- Xavier Amatriain’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence 2019 Year-end Roundup - Dec 16, 2019.
It is an annual tradition for Xavier Amatriain to write a year-end retrospective of advances in AI/ML, and this year is no different. Gain an understanding of the important developments of the past year, as well as insights into what expect in 2020.
2020 Predictions, AI, Deep Learning, Healthcare, NLP, PyTorch, Reinforcement Learning, Review, Self-supervised Learning, TensorFlow, Xavier Amatriain
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2019 and Key Trends for 2020 - Dec 9, 2019.
As we say goodbye to one year and look forward to another, KDnuggets has once again solicited opinions from numerous research & technology experts as to the most important developments of 2019 and their 2020 key trend predictions.
2020 Predictions, AI, Ajit Jaokar, Analytics, Andriy Burkov, Anima Anandkumar, Daniel Tunkelang, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Pedro Domingos, Research, Rosaria Silipo, Xavier Amatriain
- The year in AI/Machine Learning advances: Xavier Amatriain 2018 Roundup - Jan 11, 2019.
A summary of the main machine learning advances from 2018, including AI hype cooling down, interpretability, deep learning, NLP, and more.
2019 Predictions, AI, Hype, Interpretability, Machine Learning, Xavier Amatriain
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 15, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
2018 Predictions, AI, Ajit Jaokar, Brandon Rohrer, Daniel Tunkelang, Hugo Larochelle, Machine Learning, Pedro Domingos, Sebastian Raschka, Xavier Amatriain
- Xavier Amatriain’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup - Dec 14, 2017.
So much has happened in the world of AI that it is hard to fit in a couple of paragraphs. Here is my attempt.
2018 Predictions, AI, Machine Learning, Xavier Amatriain
- AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI - Oct 27, 2017.
The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016. The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own. We examine what this means for AI.
AI, AlphaGo, DeepMind, Google, Reinforcement Learning, Xavier Amatriain
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice, Updated - Jun 26, 2017.
Gain some insight on a variety of topics with select answers from Quora's current top machine learning writers. Advice on research, interviews, hot topics in the field, how to best progress in your learning, and more are all covered herein.
Advice, Ian Goodfellow, Machine Learning, Quora, Top 10, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- Is “Artificial Intelligence” Dead? Long Live Deep Learning?!? - Aug 26, 2016.
Has Deep Learning become synonymous with Artificial Intelligence? Read a discussion on the topic fuelled by the opinions of 7 participating experts, and gain some additional insight into the future of research and technology.
Pages: 1 2
AI, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Gregory Piatetsky, Hugo Larochelle, Machine Learning, Pedro Domingos, Xavier Amatriain
- Avoiding Complexity of Machine Learning Problems - Mar 31, 2016.
Sometimes machine learning is the perfect tool for a task. Sometimes it is unnecessary overkill. Here are important lessons learned from the Quora engineering team.
Pages: 1 2
Complexity, Machine Learning, Quora, Xavier Amatriain
- Introducing Quora’s Machine Learning Sessions Series - Jan 19, 2016.
Quora is launching a new format for interacting with domain experts and sharing knowledge, and its first topic is Machine Learning. Yoshua Bengio is the first expert, and he is accepting questions now.
Machine Learning, Question answering, Quora, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- 20 Lessons From Building Machine Learning Systems - Dec 8, 2015.
Data science is not only a scientific field, but also it requires the art and innovation from time to time. Here, we have compiled wisdom learned from developing data science products for over a decade by Xavier Amatriain.
Pages: 1 2 3
Devendra Desale, Learning from Data, Machine Learning, Xavier Amatriain
- H2O World 2015 – Day 2 Highlights - Nov 19, 2015.
Highlights from talks delivered by machine learning experts from H20.ai, Jawbone, Stanford, Quora & PayPal at H2O World held in Mountain View.
Pages: 1 2
Arno Candel, H2O, Machine Learning, Monica Rogati, PayPal, Predictive Analytics, Quora, Stanford, Xavier Amatriain
- The Best Advice From Quora on ‘How to Learn Machine Learning’ - Oct 15, 2015.
Top machine learning writers on Quora give their advice on learning machine learning, including specific resources, quotes, and personal insights, along with some extra nuggets of information.
Pages: 1 2
Books, Machine Learning, Matthew Mayo, MOOC, Quora, Sean McClure, Xavier Amatriain
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-21: Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master Algorithm - Sep 23, 2015.
Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master #Algorithm; #Dilbert brilliant take on Character; SentimentBuilder - Free Online Natural #Language Processing Tool.
Dilbert, Machine Learning, NLP, Pedro Domingos, Quora, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 18, 2015.
Top Quora machine learning writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, academic research, and selecting and using appropriate technologies.
Machine Learning, Quora, random forests algorithm, Top 10, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- In Machine Learning, What is Better: More Data or better Algorithms - Jun 17, 2015.
Gross over-generalization of “more data gives better results” is misguiding. Here we explain, in which scenario more data or more features are helpful and which are not. Also, how the choice of the algorithm affects the end result.
Big Data Hype, Data Quality, IMDb, Machine Learning, Quora, Xavier Amatriain