- KDnuggets™ News 21:n03, Jan 20: K-Means 8x faster, 27x lower error than Scikit-learn in 25 lines; Essential Math for Data Science: Information Theory - Jan 20, 2021.
Here is a clever method of getting K-Means 8x faster, 27x lower error than Scikit-learn; Understand information theory you need for Data Science; Learn how to do cleaner data analysis with pandas using pipes; What are the four jobs of the data scientist? and more
- Build a Data Science Portfolio that Stands Out Using These Platforms - Jan 19, 2021.
Making your big break into the data science profession means standing out to potential employers in a crowd of tough competition. An important way to showcase your skills and experience is through the presentation of a portfolio. Following these recommendations for developing your portfolio will help you network effectively and stay on top of an ever-changing field.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n44, Nov 18: How to Acquire the Most Wanted Data Science Skills; Learn to build an end to end data science project - Nov 18, 2020.
How to get the most wanted Data Science skills; How to build and end to end Data Science project; How to get into Data Science without a degree; Top Python Libraries for Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, and Computer Vision; Is Data Science for you? 14 self-examination questions to consider; and more
- Learn to build an end to end data science project - Nov 11, 2020.
Appreciating the process you must work through for any Data Science project is valuable before you land your first job in this field. With a well-honed strategy, such as the one outlined in this example project, you will remain productive and consistently deliver valuable machine learning models.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n39, Oct 14: A step-by-step guide for creating an authentic data science portfolio project; Strategies of Docker Images Optimization - Oct 14, 2020.
Learn how to create inspiring Data Science portfolio projects; How to optimize Docker images; How LinkedIn Uses Machine Learning in its Recruiter Recommendation Systems; Understand the Algorithms of Social Manipulation; and read the annotated Machine Learning research papers.
- A step-by-step guide for creating an authentic data science portfolio project - Oct 7, 2020.
Especially if you are starting out launching yourself as a Data Scientist, you will want to first demonstrate your skills through interesting data science project ideas that you can implement and share. This step-by-step guide shows you how to do go through this process, with an original example that explores Germany’s biggest frequent flyer forum, Vielfliegertreff.
- 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out - Sep 9, 2020.
If you are just starting down a path toward a career in Data Science, or you are already a seasoned practitioner, then keeping active to advance your experience through side projects is invaluable to take you to the next professional level. These eight interesting project ideas with source code and reference articles will jump start you to thinking outside of the box.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n17, May 1: The most desired skill in data science; Seeking KDnuggets Editors, work remotely - May 1, 2019.
This week, find out about the most desired skill in data science, learn which projects to include in your portfolio, identify a single strategy for pulling data from a Pandas DataFrame (once and for all), read the results of our Top Data Science and Machine Learning Methods poll, and much more.
- Projects to Include in a Data Science Portfolio - Apr 26, 2019.
“Don’t pick just random projects to work on and add it to your resume or portfolio. Solve a problem that relates to the companies that you’re interested in.”
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n29, Aug 1: Building an Awesome Data Science Portfolio; Data Science + DevOps = Taming the Unicorn - Aug 1, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner's Guide to Processing & Understanding Text: Data Retrieval with Web Scraping; Remote Data Science: How to Send R and Python Execution to SQL Server from Jupyter Notebooks; Best Deal in the Galaxy? Win KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Data Conference NYC
- How to Build a Data Science Portfolio - Jul 25, 2018.
This post will include links to where various data science professionals (data science managers, data scientists, social media icons, or some combination thereof) and others talk about what to have in a portfolio and how to get noticed.
- Building a Data Science Portfolio: Machine Learning Project Part 2 - Jul 21, 2016.
The second part of this comprehensive overview on building an end-to-end data science portfolio project concentrates on data exploration and preparation.
Pages: 1 2
- Building a Data Science Portfolio: Machine Learning Project Part 1 - Jul 20, 2016.
Dataquest's founder has put together a fantastic resource on building a data science portfolio. This first of three parts lays the groundwork, with subsequent posts over the following 2 days. Very comprehensive!
Pages: 1 2