- The 4 Quadrants of Data Science Skills and 7 Principles for Creating a Viral Data Visualization - Oct 7, 2019.
As a data scientist, your most important skill is creating meaningful visualizations to disseminate knowledge and impact your organization or client. These seven principals will guide you toward developing charts with clarity, as exemplified with data from a recent KDnuggets poll.
- Which Data Science Skills are core and which are hot/emerging ones? - Sep 17, 2019.
We identify two main groups of Data Science skills: A: 13 core, stable skills that most respondents have and B: a group of hot, emerging skills that most do not have (yet) but want to add. See our detailed analysis.
- 5 Alternative Data Science Tools - Sep 17, 2019.
What other creative tools for data science beyond Python and R can you use to make an impression? It's not about the tool -- it's about its impact.
- What you need to know: The Modern Open-Source Data Science/Machine Learning Ecosystem - Jun 10, 2019.
We identify the 6 tools in the modern open-source Data Science ecosystem, examine the Python vs R question, and determine which tools are used the most with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- Python leads the 11 top Data Science, Machine Learning platforms: Trends and Analysis - May 30, 2019.
Python continues to lead the top Data Science platforms, but R and RapidMiner hold their share; Almost 50% have used Deep Learning tools; SQL is steady; Consolidation continues.
Pages: 1 2
- Optimization Using R - May 18, 2018.
Optimization is a technique for finding out the best possible solution for a given problem for all the possible solutions. Optimization uses a rigorous mathematical model to find out the most efficient solution to the given problem.
Pages: 1 2
- Using Excel with Pandas - Jan 23, 2018.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to work with Excel files in pandas, covering computer setup, reading in data from Excel files into pandas, data exploration in pandas, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Getting Started with Analytics: What’s the Upfront Investment? - Jul 5, 2016.
Everyone wants to leverage analytics, but should everyone dive into the deep end right away? Heed some sensible advice on getting started with analytics, and assessing the true upfront investment.
- Webinar, Jun 24: Bring Open Data Science Into Excel with Anaconda Fusion - Jun 16, 2016.
On June 24th, find out how to use Anaconda Fusion, part of the Anaconda Platform, to bring the power of Open Data Science into Excel. Reserve your spot now!
- The Rise of Dark Data and How It Can Be Harnessed - Mar 31, 2016.
Dark data isn’t just a small portion of big data, but the biggest and fastest growing. It holds massive potential for those who can harness it successfully.
- PASS Hands-on Analytics Training on Power BI, R, Dataviz, Excel, May 2-4, San Jose - Mar 28, 2016.
Get first-rate business analytics training at the PASS Business Analytics Conference, May 2-4, San Jose. Check highlights from our unique tracks that follow the Analyst Journey and cover topics like Power BI, R, Data Visualization, Advanced Analytics for Excel and more.
- Journey to Open Data Science, March 23 Webinar - Mar 15, 2016.
Learn how to drive collaboration and teamwork through open data science; mitigate legal risk through indemnification and appropriate package selection; bring advanced analytics to Excel-loving analysts with AnacondaXL.
- Business Analytics Webinars: Practical Training, 7 Live Sessions, Dec 10 - Dec 3, 2015.
Stay ahead of the curve in business analytics with our Dec 10 Webinar Marathon, and watch industry experts deliver 7 back-to-back sessions on hot topics. Register now.
- Hotlist of Training resources for Predictive Analytics - Jul 13, 2015.
A hotlist of training resources for Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, R, Python, SAS, and Excel, including MOOCs, blogs, meetups, courses, videos, and more.
- Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together? - Jun 11, 2015.
We analyze the associations between the top Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science tools based on the results of 2015 KDnuggets Software Poll. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- Baby Boom: Udemy Excel Tutorial on Analyzing Large Data Sets - Apr 15, 2015.
This tutorial not only shows how to use Excel Pivot Tables and Graphs, but teaches the mindset needed in exploratory data analysis - look beneath the surface, consider the non-obvious interpretations, and question everything (including the data).
Pages: 1 2 3
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 16-18: 87 Studies shown that accurate numbers aren’t more useful than the ones you make up (Dilbert) - Mar 19, 2015.
Also Sirius - a free, open-source version of Siri; #PI art: the first 13,689 digits of pi; Great tutorial + #Python code: 1-Layer Neural Networks.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-19: New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; How to transition from Excel to R - Feb 20, 2015.
Practical #DataScience in #Python #MachineLearning - nice intro; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; Well written: How to Transition from Excel to R; Microsoft launches #Azure #MachineLearning Platform for #BigData, adds Python.
- XLMiner solves Big Data Problems in Excel - Jun 26, 2014.
XLMiner, a part of Analytic Solver Platform integrated software for predictive and prescriptive analytics - forecasting, data mining, optimization and simulation, lets you solve small or Big Data problems in Excel.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- KDnuggets Social Network in NodeXL, May 2014 - May 29, 2014.
We examine KDnuggets Twitter Social Network, as generated by NodeXL, looking at clusters, top Twitter accounts, URLs, hashtags, words, and what does it all mean?
- KDnuggets Twitter Social Network - Mar 14, 2014.
We examine KDnuggets Twitter social network, created by NodeXL, a free, open-source template for Microsoft Excel for social network analysis.
- PASS Free Online Business Analytics Training, Feb 5 - Jan 16, 2014.
Join live webcasts by some of the most knowledgeable and top-rated speakers, covering Advanced Analytics in Excel, End-to-End Power BI, Big Data, Data Visualization, and more. Tune in on Feb 5, 2014.