- Fast and Intuitive Statistical Modeling with Pomegranate - Dec 21, 2020.
Pomegranate is a delicious fruit. It can also be a super useful Python library for statistical analysis. We will show how in this article.
- Practical Markov Chain Monte Carlo - Jun 26, 2020.
This is a slightly more intricate example of MCMC, compared to many with a fairly simple model, a single predictor (maybe two), and not much else, which highlights a couple of issues and tricks worth noting for a handwritten implementation.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Natural Language Generation - Jan 7, 2020.
Follow this overview of Natural Language Generation covering its applications in theory and practice. The evolution of NLG architecture is also described from simple gap-filling to dynamic document creation along with a summary of the most popular NLG models.
- Markov Chains: How to Train Text Generation to Write Like George R. R. Martin - Nov 29, 2019.
Read this article on training Markov chains to generate George R. R. Martin style text.
- Explaining Reinforcement Learning: Active vs Passive - Jun 26, 2018.
We examine the required elements to solve an RL problem, compare passive and active reinforcement learning, and review common active and passive RL techniques.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 04-10: Introduction to Markov Chains - Apr 11, 2018.
Also: 5 Things to Know About #MachineLearning; A "Weird" Intro to #DeepLearning; How Do I Get My First #DataScience Job?
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Reinforcement Learning - Mar 28, 2018.
With the popularity of Reinforcement Learning continuing to grow, we take a look at five things you need to know about RL.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n12, Mar 21: Will GDPR Make Machine Learning Illegal?; 5 Things You Need to Know about Big Data - Mar 21, 2018.
Also: A Beginner's Guide to Data Engineering - Part II; Introduction to Optimization with Genetic Algorithm; Introduction to Markov Chains; Your free 70-page guide to a career in data science
- Introduction to Markov Chains - Mar 15, 2018.
What are Markov chains, when to use them, and how they work
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 7-13: #MachineLearning Algorithms: Which One to Choose for Your Problem; Train Your ML Models on Google GPUs for Free - Mar 15, 2018.
Also Introduction to Markov Chains; 18 Inspiring Women In #AI, #Analytics #BigData, #DataScience, #MachineLearning.
- What Statistics Topics are Needed for Excelling at Data Science? - Aug 2, 2016.
Here is a list of skills and statistical concepts suggested for excelling at data science, roughly in order of increasing complexity.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 1-3: Open Source Data Science Masters plan - Aug 4, 2014.
Open Source #DataScience Masters plan, with courses from Coursera, Stanford, edX; Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Markov Chains, key #MachineLearning technique, nice visual explanation; Data Science with #Python: Part 1.