- When Will AutoML replace Data Scientists? Poll Results and Analysis - Mar 16, 2020.
Will AI always be 5-10 years away? The majority of respondents to this poll think that AutoML will reach expert level in 5-10 years. Interestingly, it is about the same as 5 years ago. We examine the trends by AutoML experience, industry, and region.
- Bye Data Scientists, Hello AI? Not Likely! - Oct 22, 2019.
AI is becoming more mainstream. The fact that computers/robots will learn after being built and will surpass a human's intelligence is terrifying.
- What is Machine Behavior? - Sep 16, 2019.
The new emerging field that wants to study AI agents the way social scientists study humans.
- Anticipating the next move in data science – my interview with Thomson Reuters - Nov 17, 2018.
Like chess, Big Data is a combination of science, art and play; Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro of KDnuggets helps data devotees discover winning moves - my Thomson Reuters interview.
- Why AI will not replace radiologists - Nov 1, 2018.
We investigate some of the reasons why radiologists will be safe from AI, including the fact that humans will always maintain ultimate responsibility, how productivity gains will drive demand, and more.
- Cartoon: Where AI achieves excellence - Sep 22, 2018.
We examine what can happen when lawyers are replaced with Machine Learning.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Is Your Job Under Threat? - Jun 1, 2018.
This article examines the rapid growth of artificial intelligence: how we got to this point, the future AI job market and what can be done.
- Human Involvement Helps Researchers Perfect New Algorithms to Train Robots - Mar 22, 2018.
Many underestimate the role of humans in successful deployment of AI solutions. Alegion engine produces AI training data and enables content moderation, sentiment analysis, data enrichment, tagging, categorization, and more.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- The ways that AI can change your business - Oct 20, 2017.
AI technology involves a change in the value chain and represents a major challenge and opportunity for businesses. Managers are directly involved in this challenge, by accompanying the teams through this transition: vanquish fears, embracing innovation, transforming businesses, training teams.
- 5 overriding factors for the successful implementation of AI - Oct 6, 2017.
Today AI is everywhere, from virtual assistants scheduling meetings, to facial recognition software and increasingly autonomous cars. We review 5 main factors for the successful AI implementation.
- The Internet of Things vs. Related Concepts and Terms - Feb 14, 2017.
This post attempts to provide some insights on the differences between IoT and the related technologies of M2M, CPS, and WoT, based on literature texts, but also the author's experience from projects and application deployments.
- The Surprising Ethics of Humans and Self-Driving Cars - Jan 9, 2017.
The surprising finding is that people are much more willing to ride in a self-driving car that might kill them to save several pedestrians than in a car that would save them but kill pedestrians. Asian respondents had significantly different preferences from US and Europe.
- When Will We Bow To Our Machine Overlords? - Oct 25, 2016.
"I, for one, welcome our new computer overlords." Far from being our overlords, machines are our societal companion, our partner that supports our success and supports the functioning of our society. But the support the machine gives us is rudimentary at best.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 20-26: Math-free simple explanation: #DeepLearning Demystified; Are #Humans Becoming More Machine-Like? - Jul 27, 2016.
Finally, a #TensorFlow book for humans; Great math-free simple intro explanation video: Deep Learning Demystified; Does #sentiment analysis work? A tidy analysis of Yelp reviews; JupyterLab: the next generation of the #Jupyter Notebook
- Artificial Intelligence ‘Chatbots’ – When or if? - May 9, 2016.
Chatbots can have extensive applications, now that Facebook is considering to implement AI in their Messenger and WhatsApp platforms. We examine 3 main factors that will determine the success of chatbots.
- The Rise Of The Robot - Mar 3, 2016.
Atlas, the latest robot from Google's Boston Dynamics a pretty resilient chap. He can trudge through uneven snow, be knocked off his feet and get up again. and do work that can take place in any warehouse. We examine what it means for our future.
- Augmented Intelligence – An Elegant Approach to Optimize Your Decision Making Process - Dec 14, 2015.
Automation is a rising trend in the recent technology boom, but it can impose a level or risk. Harmonizing both human decision and powerful computing abilities will be key, especially for enterprises looking to unlock insights through analytics.
- Bot or Not: an end-to-end data analysis in Python - Nov 23, 2015.
Twitter bots are programs that compose and post tweets without human intervention, and they range widely in complexity. Here we are building a classifier with pandas, NLTK, and scikit-learn to identify Twitter bots.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Kaggle Competition (Facebook recruiting): Human or Robot? - Apr 28, 2015.
Facebook and Kaggle are launching an Engineering competition for 2015 - leaders will earn an opportunity to interview for a software engineer at Facebook, working on world class Machine Learning problems.
In this competition, you'll be chasing down robots for an online auction site.
- Eric Siegel vs Stephen Hawking on the risk of artificial intelligence - Dec 19, 2014.
Eric Siegel comments on current controversy whether AI is a threat to human race, says AI is safe. Whether you agree or not, vote in KDnuggets Poll: Is AI a threat?
- New Poll: Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? - Dec 12, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? Please vote if you are human.
- New Poll: Did you do Data Science for Humans or for Machines? - Sep 1, 2014.
Did you do mainly Data Science for Humans (explainable models for a human decision maker), Data Science for Machines (accuracy-oriented black-box models for automated algorithms), or both? Please vote.