- DeepMind Unveils MuZero, a New Agent that Mastered Chess, Shogi, Atari and Go Without Knowing the Rules - Dec 9, 2019.
The new model showed great improvements over the previous AlphaZero agent.
- Two Major Difficulties in AI and One Applied Solution - Feb 22, 2019.
Some of AI’s biggest problems can be solved by focusing on modelling our own human abilities instead of admiring NN and ML “intelligence”. We present an example that takes us in that direction in the form of chess.
- Anticipating the next move in data science – my interview with Thomson Reuters - Nov 17, 2018.
Like chess, Big Data is a combination of science, art and play; Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro of KDnuggets helps data devotees discover winning moves - my Thomson Reuters interview.
- Data Science in 30 minutes, Artificial General Intelligence, and Answers to your Questions - Jan 22, 2018.
I recently was on a "Data Science in 30 minutes webcast", but there were interesting ideas and questions we did not have time to cover adequately. Here is a summary.
- Prove Your Point with Data and a Fast Python Library - Jan 7, 2016.
Harness the power of Python and the command line to prove your point using data and a fast data-processing library.
- Augmented Intelligence – An Elegant Approach to Optimize Your Decision Making Process - Dec 14, 2015.
Automation is a rising trend in the recent technology boom, but it can impose a level or risk. Harmonizing both human decision and powerful computing abilities will be key, especially for enterprises looking to unlock insights through analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 22-23: Baidu revenue jumps after Deep Learning use; Great viz: chess piece survival - Oct 24, 2014.
Great viz: chances of survival of #chess pieces in average game; Baidu, 'Chinese Google', had big revenue jump after it started using Deep Learning; 4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out a PhD; Machine-Learning expert Michael Jordan on the Delusions of #BigData.