- SQream Announces Massive Data Revolution Video Challenge - Dec 1, 2020.
Data professionals are invited to share their massive data challenges from their own unique perspectives. Learn more about the Massive Data Revolution Video Challenge, get a $50 Amazon gift card, and be sure to submit your entry by December 16th.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n40, Oct 21: fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart’s Law for Data Science: what happens when a measure becomes a target? - Oct 21, 2020.
fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart's Law for Data Science and what happens when a measure becomes a target?; Text Mining with R: The Free eBook; Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science; How to ace the data science coding challenge
- How to ace the data science coding challenge - Oct 15, 2020.
Preparing to interview for a Data Scientist position takes preparation and practice, and then it could all boil down to a final review of your skills. Based on personal experience, these tips on how to approach such a review will help you excel in the coding challenge project for your next interview.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n05, Feb 5: How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company; 12-Hour Machine Learning Challenge - Feb 5, 2020.
Read how one very persistent data scientist got a job at her dream company; Learn how to complete a 12 hour ML challenge; Top 10 AI, Machine Learning research papers; How to optimize your Jupyter notebook; and PyTorch FTW.
- 12-Hour Machine Learning Challenge: Build & deploy an app with Streamlit and DevOps tools - Feb 3, 2020.
This article will present the knowledge, process, tools, and frameworks required for completing a 12-hour ML challenge. I hope you can find it useful for your personal or professional projects.
- Financial Entity Identification and Information Integration Challenge 2018 - Mar 13, 2018.
Take part in the Financial Entity Challenges. Sign up to participate, download the data, submit your solution, and come talk about your work at the ACM DSMM 2018 Workshop.
- 2018 IEEE Big Data Cup - Feb 16, 2018.
The IEEE Big Data conference series started in 2013 has established itself as the top tier research conference in Big Data. We invite industrial, government, and academic organizations to submit proposals to organize a Data Challenge for the 2018 IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- WCAI Analytics Accelerator Challenge - Sep 1, 2017.
Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative is looking to provide implementable solutions to companies most pressing marketing and analytics problems. Apply by Sep 25 to get a team of top Penn students work on your problem.
- Wrapping Our Primate Brains Around AI’s Next Grand Challenge - Aug 24, 2017.
AI has moved beyond the Turing Test and is literally “moving” towards new directions. We argue that the new AI grand challenge is to allow intelligence to become more embodied and animal-like.
- CAMELYON17 Grand Challenge – Help improve diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with AI - Jan 16, 2017.
Here is a challenge to contribute to the world health, organised by Camelyon17 and IEEE. Come forward to build a healthy world. Submission deadline is April 1, 2017s.
- NIJ Crime Forecasting Challenge – help improve policing and public safety with data science! - Sep 22, 2016.
The nation needs brilliant, creative minds to lead the next generation of crime forecasting. Enter the competition sponsored by National Institute of Justice to help improve policing and public safety with data science. $1.2 Million will be awarded.
- Black Box Challenge Machine Learning Competition - Apr 21, 2016.
Take part in an unusual machine learning competition — program an agent (in Python) that can play a game with unknown rules.
- Camelyon16 – Machine Learning Challenge in cancer detection - Jan 18, 2016.
Camelyon16 challenge in conjugation with IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging is here! You have to design and develop a system which can detect and localize metastatic regions in whole slide microscopic images.
- HeroX Integra Gold Rush Data Science Challenge - Oct 3, 2015.
The Integra Gold Rush Challenge invites people from around the world, from any background to analyze this data and win prizes totaling CAD $1 million.
- Exclusive Interview: Big Data and Data Science at UN - Sep 16, 2015.
We interview the UN Chief Information Technology Officer about how Big Data and Data Science can help solve world's problem. Check Unite Ideas crowdsourcing platform for data analytics challenges where you can help.
- Knight News Challenge on Data opens for ideas, apply by Sep 30 - Sep 13, 2015.
The Knight News Challenge on Data open for ideas - apply by Sep 30, propose projects that use data for good to inform and empower people. Winners will receive a share of $3M.
- HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database with results - Aug 19, 2015.
HeroX launched the Cognitive Computing Challenge – a $200,000 USD incentive prize to build a cognitive system that can read a document, then accurately load a database with what it finds.
- Ontotext Introduces the S4 Developer Challenge - Mar 17, 2015.
The challenge will award a cash prize to developers that write the most interesting demo, application or show case utilizing the S4 capabilities for text analytics, linked data and knowledge graphs. Submissions due Mar 31.
