- How DeepMind Trains Agents to Play Any Game Without Intervention - Aug 4, 2021.
A new paper proposes a new architecture and training environment for generally capable agents.
- How I Solved Sudoku With a Business Rules Engine - Jul 13, 2020.
"I set myself the challenge of using the optimized inference engine, along with a few other advanced features, of a decision rules management solution to solve Sudoku puzzles." Read the full post on how it was accomplished.
- Deepmind’s Gaming Streak: The Rise of AI Dominance - May 27, 2020.
There is still a long way to go before machine agents match overall human gaming prowess, but Deepmind’s gaming research focus has shown a clear progression of substantial progress.
- The Big Data Game Board™ - Nov 19, 2018.
Move aside “Monopoly,” “Risk,” and “Snail Race!” Time to teach the youth of the world of an important, career-advancing game: how to leverage data and analytics to change your life! Introducing the “Big Data Game Board™”!
- An Introduction to Monte Carlo Tree Search - Dec 22, 2017.
A great explanation of the concept behind Monte Carlo Tree Search algorithm and a brief example of how it was used at the European Space Agency for planning interplanetary flights.
Pages: 1 2
- Keras Tutorial: Recognizing Tic-Tac-Toe Winners with Neural Networks - Sep 18, 2017.
In this tutorial, we will build a neural network with Keras to determine whether or not tic-tac-toe games have been won by player X for given endgame board configurations. Introductory neural network concerns are covered.
- What Has Pokemon Got To Do With Big Data? - Jul 23, 2016.
For me, the millions of people around the world playing Pokémon last weekend (and crashing their servers on a regular basis) showed me a glimpse of the future. There may well be an opportunity for real-time Big Data - I will give you a glimpse.
- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go - Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2015 - Jan 23, 2016.
Consumer Analytics is still the leading application area for analytics & data mining (although losing its share), followed by Finance, and Banking. Highest growth is in Games, Entertainment/Music, and Social Good/Non-profit applications. 3-year comparison shows surprising stability.
- Gaming Analytics Summit 2015, San Francisco – Day 1 Highlights - May 8, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Gaming Analytics leaders from Facebook, Turbine/Warner Bros Games, and Sega on day 1 of Gaming Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Francisco.
- Boeing: Game Software Engineer - Apr 23, 2015.
Help develop C++, OpenGL, and OpenGL Shader code to provide high-end visualization to new and existing simulation applications to support both commercial and defense programs.
- Interview: Vince Darley, King.com on What do you need to become Top Grossing Game - Mar 19, 2015.
We discuss common characteristics of games that achieved top ranking, career advice, trends, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 11-17 - Jan 18, 2015.
SVMs, open source datasets, Bayesian decision theory, game AI, and deep learning visualizations are all featured in the past week's top /r/MachineLearning posts.
- Gaming Analytics Innovation Summit: Day 2 Highlights - May 30, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Gaming Analytics experts from Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, Sega on Day 2 of Gaming Analytics Summit 2014.
- Gaming Analytics Summit 2014: Day 1 Highlights - May 29, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Gaming Analytics experts from Activision, Valve, Microsoft and Broken Bulb Studios on Day 1 of Gaming Analytics Summit 2014.
- Roblox: Sr. Data Scientist - Mar 12, 2014.
ROBLOX allows builders to create elaborate online environments that simulate the real world, then share and play them with the community, and is on a mission to be the global leader in user-generated gaming and creation for all ages.