- KDnuggets™ News 20:n24, Jun 17: Easy Speech-to-Text with Python; Data Distributions Overview; Java for Data Scientists - Jun 17, 2020.
Also: Deploy a Machine Learning Pipeline to the Cloud Using a Docker Container; Five Cognitive Biases In Data Science (And how to avoid them); Understanding Machine Learning: The Free eBook; Simplified Mixed Feature Type Preprocessing in Scikit-Learn with Pipelines; A Complete guide to Google Colab for Deep Learning
- Easy Speech-to-Text with Python - Jun 10, 2020.
In this blog, I am demonstrating how to convert speech to text using Python. This can be done with the help of the “Speech Recognition” API and “PyAudio” library.
- Easy Text-to-Speech with Python - May 18, 2020.
Python comes with a lot of handy and easily accessible libraries and we’re going to look at how we can deliver text-to-speech with Python in this article.
- A 2019 Guide to Speech Synthesis with Deep Learning - Sep 9, 2019.
In this article, we’ll look at research and model architectures that have been written and developed to do just that using deep learning.
- Intuit: Sr Manager Data and Analytics – Speech and Text Insights [Mountain View, CA] - May 10, 2019.
Seeking a Sr Manager Data and Analytics for Speech and Text Insights, to oversee the design, development, deployment and management of batch and real-time fraud and credit risk models for both onboarding and monitoring purposes.
- Interspeech 2018: Highlights for Data Scientists - Dec 24, 2018.
Key highlights from the Interspeech conference, with topics covering end-to-end models for automatic speech recognition, information theory approach to deep learning, speech processing and education, and more.
- Building an Audio Classifier using Deep Neural Networks - Dec 15, 2017.
Using a deep convolutional neural network architecture to classify audio and how to effectively use transfer learning and data-augmentation to improve model accuracy using small datasets.
- Deep Learning cleans podcast episodes from ‘ahem’ sounds - Nov 8, 2016.
“3.5 mm audio jack… Ahem!!” where did you hear that? ;) Well, this post is not about Google Pixel vs iPhone 7, but how to remove ugly “Ahem” sound from a speech using deep convolutional neural network. I must say, very interesting read.
- Xerox Research Centre India: Research Scientist/Engineer: Speech and Signal Processing - Oct 5, 2015.
Speech group main goal is to enable Human-Computer-Smartphone interactions to be speech enabled in our day-to-day and professional lives.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 25 and beyond - Aug 24, 2015.
Advance Speech Analytics, Mobile Analytics, Scraping data with import.io, Graph Analytics, Big Data Certification - which one, and more.
- TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing - Oct 24, 2014.
A short overview of Natural Language Processing tools and utilities developed by Prof. Noah Smith, CMU and his team to analyze Twitter data.
- Educational Testing Service: Research Director NLP, Speech Processing - Mar 12, 2014.
Lead a team of 26 scientists and engineers in the research and development of fundamental and applied research in NLP and speech processing to address current needs and anticipate future needs of education and assessment.