- Trump, Failure of Prediction, and Lessons for Data Scientists - Nov 9, 2016.
The shocking and unexpected win of Donald Trump of presidency of the United States has once again showed the limits of Data Science and prediction when dealing with human behavior.
- Political Data Science: Analyzing Trump, Clinton, and Sanders Tweets and Sentiment - Jun 18, 2016.
This post shares some results of political text analytics performed on Twitter data. How negative are the US Presidential candidate tweets? How does the media mention the candidates in tweets? Read on to find out!
- Trump vs Clinton – What are the Odds? - Mar 7, 2016.
Even with 5% advantage for Clinton, statistical analysis and examining how undecided break towards these candidates, we estimate a 25%-30% chance that Trump would be elected president.
- Visualizing Unstructured Analysis – Elections, Words, and Zika virus - Feb 15, 2016.
Unstructured data has proven to be a big analytics challenge. This week in the Data Driven Digest, we’re serving up some ingenious visualizations of unstructured data and making it talk.
- Money vs Votes in New Hampshire Primary – SuperPACs not very effective - Feb 12, 2016.
We examine the money and votes in New Hampshire 2016 Primary. Over $100 million was spent by all campaigns, with hugely varying results, and no apparent correlation between money and votes.