- Interview Questions for Data Science – Three Case Interview Examples - Apr 30, 2019.
Part two in this series of useful posts for aspiring data scientists focuses on case interviews and how you can best go about answering them.
- The most desired skill in data science - Apr 26, 2019.
What is the biggest skill gap in data science according to hiring managers looking for hire recent graduates? Hint: it’s not coding.
- 5 Warning Signs that Turn Off Data Science Hiring Managers - Nov 2, 2015.
Here are some warning signs that will prevent managers from hiring you for a Data Science position. If your resume has one or more of them, make an effort to remove the risk factors.
- Consumer and Market Research Info Kit - Aug 11, 2015.
JMP free info kit helps you determine the best ways to meet and shape customer needs. It includes a webcast interview on the Voice of the Customer, a chapter from "Numbersense" book, a demo on planning with predictive modeling, and more.
- Consumer and Market Research Info Kit - Jul 10, 2015.
JMP free info kit helps you determine the best ways to meet and shape customer needs and includes a webcast interview on voice of the customer, a chapter from Numbersense book, a demo on planning with predictive modeling, and more.
- 5 Not-to-be-Missed Ideas about Big Data - May 21, 2015.
The things we can measure are never exactly what we care about; When everything hinges on metrics, people will game the metrics to the point of losing any meaning; and more key ideas summarized by Kaiser Fung.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n08, Mar 11: 7 common Machine Learning mistakes; Statistical Reasoning - Mar 11, 2015.
7 common mistakes when doing Machine Learning; 10 Predictive Analytics Influencers; Kaiser Fung on Why Statistical Reasoning is more important than Number Crunching; The Elements of Data Analytic Style - checklist; KDD-2017.
- Interview: Kaiser Fung, NYU on Why Statistical Reasoning is more important than Number Crunching - Mar 5, 2015.
We discuss why every individual should care about statistics, inspiration behind the book Numbersense, teaching statistics as liberal arts, Junk Charts blog, advice and more.
- Careers in Data Science and Business Analytics – NYU Seminar, Mar 28 - Mar 4, 2015.
In an upcoming one-day seminar by NYU School of Professional Studies, Kaiser Fung will explain how to shape a career in data science and business analytics. Date: March 28, 2015. Registration: Open.
- Interview: Kaiser Fung, NYU on Why Ignoring Data Integrity is a Recipe for Disaster - Mar 4, 2015.
We discuss different levels of Data Integrity, logical fallacies in Analytics, measures to boost accountability, role for human intelligence in Analytics and relevance of OCCAM framework.
- What is numbersense – test yours - Mar 25, 2014.
Kaiser Fung, Marketing and Analytics expert, and author of "Numbersense" book, explains what is numbersense in the age of Big Data. Test yours.
- Complimentary Chapter – Numbersense: How to Use Big Data to Your Advantage - Mar 13, 2014.
Download a chapter of best-selling "Numbersense" book and learn how Groupon deals with predictive modeling challenges.