- Natural Language in Python using spaCy: An Introduction - Sep 26, 2019.
This article provides a brief introduction to working with natural language (sometimes called “text analytics”) in Python using spaCy and related libraries.
- Data Science in the Senses - May 10, 2019.
The evening event at the Rev conference this year will be showcasing some amazing projects that leverage data and machine learning for sensory experiences.
- REV 2: Next Data Science Leaders Summit, NYC, May 23-24 - Mar 6, 2019.
Come to New York City on May 23–24 for Rev 2, and learn from data science teams and leaders. This year’s focus is “What can teams learn from each other?”
- Rev Summit for Data Science Leaders featuring Daniel Kahneman - Jan 7, 2019.
Rev features interactive sessions, Q&A with industry luminaries, poster sessions for interesting modeling techniques and accomplishments, and stimulating conversations about how to make data science an enterprise-grade capability.
- Domino Data Science Popup, San Francisco, Feb 22 – KDnuggets Offer - Jan 31, 2017.
Learn about the latest trends in data science applications in technology from the top experts in the industry. Register by Feb 8 and save with code KDNuggetsVIP.
- Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics - Feb 9, 2015.
Innovation Enterprise has compiled a top 30 list for individuals in big data that have had a large impact on the development or popularity of the industry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 2-3: Avoiding a Common Mistake with Time Series; A New Year in Data Science, great overview - Feb 4, 2015.
Avoiding a Common Mistake with Time Series: use de-trending; A New Year in #DataScience, great overview of the #MachineLearning and #BigData; Data scientist memes - the 'hottest profession'; Top Big Data Influencers and Brands.
- Apache Spark: O’Reilly Certification, EU Training, University Program - Sep 26, 2014.
Recent news on Apache Spark includes developer certification from O'Reilly, upcoming training workshops in EU by Databricks, and Spark tutorial events at major universities.
- Top stories for Apr 20-26 - Apr 27, 2014.
Elusive Data Scientists Driving High Salaries; Data Workflows for Machine Learning; New Book: Social Media Mining - free PDF download; Microsoft Expands Big Data Platform.
- Data Workflows for Machine Learning - Apr 20, 2014.
Paco Nathan compares several open source frameworks for Machine Learning workflows, including KNIME, IPython Notebook and related libraries, Cascading, Cascalog, and Spark/MLbase, and proposes 9 criteria to evaluate the best alternatives.
- Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice - Mar 28, 2014.
Candid advice from an industry veteran reveals the true picture behind the much-talked-about Data Scientist "glamour" and helps people have the right expectations for a Data Science career.
- KDnuggets 14:n06, How Many Data Scientists? Crossing the Chasm and Big Data; Trifacta vs Paxata - Mar 19, 2014.
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science news, including How Many Data Scientists are out there, exclusive interviews with Geoffrey Moore (Crossing the Chasm), Paco Nathan (Apache Mesos and Big Data Math), and Quentin Clark (Power of BI), and LIONbook completed.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Paco Nathan - Mar 10, 2014.
We discuss about Paco's upcoming book "Just Enough Math", problems with current university curriculum around Math for Data Science and Big Data trends.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Paco Nathan, Chief Scientist at Mesosphere - Mar 10, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Paco Nathan, computer scientist, OSS developer, author, and advisor about Apache Mesos, Cascading, his books and Big Data trends.