- My AI Plays Piano for Me - Oct 6, 2021.
Training an RNN with a Combined Loss Function.
AI, Music, Neural Networks, Recurrent Neural Networks
- NLP Insights for the Penguin Café Orchestra - Aug 31, 2021.
We give an example of how to use Expert.ai and Python to investigate favorite music albums.
Expert.ai, Music, NLP, Python
- What makes a song popular? Analyzing Top Songs on Spotify - Apr 16, 2021.
With so many great (and not-so-great) songs out there, it can be hard to find those that match your musical preferences. Follow along this ML model building project to explore the extensive song data available on Spotify and design a recommendation engine that could help you discover your next favorite artist!
Beatles, Data Analysis, Data Exploration, Feature Selection, Music, Spotify
- 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out - Sep 9, 2020.
If you are just starting down a path toward a career in Data Science, or you are already a seasoned practitioner, then keeping active to advance your experience through side projects is invaluable to take you to the next professional level. These eight interesting project ideas with source code and reference articles will jump start you to thinking outside of the box.
AI, Career, Face Recognition, Machine Learning, Music, Natural Language Generation, Portfolio, Sentiment Analysis, Text Summarization
- Music for Data Scientists? Music by Data Scientists? …What…?! - Oct 17, 2018.
Introducing Mean Reversion, an NYC-based songwriting duo comprising of data scientist Foster Provost and statistician Cliff Hurvich.
Foster Provost, Humor, Music
- The Data Science of “Someone Like You” or Sentiment Analysis of Adele’s Songs - Sep 13, 2018.
An extensive analysis of Adele's songs using Natural Language Processing (NLP) on the lyrics, to uncover the underlying emotions and sentiments.
Pages: 1 2
Adele, Music, NLP, Sentiment Analysis
- Deep Learning Zero to One: 5 Awe-Inspiring Demos with Code for Beginners - Jun 26, 2017.
Here are deep learning demos and examples you can just download and run. No Math. No Theory. No Books.
Beginners, Deep Learning, GitHub, Music, Reinforcement Learning, Speech Recognition, TensorFlow
- XLIVE Data & Analytics Summit, April 4-5, Los Angeles - Mar 7, 2017.
Find out how the Golden State Warriors, Country Music Association, Toronto Film Festival, San Francisco 49ers, Netflix and senior executives in sports, music and live events use analytics to engage, retain and monetize their data. Use code XLIVEKD to save.
CA, Entertainment, Los Angeles, Music, Summit
- Watch the Geek Rap Video – Predictive Analytics Song - Mar 8, 2016.
“PREDICT THIS!” is the first pop song to present analytics content with Gangnam Style humor, and media-blending 80’s throwback visuals. The rapper, formerly known as Dr. Eric Siegel (co-founder of Predictive Analytics World) said, “I only answer to ‘Dr. Data’ now.”
Eric Siegel, Humor, Music, Predictive Analytics
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 08-14: MIT-designed chip brings #MachineLearning to mobile devices; Best TED Talks for #DataScientist - Feb 15, 2016.
Best TED Talks for #DataScientist; Easy #DeepLearning w. TensorFlow; #DataScientist Valentine's Day Options - neural net predicts 98.9% compatibility; DeepLearning is not Enough - majority in KDnuggets Poll says; Great #DataScience application: Most timeless #song of all time #Spotify.
Deep Learning, Mobile, Music, TED, Valentine's Day
- OpenText Data Digest Nov 27: Data Mapping Music - Dec 4, 2015.
For this week, we present some examples of how to display music visually, which may get you thinking of other creative ways to visualize data and bring patterns to the surface.
Data Visualization, Music, OpenText
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-17: Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding overfitting; Top Big Data, Data Science influencers - Aug 18, 2015.
Understanding #Convolution in #DeepLearning; Top #BigData #DataScience influencers @hmason @hackingdata @kirkdborne @flowingdata; Data Science Breakthrough in avoiding #overfitting: The reusable holdout method; R Programming: Where are 50,000 R programmers?
Big Data Influencers, Convolution, Deep Learning, Music, Overfitting
- Big Data – yes, that’s what a latest Sensational Rap Music Video is all about - Jul 16, 2015.
Music video featuring Big Data and Hadoop (and Map-Reduce and NoSQL) might be all you need to light up your day!
Big Data, Data Scientist, Hadoop, MapReduce, Music, NoSQL, Viacom Velocity