- A Critical Comparison of Machine Learning Platforms in an Evolving Market - Feb 11, 2021.
There’s a clear inclination towards the MLaaS model across industries, given the fact that companies today have an option to select from a wide range of solutions that can cater to diverse business needs. Here is a look at 3 of the top ML platforms for data excellence.
- Comparison of the Top Speech Processing APIs - Dec 28, 2018.
There are two main tasks in speech processing. First one is to transform speech to text. The second is to convert the text into human speech. We will describe the general aspects of each API and then compare their main features in the table.
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- How Convolutional Neural Networks Accomplish Image Recognition? - Aug 9, 2017.
Image recognition is very interesting and challenging field of study. Here we explain concepts, applications and techniques of image recognition using Convolutional Neural Networks.
- 50+ Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs, updated - Feb 8, 2017.
Very useful, updated list of 50+ APIs in machine learning, prediction, text analytics & classification, face recognition, language translation, and more.
- Predictions for Deep Learning in 2017 - Dec 19, 2016.
The first hugely successful consumer application of deep learning will come to market, a dominant open-source deep-learning tool and library will take the developer community by storm, and more Deep Learning predictions.
- Kobielus Predictions for Data Science in 2017 - Dec 5, 2016.
IBM Data Evangelist James Kobielus predictions for 2017, including key role of data scientists in survival of their companies. Join industry experts for a live #MakeDataSimple Crowdchat on Thursday December 8 at 1:00pm EST.
- Cognitive and Data Sciences Education Workshop, Las Vegas, Oct 23 - Sep 27, 2016.
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic and research programs to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
- Pattern Curators of the Cognitive Era - Mar 31, 2016.
Machine learning has a critical dependency on human learning. But not just on Data Scientists, but on legions of people who legions of individuals who prepare training data to guide algorithms.
- Watson Developer Challenge: build conversational apps using Watson language APIs - Mar 18, 2016.
Watson Developer Challenge is an online hackathon to build conversational apps using Watson new language service APIs for NLP, document conversion, and speech and machine learning algorithms. Coders have till Apr 15 to build software that lets users interact with Watson through a natural conversational interface.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n08, Mar 2: Citizen Data Scientist Mirage; Spark Tipping Point; 80% Machine Learning - Mar 2, 2016.
The Mirage of a Citizen Data Scientist; Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015; The Machine Learning Problem of The Next Decade; How The Algorithm Economy And Containers Are Changing The Apps.
- $5 Million for Helping Humanity through Artificial Intelligence - Feb 26, 2016.
IBM Watson A.I. XPRIZE contest will reward $5 million in prize money to the best applications of AI in solving world’s greatest challenges.
- IBM Watson Analytics for social media analysis - Feb 25, 2016.
We explore IBM Watson Analytics features and what it can do with your data set. The IBM Watson Anlaytics social media add on is available for preview until March 1st.
- AI Supercomputers: Microsoft Oxford, IBM Watson, Google DeepMind, Baidu Minwa - Feb 1, 2016.
In the world of AI, this is the equivalent of the US and USSR competing to put their guy on the moon first. Here is a profile of some of the giants locked into the AI space race.
- Data Analytics Boosting Digital Engagement at Australian Open 2016 - Jan 25, 2016.
Advanced analytics and visualization is enhancing fan experience and operational excellence at Australian Open 2016
- 50 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs - Dec 7, 2015.
We present a list of 50 APIs selected from areas like machine learning, prediction, text analytics & classification, face recognition, language translation etc. Start consuming APIs!
Pages: 1 2
- 5 Best Machine Learning APIs for Data Science - Nov 5, 2015.
Machine Learning APIs make it easy for developers to develop predictive applications. Here we review 5 important Machine Learning APIs: IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Google Prediction API, Amazon Machine Learning API, and BigML.
Pages: 1 2
- Cognitive Computing: Solving the Big Data Problem? - Jun 12, 2015.
With a shortage of data scientists, what are the alternatives for making sense of Big Data? We examine Cognitive Computing, its strengths, and how it can fit into the current Big Data landscape.
- Cloud Machine Learning’s Ostrich Mania & Uncanny Valley - May 14, 2015.
Cloud machine learning services are popping up by the tens, providing automated data science solutions. What will the anticipated customers want? They may follow a peculiar distribution reminiscent of the uncanny valley.
Pages: 1 2
- April 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - May 8, 2015.
Apr 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Microsoft + RevolutionR, Most-Funded Startups, VC says boom not bubble - look at valuations, and more.
- Cloud Machine Learning Wars: Amazon vs IBM Watson vs Microsoft Azure - Apr 16, 2015.
