science 2014: Day 3 Highlights - Aug 5, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Science leaders from UC Davis, UT Dallas, Northrop Grumman Corp and NIST on day 3 of ASE Conference on Big Data Science 2014 held in Stanford University.
Analytics, Conference, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Semantic Analysis, Social Media, Stanford, Twitter
- KDnuggets 14:n16, Does Deep Learning have deep flaws? New poll: Largest dataset analyzed? - Jun 25, 2014.
KDnuggets analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Software, Opinions, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Academic, Tweets, CFP, and Quote.
Deep Learning, LIONbook, Netflix, Poll, Twitter
- KDnuggets Twitter Follower 20,000 – Interview - Jun 23, 2014.
KDnuggets crosses a milestone of 20,000 Twitter followers. Number 20,000 is a PhD student in Data Mining in China. I ask her about research, data mining, Big Data market leaders in China, and more.
China, KDnuggets Honors, Liyang Tang, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 11-12: Huge Big Data poster; “Data science” misses half the equation - Jun 13, 2014.
Huge Big Data Poster and Reference; "Data science" misses half the equation: you also need "decision science"; Proposed ethical guidelines for Twitter data mining: clear objectives, protect anonymity; Great talk at Google! John Ioannidis on why most published research is wrong.
Big Data, Decision Science, Ethics, Poster, Twitter
- Profile: KDnuggets Serves Analytics and Big Data Fields - Jun 11, 2014.
A profile of KDnuggets, including an overview, history, and present highlights, is featured on the homepage of INFORMS, a major society for Analytics and Optimization (until June 23, 2014).
Big Data, Gregory Piatetsky, INFORMS, KDD, KDnuggets Honors, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 30 – Jun 1: Guide to Setting Up an R-Hadoop ; 100+ Interesting Data Sets - Jun 2, 2014.
Tutorial: Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up an R - #Hadoop System; 100+ Interesting Data Sets for Statistics (and Data Science); #BigData sets available for free - big list from Data Science Central ; Twitter to release all tweets to scientists - a research boon and an ethical dilemma.
Datasets, Hadoop, R, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 21-22: Outlier Detection for Temporal Data; Become a Big Data mgr with #ieMBD - May 23, 2014.
Outlier Detection for Temporal Data ; 1.5M #BigData managers will be needed - Become one with #ieMBD; Goldman Sachs Surveillance Analytics; InformationWeek 10 Big Data Pros To Follow On Twitter.
Anomaly Detection, Data Science Education, Goldman Sachs, Temporal Data, Twitter
- InformationWeek 10 Big Data Pros To Follow On Twitter - May 22, 2014.
Information Week list of 10 Big Data Pros includes leading industry experts @merv, @sogrady, @Sve_Sic, @KirkDBorne, @KDnuggets, @BigDataGal, @Data_Nerd, @JaimeFitzgerald, @TonyBaer, and @marcusborba.
Big Data, Gregory Piatetsky, InformationWeek, KDnuggets Honors, Kirk D. Borne, Top 10, Twitter
- Signi-Trend App: Detecting Significant Trends in Text - May 21, 2014.
Signi-Trend is a visual explorer tool for a new, heavy-hitters style, trend detection algorithm. Details will be published at KDD 2014.
Erich Schubert, KDD-2014, Text Analytics, Trend Detection, Twitter
- Top 100 Startup Experts to Follow on Twitter - May 17, 2014.
A list of Top 100 Startup Experts to Follow on Twitter is headed by @kdnuggets. Check our tweets on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science startups and acquisitions under hashtag #BigDataCo.
Experts, Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets Honors, Startups, Twitter
- April 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - May 8, 2014.
April 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Experfy, Dunnhumby, NexGraph, Fundbox, FICO, Gnip, Fliptop, InBloom, Jaspersoft, and more.
Acquisitions, dunnhumby, Experfy, FICO, Gnip, India, Jaspersoft, Startups, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 11-13: Influential Data Scientists on Twitter; Data Analytics Handbook – free download - Apr 14, 2014.
Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and what they do now; Data Analytics Handbook - Interviews with Data Scientists and CEO, free download; An Introduction to Deep Learning in Java; #BigData Salaries for Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs
Data Scientist, Deep Learning, free download, Interview, Java, Salary, Twitter
- CEOWorld Top Big Data Executives and Experts to Follow on Twitter - Apr 7, 2014.
Another list of 64 Top Big Data Execs and Experts on Twitter from CEO World is lead by Hilary Mason (@hmason), @todd_park, @SethGrimes, Cindi Howson (@biscorecard), and Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro (@kdnuggets).
Big Data, Experts, Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets Honors, Twitter
- KDnuggets Twitter Social Network - Mar 14, 2014.
We examine KDnuggets Twitter social network, created by NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft Excel for social network analysis.
Excel, Kirk D. Borne, NodeXL, Social Networks, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 7-9: Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit - Mar 10, 2014.
Learn very useful skills! #DataScience Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit; For data science hackers: combining Emacs, ESS and R for Zombies; Mashape - Free Natural Language Processing Service.
Cloudera, Dancing, Emacs, ESS, IPython, Mashape, NLP, R, Twitter
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 28 – Mar 2: Using R with Twitter – great tutorial; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining - Mar 3, 2014.
Using R with Twitter - great tutorial in Rstudio; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining; Wolfram Breakthrough Knowledge-based Programming Language; Online Data Science Certificates in Analytics and Programming for Data Science.
Certificate, Data Mining, Online Education, R, Rstudio, Twitter, Wolfram
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-20: The six types of conversations on Twitter; 25 Free eBooks on Artificial Intelligence - Feb 21, 2014.
The six types of conversations on Twitter; 25 Free ebooks on AI: Introductions, Intelligent Agents, Vision; Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendation - free ebook download; First UK Data Science Summer School to open In August, free 5-week course.
AI, Free ebook, NodeXL, Summer School, Twitter, UK
- Twitter Data Grants for Researchers – submit a proposal by Mar 15 - Feb 6, 2014.
Researchers can get access to a comprehensive and very large set of Twitter data - submit a proposal to Twitter Data Grants pilot program by March 15.
Data, Gnip, Research proposal, Twitter