- Free dataset worth $1350 to test the accent gap! - Aug 3, 2021.
With so many accent variations, how do speech and voice technologies keep up? In a few words: accented speech training data, representative of diverse groups of people. The more people your model can understand, the more likely you are to acquire and retain customers.
Competition, Dataset, Marketplace, Speech Recognition
- Calling All Data Geeks to Come Home and Ignite Their Powers - Apr 1, 2019.
Introducing GOJEK, the superapp that is looking for people to help with its mission to make an impact through data.
App, Business Intelligence, Data Science, GOJEK, Indonesia, Marketplace
- Data Exchange and Marketplace, a New Business Model in Making - Apr 23, 2018.
This article covers how an ever-increasing amount of data will trigger the evolution of a new ecosystem that will spur entrepreneurial activity, offering an opportunity to start a wide range of new businesses.
AI, Business, Data, IoT, Marketplace
- Exclusive Interview: Doug Laney on Big Data and Infonomics - Jan 25, 2018.
We discuss 3Vs of Big Data; Infonomics and many aspects of monetizing information including promising analytics methods, successful companies, main challenges; Information marketplaces and why data ownership concept is misguided, and more.
3Vs of Big Data, Big Data, Doug Laney, Infonomics, Marketplace, Privacy
- R-Brain Platform for Data Science: R, Python, sharing, security, and marketplace - Dec 7, 2016.
R-Brain IDE enables data scientists to use both R and Python with full language support. It enables sharing and has a marketplace for models. Try it free.
Data Science Platform, Marketplace, Python, R, R-Brain
- Interview: Ali Vanderveld, Groupon on How Data Science is Changing the Global E-commerce Marketplace - Jul 17, 2015.
We discuss the tools used for data science, competitive landscape, journey from astrophysics to data science, advice, skills sought in data scientists, and more.
Advice, Ali Vanderveld, Career, Competition, Data Science, Ecommerce, Groupon, Interview, Marketplace, Mobile
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n11, Apr 15: Big Data Predictive Analytics Gainers & Losers; Awesome Public Datasets - Apr 15, 2015.
Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub; Gold Mine or Blind Alley? Functional Programming for Machine Learning; Inside Deep Learning - Convolutional networks; KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Hadoop World London.
Crowdsourcing, Datasets, Deep Learning, Free Pass, Marketplace, Neural Networks, Predictive Analytics, Strata
- Algorithmia – How Marketplaces are Fostering Innovation? - Apr 9, 2015.
We have a marketplace for almost everything – mobile apps, cabs, hotels, and what not. But, not for algorithms. Algorithmia takes up that challenge.
Algorithmia, API, California, Crowdsourcing, Innovation, Marketplace, Social Networks
- PredictionIO (Open Source Version) vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning - Mar 26, 2015.
Azure Machine Learning and PredictionIO are tools that both have similar visions and similar features, but when digging deeper you’ll notice key differences and key advantages to each.
Pages: 1 2 3
Azure ML, Louis Dorard, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Microsoft Azure, PredictionIO
- Beagli: Finding value in your personal data - Feb 25, 2015.
Personal analytics products can help users extract value from their data. This post describes our development of Beagli, a platform for mining and auctioning personal data.
Marketplace, Privacy, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, January: Good list of Machine Learning Resources, Deep Learning, Graphical Models; Sample solutions with R on Azure ML Marketplace - Feb 24, 2015.
Good list of #MachineLearning Resources, #DeepLearning, Graphical Models; Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace #rstats; New book: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, by @dpatil, @hmason; Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining.
Azure ML, Deep Learning, DJ Patil, Hilary Mason, IPython, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Python, R
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 26 – Feb 1: Good list of Machine Learning Resources; Sample Machine Learning solutions with R - Feb 2, 2015.
Good list of #MachineLearning Resources, #DeepLearning, Graphical Models; Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace #rstats; Decision Tree Algorithms: comparing Gini Index, Chi-Square, Information Gain; Cartoon: Lets solve 2+4=? first, worry about #DataMining Later.