- BioASQ challenge on large-scale biomedical semantic indexing and question answering - Jan 23, 2015.
The BioASQ challenge has 2 tasks: large-scale biomedical semantic indexing (join in February) and biomedical semantic QA (join in March-April).
- ChaLearn Automatic Machine Learning Challenge (AutoML) - Jan 15, 2015.
Design the perfect machine learning “black box” capable of performing all model selection and hyper-parameter tuning without any human intervention. There is a prize pool of $30,000 donated by Microsoft if you are willing to make your code publicly available.
- SBP15 Grand Data Challenge - Dec 5, 2014.
Use social media analytics on public data to help analyze and explore social inequality and aid the disadvantaged in SBP15 Grand Data Challenge. Submissions due Jan 20.
- Research Challenge: 2015 ACM India SIGKDD Conference on Data Sciences - Dec 5, 2014.
For the 2015 ACM India SIGKDD challenge data scientists are tasked with using social media and traffic data in the form of text, images, and video to track traffic movement in an effort to improve traffic management. Jan 15 Deadline.
- 2015 RecSys Challenge: predicting online purchases from clicks - Nov 14, 2014.
ACM RecSys 2015 poses the 2015 RecSys Challenge, seeking researchers interested in prediction of purchases and clicks from online users using a dataset provided by a large European retailer.
- Top stories for Oct 19-25: Ebola Data Science Lessons; DM Radio, Oct 30 on Predictive Tools with KDnuggets, Predixion - Oct 26, 2014.
Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; DM Radio: Predictive Tools Are Pervasive, with KDnuggets, Predixion, RedPoint, and Appnomic, Oct 30; Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge; TweetNLP: Twitter Natural Language Processing.
- Big Data for Social Good IBM + Hadoop Challenge - Oct 20, 2014.
Use city data to develop great applications for social good and earn prizes in IBM's new Big Data for Social Good challenge, starting in November 10. More information on eligibility, terms, and prizes will be available at launch.
- LinkedIn Economic Graph Challenge - Oct 16, 2014.
Leverage the LinkedIn Economic Graph for your innovative and ambitious ideas for increasing economic value and gaining insights into economic opportunities using LinkedIn data and support. Proposals due Dec 15.
- Lavastorm Wizard and Witches Challenge - Oct 15, 2014.
Make-believe costume company, WigWarts Costumes, is launching a new glow in the dark range of costumes in time for Halloween 2014. Help them combine and analyze data in Lavastorm Wizard and Witches Challenge - entries due Oct 30.
- Kaggle Epilepsy Seizure Prediction Challenge - Aug 28, 2014.
Create a forecasting system for predicting epileptic seizures in this Kaggle challenge to help improve the lives of epilepsy patients and win prizes. Competition ends on November 17.
- Interesting Social Media Datasets - Aug 13, 2014.
Learn about some of the many interesting social media datasets available to you, some of which are quite new, and the different features and challenges they offer you for your next big data science project.
- Lavastorm Sun Seekers Caribbean Challenge 2 - Aug 5, 2014.
Use Lavastorm Analytics Engine Public Edition to overcome data quality issues and consolidate the lists. Step-by-step instructions make completing the task a snap! Submit your entry by August 31, 2014.
- VizRisk: HHS Visualization Challenge to Change Health - Jul 30, 2014.
VizRisk is the first US government prize competition that seeks to use visualizations of behavioral health data to inform personal and policy decisions.
- Innocentive Challenge: Novel Approaches for Predicting Life Expectancy - Jul 21, 2014.
Help develop novel methods for life expectancy prediction without using traditional medical records, invasive tests, or examinations in this Innocentive Challenge. Submissions due by August 4th.
- VAST Visual Analytics Challenge 2014: Visualization and Crime-Solving - Apr 5, 2014.
VAST Challenge 2014 involves three mini-challenges that focus on text, location, and streaming data analysis, and an overall Grand Challenge to test your skills. Submit entries before July 8.
- Innocentive: INSTINCT – The IARPA Trustworthiness Challenge - Mar 16, 2014.
This challenge investigates novel statistical techniques to identify neurophysiological correlates of trustworthiness. Deadline: May 5.
- Cloudera Data Science Challenge - Mar 10, 2014.
Your task is to analyze a large amount of data from Medicare and try to detect abnormal data -- providers, areas, or patients with unusual procedures and/or claims. Challenge starts March 31, 2014.