- Compute Goes Brrr: Revisiting Sutton’s Bitter Lesson for AI - Nov 19, 2020.
"It's just about having more compute." Wait, is that really all there is to AI? As Richard Sutton's 'bitter lesson' sinks in for more AI researchers, a debate has stirred that considers a potentially more subtle relationship between advancements in AI based on ever-more-clever algorithms and massively scaled computational power.
AI, AlphaGo, Machine Learning, OpenAI, Richard Sutton, Scalability, Trends
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n28, Jul 22: Data Science MOOCs are too Superficial; The Bitter Lesson of Machine Learning - Jul 22, 2020.
Data Science MOOCs are too Superficial; The Bitter Lesson of Machine Learning; Building a REST API with Tensorflow Serving (Part 1); 3 Advanced Python Features You Should Know; Understanding How Neural Networks Think;
API, Data Science, Machine Learning, MOOC, Neural Networks, Python, Richard Sutton, TensorFlow
- The Bitter Lesson of Machine Learning - Jul 15, 2020.
Since that renowned conference at Dartmouth College in 1956, AI research has experienced many crests and troughs of progress through the years. From the many lessons learned during this time, some have needed to be re-learned -- repeatedly -- and the most important of which has also been the most difficult to accept by many researchers.
AI, AlphaGo, Chess, Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton, Scalability, Trends
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Reinforcement Learning - Mar 28, 2018.
With the popularity of Reinforcement Learning continuing to grow, we take a look at five things you need to know about RL.
Machine Learning, Markov Chains, Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton
- Exclusive: Interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning - Dec 5, 2017.
My exclusive interview with Rich Sutton, the Father of Reinforcement Learning, on RL, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, 2nd edition of his book, Deep Learning, Prediction Learning, AlphaGo, Artificial General Intelligence, and more.
AGI, AI, AlphaGo, DeepMind, Machine Learning, Neuroscience, Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton, Yann LeCun
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 22-28: Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction by Sutton and Barto – Complete Second Draft - Nov 29, 2017.
Also #DeepLearning Specialization by Andrew Ng - 21 Lessons Learned; How (and Why) to Create a Good Validation Set; Predicting Cryptocurrency Prices With #DeepLearning
Andrew Ng, Bitcoin, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton, Validation
- Reinforcement Learning and the Internet of Things - Aug 5, 2016.
Gain an understanding of how reinforcement learning can be employed in the Internet of Things world.
Brandon Rohrer, Internet of Things, IoT, Reinforcement Learning, Richard Sutton