Amazon recently announced Amazon Machine Learning, a cloud machine learning solution for Amazon Web Services. Able to pull data effortlessly from RDS, S3 and Redshift, the product could pose a significant threat to Microsoft Azure ML and IBM Watson Analytics.
Pages: 1 2
- Watson Developer Cloud-Visual Recognition - Apr 3, 2015.
IBM Bluemix is a cloud platform which offers both Platform as a Service and Mobile Backend as a Service. Its services include Speech to Text, Text to Speech, Visual Recognition, Concept Insights, and Tradeoff Analytics.
- Hurwitz: Cognitive Computing and Big Data Analytics - Mar 5, 2015.
New book from Judith Hurwitz and associates on Cognitive Computing is a comprehensive guide to the subject, providing both the theoretical and practical guidance technologists need.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-22: History of Data Science across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015 - Feb 23, 2015.
History of #DataScience across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31% ...; #BigData reveals how information travels: 8 clusters in Europe; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search: finding faces no longer unique to humans.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-17: Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015; History of Data Science across 5 strands - Feb 18, 2015.
Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31%, Java 20%, C++ 9.8%; History of #DataScience across 5 strands: CS, #Data, #Visualization, Math, Stats; IBM Verse new messaging software will use #Watson to declutter your inbox; Doctors store 1,600 digital #hearts for #BigData study.
- MetaMind Competes with IBM Watson Analytics and Microsoft Azure Machine Learning - Jan 14, 2015.
While Microsoft and IBM rush to bring data science and visualization to the masses, MetaMind follows another path, offering deep learning as a service.
- Top KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data Science stories in 2014, updated - Jan 11, 2015.
Top KDnuggets stories in 2014 had several themes - Deep Learning; Data Scientist career, education, and salary; IBM Watson; Resources for learning Data Science, especially R and Python, and polls on what are most popular analytics/data mining software & languages.
- Top stories in December: If programming languages were vehicles; Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations - Jan 2, 2015.
If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations; Geoffrey Hinton talks about Deep Learning, Google and Everything; IBM Watson Analytics vs. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning.
- Top stories for Dec 14-20: Most Demanded Data Science/Data Mining Skills; Watson Analytics vs. Azure Machine Learning - Dec 21, 2014.
Most Demanded Data Science and Data Mining Skills; IBM Watson Analytics vs. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning; Cartoon: Unexpected Data Science Recommendations; 16 NoSQL, NewSQL Databases To Watch.
- KDnuggets 14:n34, Is AI a threat? Most Demanded Skills; Cartoon: Unexpected recommendations; Watson vs Azure ML - Dec 17, 2014.
New Poll: Is AI a threat to humanity? Most Demanded Data Science Skills; Cartoon: Unexpected recommendations; IBM Watson vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning and more Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- Top KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data Science stories in 2014 - Dec 16, 2014.
Top KDnuggets stories in 2014 had several themes - Deep Learning; Data Scientist career, education, and salary; Resources for learning Data Science, especially R and Python, and polls on popular languages for data science and data mining.
- IBM Watson Analytics vs. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning (Part 1) - Dec 16, 2014.
IBM Watson Analytics prototype seeks to abstract away data science, taking ordinary natural language queries and answering them based on the content of uploaded datasets. Microsoft Azure Machine Learning goes the opposite route, streamlining existing data mining methodology for fast results and integration with MS's other cloud services.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 8-9: On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free - Dec 10, 2014.
On the effects Analytics bring to enterprises; Anyone Can Now Use IBM #WatsonAnalytics to Crunch Data For Free; Economists are NOT nonpartisan - @FiveThirtyEight quantifies their bias; Geoff Hinton AMA: Neural Networks, the Brain, and Machine Learning.
- Top stories in November: 9 Must-Have Skills for a Data Scientist; IBM Watson Analytics replacing a data scientist? - Dec 4, 2014.
9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist; IBM Watson Analytics - Will it Replace Data Scientists ? Update: Top LinkedIn Groups for Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Dec 2 and beyond - Dec 1, 2014.
NoSQL Database Architecture, Big Data Use Cases, IBM Watson Analytics, The 2015 Predictions, Big Data Landscape, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 7-10: IBM #Watson Swear Filter; How Birth Year Influences Political Views - Jul 13, 2014.
Appropriate after #BrazilvsGermany - IBM #Watson gets a Swear Filter; How Birth Year Influences Political Views; Analytics methods that "think" like Humans; Why lists of experts in Statistics, Data Science rarely intersect.
- Top stories for Jun 29 – Jul 5 - Jul 6, 2014.
Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist?; Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst" ?; When Watson Meets Machine Learning; 100 Big Data Companies Analyzed.