- Deepmind’s Gaming Streak: The Rise of AI Dominance - May 27, 2020.
There is still a long way to go before machine agents match overall human gaming prowess, but Deepmind’s gaming research focus has shown a clear progression of substantial progress.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 18-24: Advice to Data Scientists: don’t post a blog on #coronavirus based on your ad-hoc data analysis without reading something on epidemiology – here are some useful links - Mar 25, 2020.
#Coronavirus growth in Western countries: March 19 update - Spain and US cases; If you need a break from #coronavirus news, here is #AlphaGo - The Movie; Which Country Has Flattened the Curve for the #Coronavirus?; Excellent source of #Coronavirus info - FT
- DeepMind Unveils MuZero, a New Agent that Mastered Chess, Shogi, Atari and Go Without Knowing the Rules - Dec 9, 2019.
The new model showed great improvements over the previous AlphaZero agent.
- If chatbots are to succeed, they need this - May 22, 2018.
Can logic be used to make chatbots intelligent? In the 1960s this was taken for granted. Now we have all but forgotten the logical approach. Is it time for a revival?
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- Data Science in 30 minutes, Artificial General Intelligence, and Answers to your Questions - Jan 22, 2018.
I recently was on a "Data Science in 30 minutes webcast", but there were interesting ideas and questions we did not have time to cover adequately. Here is a summary.
- An Introduction to Monte Carlo Tree Search - Dec 22, 2017.
A great explanation of the concept behind Monte Carlo Tree Search algorithm and a brief example of how it was used at the European Space Agency for planning interplanetary flights.
Pages: 1 2
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n42, Nov 1: 7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby - Nov 1, 2017.
7 Steps to Mastering Deep Learning with Keras; 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby; Neural Networks, Step 1: Where to Begin with Neural Nets & Deep Learning; XGBoost: A Concise Technical Overview; AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI
- AlphaGo Zero: The Most Significant Research Advance in AI - Oct 27, 2017.
The previous version of AlphaGo beat the human world champion in 2016. The new AlphaGo Zero beat the previous version by 100 games to 0, and learned Go completely on its own. We examine what this means for AI.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: TensorFlow Updates; AlphaGo in the Wild; Self-Driving Mario Kart - Feb 7, 2017.
TensorFlow 1.0.0-alpha; Unknown bot repeatedly beats top Go players online - so far it's undefeated; TensorKart: self-driving MarioKart with TensorFlow; GTA V integration into Universe is now open-source; Keras will be added to core TensorFlow at Google
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, 2016: Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment - Jan 11, 2017.
Google Brain AMA; Google Machine Learning Recipes; StarCraft II AI Research Environment; Huggable Image Classifier; xkcd: Linear Regression; AlphaGO WINS!; TensorFlow Fizzbuzz
- What we can learn from AI mistakes - Dec 19, 2016.
Because of recent innovations and research in AI, we have seen AI performing best in some very important tasks and even worst in even simple tasks. So the question is, Why is it that AI can look so brilliant and so stupid at the same time?
- Shortcomings of Deep Learning - Nov 15, 2016.
Current Deep Learning successes such as AlphaGo rely on massive amount of labeled data, which is easy to get in games, but often hard in other contexts. You can't play 20 questions with nature and win!
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, March: Hugs, Deep Learning Navigation, 3D Face Capture, AlphaGo! - Apr 4, 2016.
What's huggable, adversarial images for deep learning, overview of real-time 3D face capture and reenactment, deep learning quadcopter navigation, and a whole lot of AlphaGo!
- AlphaGo is not the solution to AI - Mar 21, 2016.
The field will be better off without an bust cycle it is important for people to keep and inform a balanced view of successes and their extent. AlphoGo might be a step forward for the AI community, but it is still no way close to the true AI.
- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go - Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?