- Weapons of Math Destruction, Ethical Matrix, Nate Silver and more Highlights from the Data Science Leaders Summit - Jul 31, 2018.
Domino Data Lab hosted its first ever Data Science Leaders Summit at the lovely Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco on May 30-31, 2018. Cathy O'Neil, Nate Silver, Cassie Kozyrkov and Eric Colson were some of the speakers at this event.
Pages: 1 2
Algorithms, Business Analytics, Cassie Kozyrkov, Data Science, Domino, Ethics, Machine Learning, Moody's, Nate Silver, Stitch Fix
- Hear From Data Science Luminaries Nate Silver and Cathy O’Neil at Rev, May 30-31, SF - Apr 3, 2018.
Rev is for data science leaders and practitioners, offering interactive sessions, stimulating conversations, and tutorials about how to run, manage, and accelerate data science as an organizational capability. Get early bird rates until April 15.
CA, Data Science, Domino, Nate Silver, San Francisco
- Trump, Failure of Prediction, and Lessons for Data Scientists - Nov 9, 2016.
The shocking and unexpected win of Donald Trump of presidency of the United States has once again showed the limits of Data Science and prediction when dealing with human behavior.
Donald Trump, Elections, Failure, Hillary Clinton, Nate Silver, Poll
- New KDnuggets Podcasts Page - Jan 14, 2016.
Check out KDnuggets' new podcasts page, and let us know what we're missing.
Added to KDnuggets, Freakonomics, IBM, Nate Silver, O'Reilly, Podcast, Talking Machines
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 23-29: One Artificial Neuron Taught to Recognize 100s of Patterns; 5 projects to learn Data Science - Nov 30, 2015.
Also 5 projects to learn #DataScience; 5 Tribes of #MachineLearning & Master #Algorithm; DataMining photos document 100 years of #smiles.
Data Science Education, Datapalooza, Nate Silver, Neural Networks, Pedro Domingos
- Rich Data Summit Takeaways - Oct 19, 2015.
Data scientists get excited about algorithms. But nearly all time spent working with data involves acquiring, pipelining, annotating and cleaning it. At the Rich Data Summit in SF, data's dirty work took center stage.
CrowdFlower, Data Cleaning, Lukas Biewald, Nate Silver, Zachary Lipton
- Rich Data Summit, San Francisco, Oct 14 – early bird by Sep 14 - Sep 9, 2015.
The Rich Data Summit is a one-of-a-kind event focused on wrangling, cleaning, blending, and enriching data, with stellar speakers including Nate Silver. Register by Sep 14 for early bird discount with code: RDSCF20.
CA, Nate Silver, Rich Data, San Francisco
- My Brief Guide to Big Data and Predictive Analytics for non-experts - Feb 12, 2015.
My brief guide to Big Data and Predictive Analytics for non-experts suggests key books, films, and websites to learn more.
Big Data, Charles Stross, Deep Learning, Eric Siegel, Kenneth Cukier, Nate Silver, The Guardian
- Year in Review: Top KDnuggets tweets in November - Dec 27, 2014.
P-values, the "gold standards" of statistical validity, are not as reliable; Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design; Keep this #Python Cheat Sheet handy when learning to code; 8 Steps to Becoming a #DataScientist.
Cheat Sheet, Data Science Education, Nate Silver, P-value, Python
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
Azure ML, Cloud Computing, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Microsoft Azure, Nate Silver, Predictive Analytics, Strata
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 31 – Nov 2: Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design - Nov 3, 2014.
Best Infographics of the Year: Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design; The invention of the Equals Sign jump-started math; A Great Collection of Machine Learning Algorithms; LinkedIn breaking up its data science team.
Infographic, LinkedIn, Mathematics, Nate Silver
- Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight tackles Climate Change, fails on Data Science - Mar 28, 2014.
Nate Silver FiveThirtyEight forays into climate science and drowns in criticism for bad data analysis. We examine a basic data science question: Can we tell if natural disasters are related to climate?
Climate Change, FiveThirtyEight, Munich Re, Nate Silver, Natural Disasters