Azure ML, Cartoon, Decision Trees, Machine Learning, Marketplace, R, xkcd
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 26-27: Sample Machine Learning solutions with R on Azure ML Marketplace - Jan 28, 2015.
Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace; xkcd explains P-Values: from Highly Significant to cr*p; Why you should learn R first for #datascience; Useful: 14 Data #Visualization Tools to Tell Better Stories.
Azure ML, Cartoon, Data Visualization, Marketplace, P-value, R, xkcd
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on Azure ML and the Emerging Data Science Economy - Nov 19, 2014.
We discuss what distinguishes Azure ML from its intense competition, the online machine learning university, current maturity level of Big Data solutions, important skills for data scientists and more.
Azure ML, Hiring, Joseph Sirosh, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Microsoft, Predictive Analytics
- Interview: Joseph Sirosh, Microsoft on How Azure ML is Simplifying Predictive Analytics - Nov 18, 2014.
Microsoft Corporate VP of Machine Learning, Joseph Sirosh talks about the recently released Azure ML, users’ feedback, favorite business use cases, how Azure ML fits in the Microsoft’s portfolio for Big Data solutions and more.
Azure ML, Dell, Joseph Sirosh, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Microsoft, Predictive Analytics
- Why Azure ML is the Next Big Thing for Machine Learning? - Nov 17, 2014.
With advanced capabilities, free access, strong support for R, cloud hosting benefits, drag-and-drop development and many more features, Azure ML is ready to take the consumerization of ML to the next level.
Azure ML, Cloud Computing, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Microsoft Azure, Nate Silver, Predictive Analytics, Strata
- MoDAT: Designing the Market of DATa – Workshop Report - May 28, 2014.
An overview of MoDAT workshop on "Designing the Market of DATa" - key research ideas such as recommending expertise, chance discovery, "data jackets", privacy risks, and more.
Dallas-TX, ICDM, IEEE, Marketplace, Workshop, Yukio Ohsawa
- Experfy, Big Data Consulting Marketplace from Harvard - May 2, 2014.
Good news for data experts - you have many new options with Experfy, a startup from Harvard Innovation Lab, which is a consulting marketplace where companies hire talent for Big Data, Analytics, and BI projects.
Consulting, Harvard, Marketplace, Startup
- Are Big Data and Privacy at odds? FICO Interview - Apr 23, 2014.
We discuss privacy, FICO scores, balancing predictive power and non-discrimination, whether technology bringing big data and privacy closer, and most important privacy issues for FICO.
Andrew Jennings, Credit Risk, FICO, Marketplace, Privacy
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 31 – Apr 1: Experfy marketplace for Data Science projects; Event Recommendation in Python - Apr 2, 2014.
Experfy launches a marketplace for #DataScience projects; Machine Learning Project: Event Recommendation in Python ; Anyone can see your email address on LinkedIn with this Chrome extension; 5 reasons to use R: free, popularity, power, flexibility, support.
Experfy, LinkedIn, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Python, R
- Top stories for Mar 16-22: Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; How Many Data Scientists are out there? - Mar 23, 2014.
Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; How Many Data Scientists are out there? Predictive Analytics Marketplaces; Data Scientist Salary Survey; How Deep Learning Analytics Mimic the Mind.
Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Predictive Analytics, Salary
- Predictive Analytics Marketplaces: Viable Solution to the Data Scientist Shortage Crisis? - Mar 18, 2014.
We examine strengths and weaknesses of several approaches for alleviating the shortage of data scientists.
Data Scientist, Marketplace, Predictive Analytics, Shortage, Strengths, Weaknesses
- Why Predictive Analytics Marketplaces are not taking off, and how to fix it - Mar 1, 2014.
Three main hurdles holding back Predictive Analytics Marketplaces are a highly fragmented data mining tools market, limited support for customization, and lack of commitment. We examine how to overcome them.
How to fix, Hurdles, Marketplace, Predictive Analytics, Snap Analytx