- Rethinking Mentoring In Data Science - Jul 19, 2019.
In recent years, I have heard the conversation of “find a mentor, you need a mentor to advance your career.” I received numerous requests from readers around the world to be their mentor. These requests encouraged me to think more closely about mentorship and the general expectations in the data science community.
Data Science, Mentorship
- Why you’re not a job-ready data scientist (yet) - Jul 9, 2019.
Trying to snag a dream Data Science job, but can't seem to land one? Check out these four skills that companies really want and be prepared for your next interview.
Advice, Career, Data Scientist, Mentorship
- Springboard: Data Science Course Mentor (Part-Time/Flexible/Remote) - Jun 21, 2017.
Mentor aspiring data scientists in your free time! It's a great chance to help someone break into the field, keep your own skills sharp, and is a flexible time commitment done fully online.
CA, Data Science Education, Mentorship, San Francisco, Springboard, Telecommute
- How to Network and Build a Personal Brand in Data Science - May 2, 2016.
SpringBoard shares some ideas on how to network and build a data career, as taken from a new guide they have put together on the topic.
Career, KDD, Mentorship, Strata
- SlideRule: Data Science Course Mentor (online) - Sep 22, 2015.
Be an expert mentor for SlideRule online, self-paced Data Science workshops where participants learn with the help of a curated curriculum and 1-1 mentor guidance.
Data Science Education, Mentorship, Online Education, SlideRule
- BPDM 2014: Broadening Participation in Data Mining Program - May 14, 2014.
The BPDM Program, held at KDD-2014, aims to foster mentorship, guidance, and connections of minority and underrepresented groups in Data Mining/Data Science by providing scholarships to interact with and learn from senior researchers. Apply by June 12.
BPDM, KDD-2014, Mentorship, New York-NY